Started By
re: .

Posted on 3/25/18 at 6:00 pm to
Posted by browl
North of BR
Member since Nov 2017
1571 posts
Posted on 3/25/18 at 6:00 pm to
Oh yeah...all the gold from the global collateral accounts. I almost forgot about that. Never forget, right?
Posted by northshorebamaman
Cochise County AZ
Member since Jul 2009
35478 posts
Posted on 3/25/18 at 6:11 pm to
quote:

I'm just glad that I didn't pass a military recruiters tabe that morning on the way to class.

I had just reenlisted for six more years on Aug 10th. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't questioning my decision on that day. I didn't know exactly where we were going yet but I knew damn well we were going somewhere.
Posted by baybeefeetz
Member since Sep 2009
31635 posts
Posted on 3/25/18 at 6:16 pm to
Do y’all remember that candlelight vigil thing a couple/few days after? I was in DC. Drank many, many drinks that night and felt a lot of love with strangers.

Even though I was very close to the targets, for whatever reason I never felt that I was under attack that day.
This post was edited on 3/25/18 at 6:36 pm
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 3/25/18 at 10:59 pm to
(no message)
This post was edited on 5/27/23 at 2:13 pm
Posted by Sentrius
Fort Rozz
Member since Jun 2011
64757 posts
Posted on 3/25/18 at 11:07 pm to
9/11 was and still is one of those moments where you're either like OH MY frickING GOD!!!!! WHAT THE frick??????? and losing your shite in a huge meltdown.

Or you just sit there in stunned and catastrophic silence where you're struggling to speak even a single word.

The terrorists truly won that day. They pushed our shite in as America is now less free with our liberty constantly disappearing, our financial solvency eroding with more wars and our domestic harmony gone with our people being more radicalized both sides of the aisle.
Posted by biglego
Ask your mom where I been
Member since Nov 2007
76273 posts
Posted on 3/26/18 at 12:15 am to
quote:

Do y’all remember that candlelight vigil thing a couple/few days after?

I remember watching a vigil on TV, featuring a bunch of music and movie stars. I remember the stars were extremely concerned with islamophobia.
Posted by RazorBroncs
Harding Bisons Fan
Member since Sep 2013
13536 posts
Posted on 3/26/18 at 2:30 am to
I was in 8th grade biology and the principal came over the intercom telling all teachers that the TVs were about to come on for an important broadcast, this was about 10 minutes before the second plane hit.

I just remember the entire class sitting completely silent, mouths agape, for no less than an hour while watching coverage. I was lab partners with a girl I always had a thing for but didn't know well at this point. She grabbed my hand and held it without saying a word the entire following hour or more, and others throughout the class did the same regardless of their prior relationships or walks of life. I remember looking back and seeing the class "nerdy kid" with his arm around one of the popular cheerleaders and her head on his shoulder, expecting to see a big smile on his face. Instead it was teary eyes but clearly trying to stay calm for her. The image is burned into my brain.

The teacher, who was in her late 20s/early 30s and usually very professional, sat amongst the class at a lab table and tried her hardest not to be overcome with emotion. She would end up hugging every student as they left for the next class, and I can STILL hear what she said to every one of us as she did - "God bless you."

I remember getting in my brothers car to go home that afternoon and it being oddly silent; normally we'd be jamming out to some music but this time we talked openly about joining the military to enact our revenge. We were both amped up and would've signed up right then if we were of age.

I hate that it took something like that to bring people together on all levels, from those 20+ kids in that biology class to nationwide, but the country was never stronger than the following days and weeks.

I've been in a relationship with the girl that grabbed my hand for the last 8 years now, we reconnected after high school and still talk about that time in biology.
Posted by Hurricane Mike
Member since Jun 2008
20059 posts
Posted on 3/26/18 at 2:54 am to
quote:

I was 19 when the planes hit. Thought to myself, cut and dry terrorist attack. That guy no longer exists mentally, however. "Unfortunately", I tend to side on the opinion that we orchestrated it as well.

Given everything we've learned in the 17 years since through Wikileaks and other means, it's completely within the realm of possibility that it was a CIA op. A lot of stuff never made sense, like how intelligence agencies ignored the warnings they received on most of the bombers. Stuff in the 9/11 Commission Report didn't make sense. The fact that the CIA was on the ground in Afghanistan almost immediately and had intelligence ready for us to bomb a month later was always odd to me (I believe they were already there).

Everything we've learned over the past few years about us starting wars in Libya and Syria, the whole Arab Spring, Benghazi, etc makes me almost certain 9/11 was an inside job. 17 years ago it sounded crazy, it doesn't anymore. There was too much sophistication to it and no attack before or since then has come close to that sophistication.
Posted by White Roach
Member since Apr 2009
9454 posts
Posted on 3/26/18 at 4:32 am to
quote:

The fact that the CIA was on the ground in Afghanistan almost immediately and had intelligence ready for us to bomb a month later was always odd to me (I believe they were already there).

The CIA had established relationships with many Northern Alliance commanders back during their proxy war with the Soviets. The didn't arrive in Afghanistan cold and having to make contact with potential allies. These relationships were formed years before.

The first CIA "Jawbreaker" team arrived in the Panjshir Valley on 9/26/200 via a Soviet MI-17 helicopter flown by CIA Air Branch pilots. They brought several million dollars with them that they immediately started using to ensure the cooperation and allegiance of Northern Alliance warlords for the upcoming military campaign. They started mapping NA and Taliban front lines and gathering target information for when the bombing began, as well as collecting intelligence on the whereabouts of Al-Quada. The USAF started its bombing campaign on 10/10/2017.

The first Army SF A-Team, ODA 555 (Triple Nickel), arrived the night of 10/19/2001. Among their gear were SOFLAM laser target designators, to be used in conjunction with laser guided bombs. They soon moved onto the Shomali Plain to direct air strikes along the front lines.

Kabul was taken by Thanksgiving and the Taliban collapsed in the first of Dec.
Posted by CharlesLSU
Member since Jan 2007
31892 posts
Posted on 3/26/18 at 6:04 am to
Ummmm......still seems like the best country in the world to me.

When did the US become shitty?

Guess what? America’s always been great. It didn’t need a bullshite slogan created by PT Barnum to do so.
first pageprev pagePage 3 of 3Next pagelast page
refresh

logoFollow TigerDroppings for LSU Football News
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram to get the latest updates on LSU Football and Recruiting.

FacebookTwitterInstagram