re: .

Posted on 10/14/14 at 4:10 pm to
Posted by Yat27
Austin
Member since Nov 2010
8110 posts
Posted on 10/14/14 at 4:10 pm to
quote:

Are you insane? The one thing these jerks at the Fed level SHOULD be doing are things like Disease Control, meaning quarantine powers, which can only be by force, therefore it must remain an agency of the Federal Government.

Simmer down, I'm pretty sure this is a troll post that's meant to be a "gotcha" moment against the small government proponents on this board.
Posted by NC_Tigah
Carolinas
Member since Sep 2003
124456 posts
Posted on 10/14/14 at 4:19 pm to
quote:

What if the baby has Ebola?!
Posted by rcocke2
New Orleans
Member since Apr 2009
1690 posts
Posted on 10/14/14 at 4:19 pm to
quote:

I think the mission of the CDC is an inherently governmental function.

It has to be since it requires draconian policies like quarantine where people are left to die, alone. This requires force of law. No voluntary anything here.

quote:

IMO, ^^^ is why you have a federal government instead of a bunch of states doing things 50 different ways. The same cannot be said for many other departments and services.

This is part of the problem. Systemic issues, meaning they affect the entire 50 states (war/defense, borders, disease control), are by necessity handled by the Feds. But since the DC pols have been usurping state power for 100 years, you get an emotional reaction to eliminate any federal agency, especially from the right.
Posted by rcocke2
New Orleans
Member since Apr 2009
1690 posts
Posted on 10/14/14 at 4:22 pm to
quote:

Simmer down, I'm pretty sure this is a troll post that's meant to be a "gotcha" moment against the small government proponents on this board.

I am a small-government proponent, registered Libertarian. Doesn't mean I'm dumb enough to fall for the anarchist type libertarian BS, especially when it comes to something like Ebola.
Posted by Lakeboy7
New Orleans
Member since Jul 2011
23965 posts
Posted on 10/14/14 at 4:40 pm to
So you want the State of Louisiana to handle Ebola in Louisiana? Not me.
Posted by SpidermanTUba
my house
Member since May 2004
36129 posts
Posted on 10/14/14 at 4:41 pm to
quote:

So you want the State of Louisiana to handle Ebola in Louisiana? Not me.

Local governments and private individuals are best equipped. Its really all about personal responsibility - NOT - the nanny state!
Posted by Ghostfacedistiller
BR
Member since Jun 2008
17500 posts
Posted on 10/14/14 at 4:46 pm to
quote:

I am a small-government proponent, registered Libertarian. Doesn't mean I'm dumb enough to fall for the anarchist type libertarian BS, especially when it comes to something like Ebola.

Agreed. Although I'm not a registered libertarian. As my first post stated, this is and should be an inherently governmental function. Small government does not mean no government. I want the Feds to handle Ebola, not dictate the amount of soda I can drink and which doctor I should see.

This post was edited on 10/14/14 at 4:46 pm
first pageprev pagePage 2 of 2Next pagelast page
refresh

logoFollow TigerDroppings for LSU Football News
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram to get the latest updates on LSU Football and Recruiting.

FacebookTwitterInstagram