re: .

Posted on 7/22/14 at 5:48 pm to
Posted by Vols&Shaft83
Throbbing Member
Member since Dec 2012
69964 posts
Posted on 7/22/14 at 5:48 pm to
quote:

Are you people really arguing that clean running water does not prevent cholera? Christ.

You're telling me, in the entire city of Detroit, in all of the public buildings, nobody has poop free water?
Posted by Korkstand
Member since Nov 2003
28746 posts
Posted on 7/22/14 at 5:50 pm to
quote:

Not if no one in the city has the bacteria!
Oh, well thank goodness they've closed the borders of Detroit and no contaminated people or food can get in or out!
quote:

What am I wasting my time explaining this?!
That's a good question.
Posted by Patrick_Bateman
Member since Jan 2012
17823 posts
Posted on 7/22/14 at 5:51 pm to
quote:

Are you people really arguing that clean running water does not prevent cholera?
Nope, we're arguing that no one in Detroit has cholera. Thus, no one in Detroit can spread cholera. No matter how unsanitary the conditions.
Posted by wfeliciana
Member since Oct 2013
4504 posts
Posted on 7/22/14 at 5:51 pm to
quote:

If you can't pay $65 for water, then you fricked up somewhere. Most especially if you are receiving government assistance. You have no housing cost or food cost....where is all of your money going

Yes you do have housing costs and food costs and utility costs and clothes for your kids and transportation costs. Assisted housing is based on income, so you do pay. Food stamps can't feed your family, it helps subsidize the cost. There are many reasons for being poor, some are because they are lazy but many are because of health reasons, loss of job, medical bills, all sorts of reasons. And there are many who work very hard but still can not make it. Most of us are fortunate in our lives. Yes we've worked hard for our education and in our profession, but there are people who are not as fortunate. They have hard times. Most of us have been affected by the bad economy, imagine how it must impact those who have so much less than us. Yes some abuse the system, yes some have no initiative but you don't throw the baby out with the bath water.

I think in life we form beliefs based on our experiences, so it is only natural that unless you have had exposure to the truly poor you may not understand their plight. I know if I had never had the experiences I had that I'd have an entirely different view on this subject. The poor are out there-the working poor are out there.
This post was edited on 7/22/14 at 5:56 pm
Posted by Korkstand
Member since Nov 2003
28746 posts
Posted on 7/22/14 at 5:53 pm to
quote:

If water has a poop floating around in it, I ain't drinking that shite
If it's a floating turd, you should be fine*. Cholera poop is liquid.

*"Fine" is a relative term.
Posted by Vols&Shaft83
Throbbing Member
Member since Dec 2012
69964 posts
Posted on 7/22/14 at 5:53 pm to
quote:

Oh, well thank goodness they've closed the borders of Detroit and no contaminated people or food can get in or out!

You mean all those cholera carrying Canadian refugees?
Posted by Korkstand
Member since Nov 2003
28746 posts
Posted on 7/22/14 at 5:55 pm to
quote:

You're telling me, in the entire city of Detroit, in all of the public buildings, nobody has poop free water?

I'm pretty sure you're just fricking around, but I'll address it. It's not like you have to drink straight shite water. The few cases that happen in the US are from contaminated food.
Posted by Korkstand
Member since Nov 2003
28746 posts
Posted on 7/22/14 at 5:56 pm to
quote:

Nope, we're arguing that no one in Detroit has cholera. Thus, no one in Detroit can spread cholera. No matter how unsanitary the conditions.

I think if you let that rattle around in your head a little while, you might realize how stupid that argument is.
Posted by fleaux
section 0
Member since Aug 2012
8741 posts
Posted on 7/22/14 at 6:07 pm to
quote:

Are you people really arguing that clean running water does not prevent cholera?

No, we're arguing the following :

1) they chose to not have water by choosing not to pay their bills
B) these are not like villages in Africa where there's no running water anywhere . Neighbors have water , plus they can use their EBT cards to buy drinking water
Posted by Vols&Shaft83
Throbbing Member
Member since Dec 2012
69964 posts
Posted on 7/22/14 at 6:09 pm to
quote:

No, we're arguing the following :

1) they chose to not have water by choosing not to pay their bills
B) these are not like villages in Africa where there's no running water anywhere . Neighbors have water , plus they can use their EBT cards to buy drinking water

Well they are sort of like villages in Africa
Posted by onmymedicalgrind
Nunya
Member since Dec 2012
10591 posts
Posted on 7/22/14 at 6:19 pm to
quote:

Well it could just be floating in the water....
Posted by CptRusty
Basket of Deplorables
Member since Aug 2011
11740 posts
Posted on 7/22/14 at 6:21 pm to
quote:

Korkstand

quote:

Got any examples you can link up of people who genuinely have no way to pay their water bill? Since there's a "whole lot" of them and all.

those crickets are getting awfully loud
Posted by FlagLake
"Da Ship"
Member since Feb 2006
2353 posts
Posted on 7/22/14 at 6:47 pm to
quote:

The few cases that happen in the US are from contaminated food.

You argue about cholera and contaminated water, then you post this. So, is it from food or water? Make up your mind.
Posted by Korkstand
Member since Nov 2003
28746 posts
Posted on 7/22/14 at 6:52 pm to
quote:

those crickets are getting awfully loud

I'm sorry, I must have missed your post amongst the sea of posts about xboxes and eating shite.

But what do you want me to do, Google for "poor people"?
Posted by Korkstand
Member since Nov 2003
28746 posts
Posted on 7/22/14 at 6:59 pm to
quote:

You argue about cholera and contaminated water, then you post this. So, is it from food or water? Make up your mind.

Let me see, how can I explain this so you can understand?

If someone eats contaminated food, they can get cholera. If someone drinks contaminated water, they can get cholera. Once infected, that person's liquid diarrhea shite is also contaminated. It can then spread through the water containing the shite if left untreated.

Is this so hard?
Posted by Vols&Shaft83
Throbbing Member
Member since Dec 2012
69964 posts
Posted on 7/22/14 at 7:02 pm to
But I don't drink diarrhea
Posted by fleaux
section 0
Member since Aug 2012
8741 posts
Posted on 7/22/14 at 7:09 pm to
So what you're saying is this:

If they don't drown out the right wing noise and tax Wall Street, they might not be able to pay their water bills?

Bush's fault!!!
Posted by Korkstand
Member since Nov 2003
28746 posts
Posted on 7/22/14 at 7:10 pm to
quote:

But I don't drink diarrhea

Well, at least you are somewhat sane.
Posted by onmymedicalgrind
Nunya
Member since Dec 2012
10591 posts
Posted on 7/22/14 at 7:10 pm to
Well you might want to give it a try. What do you think poor people will taste like?? Peaches and cream?
Posted by Al Dante
Member since Mar 2013
1859 posts
Posted on 7/22/14 at 7:19 pm to
Korkstand, do you think that the water company in Detroit should cut off the water of people who have not paid their water bill in a year or two?
Jump to page
Page First 6 7 8 9 10 ... 15
Jump to page
first pageprev pagePage 8 of 15Next pagelast page

logoFollow TigerDroppings for LSU Football News
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram to get the latest updates on LSU Football and Recruiting.

FacebookTwitterInstagram