re: .

Posted on 7/20/14 at 4:23 pm to
Posted by Patrick_Bateman
Member since Jan 2012
17823 posts
Posted on 7/20/14 at 4:23 pm to
Also, this is not surprising.

quote:

Water rates have risen for customers who pay responsibly to help cover the costs of their neighbors who do not.
Posted by Vols&Shaft83
Throbbing Member
Member since Dec 2012
69953 posts
Posted on 7/20/14 at 4:25 pm to
Erections have consequences
Posted by Patrick_Bateman
Member since Jan 2012
17823 posts
Posted on 7/20/14 at 4:25 pm to
quote:

Why do you think citizens have no right to protest how a government owned company is operated?
Why do you think citizens have no responsibility to pay for services rendered and debts owed?
Posted by dcrews
Houston, TX
Member since Feb 2011
30237 posts
Posted on 7/20/14 at 4:29 pm to
quote:

Why do you think citizens have no right to protest how a government owned company is operated?

They didn't pay their water bills, now they have no water.

They have every right to "protest", but their "protest" has no merit.

Should I protest Toyota when my truck gets taken away because I decide to buy flashy clothes, get my hurr and nails did and buy a big screen tv instead of paying my truck note?
Posted by SpidermanTUba
my house
Member since May 2004
36129 posts
Posted on 7/20/14 at 4:32 pm to
quote:

Why do you think citizens have no responsibility to pay for services rendered and debts owed?

Why does the government have no responsibility to prevent cholera outbreak?
Posted by Strannix
District 11
Member since Dec 2012
49135 posts
Posted on 7/20/14 at 4:32 pm to
quote:

Who said this you idiot?
Posted by dcrews
Houston, TX
Member since Feb 2011
30237 posts
Posted on 7/20/14 at 4:34 pm to
quote:

Why does the government have no responsibility to prevent cholera outbreak?

Why do you never address the topic at hand...EVER?

It's just constant non answering of questions and subject changing anytime you post.

You know those people are mad they aren't getting water even though they are months behind on their water bill.

Even though they have a right to protest, their reasoning for protesting is so incredibly comical and asinine. You know it and I know it.
Posted by jamboybarry
Member since Feb 2011
32689 posts
Posted on 7/20/14 at 4:35 pm to
Love how they all had time to protest on a workday
Posted by SpidermanTUba
my house
Member since May 2004
36129 posts
Posted on 7/20/14 at 4:35 pm to
quote:

They didn't pay their water bills, now they have no water.

They have every right to "protest", but their "protest" has no merit.

Should I protest Toyota when my truck gets taken away because I decide to buy flashy clothes, get my hurr and nails did and buy a big screen tv instead of paying my truck note?

Do you think the paying customers will be OK with cholera and the smell of sewerage?

This post was edited on 7/20/14 at 4:36 pm
Posted by SpidermanTUba
my house
Member since May 2004
36129 posts
Posted on 7/20/14 at 4:36 pm to
quote:

Love how they all had time to protest on a workday

Why don't they just get a job? fricking poors.
Posted by dcrews
Houston, TX
Member since Feb 2011
30237 posts
Posted on 7/20/14 at 4:37 pm to
quote:

Do you think the paying customers will be OK with cholera?

They aren't paying customers...that's why their water was cut off.
Posted by jamboybarry
Member since Feb 2011
32689 posts
quote:

Why don't they just get a job? fricking poors

Amen brother
Posted by SpidermanTUba
my house
Member since May 2004
36129 posts
quote:

Why do you never address the topic at hand...EVER?

Oh - yeah - right - the topic is premium cable will be an inalienable right. Because it falls from the sky, is required for proper sanitation, and without it - you die - JUST LIKE water!!!

Now I get it!
Posted by dcrews
Houston, TX
Member since Feb 2011
30237 posts
Posted on 7/20/14 at 4:38 pm to
quote:

fricking poors.

They weren't too poor for new hair, nails, clothes, cuff links, ties, suits and big screens now were they?
Posted by SpidermanTUba
my house
Member since May 2004
36129 posts
Posted on 7/20/14 at 4:38 pm to
quote:

Amen brother

I can't for the life of me understand why these poors can't just be like me. I've got a job. I pay my bills. Why can't they just do that? I see jobs every time I look in the paper. I just don't get it. I'm going to go drink massive amounts of brawndo now.
This post was edited on 7/20/14 at 4:39 pm
Posted by SlowFlowPro
Simple Solutions to Complex Probs
Member since Jan 2004
425100 posts
Posted on 7/20/14 at 4:39 pm to
well, the title was obvious sarcasm via absurdity. however, in full honesty, when discussing how poor people in the US really aren't poor and discussing all the stuff they have, things like cell phones are listed as a "must" (not quite a "right"). they are luxury items

this also is not a protest about how a public service is run. it's a protest over paying for a public service
This post was edited on 7/20/14 at 4:40 pm
Posted by Vols&Shaft83
Throbbing Member
Member since Dec 2012
69953 posts
Posted on 7/20/14 at 4:39 pm to
quote:

Oh - yeah - right - the topic is premium cable will be an inalienable right. Because it falls from the sky, is required for proper sanitation, and without it - you die - JUST LIKE water!!!

Now I get it!

They can take a bucket to Lake Minitanka then.
Posted by dcrews
Houston, TX
Member since Feb 2011
30237 posts
Posted on 7/20/14 at 4:40 pm to
quote:

Now I get it!

The intention of the post is clear, you're just ignoring it because you have no answer that fits your agenda.

The OP is clearly wanting to discuss where the line will be drawn concerning "inalienable rights".

Should water be free for everyone? Food? Internet? Clothes? Car? Cable? Who pays for it?

Again, the OP's intentions were clear, but out of intentional ignorance, you ignored it because it doesn't fit your agenda.
Posted by MSCoastTigerGirl
Baton Rouge
Member since Dec 2008
35525 posts
Posted on 7/20/14 at 4:40 pm to
I have read some stupid shite in my life, but the cholera statement has to take the cake.

I'm going back to watching my documentary about us nuking the Japs.
Posted by jamboybarry
Member since Feb 2011
32689 posts
Posted on 7/20/14 at 4:41 pm to
quote:

I can't for the life of me understand why these poors can't just be like me. I've got a job. I pay my bills. Why can't they just do that? I just don't get it. I'm going to go drink massive amounts of brawndo now.

Pay your bills, or don't. I don't care but don't bitch about your service getting cutoff when you're $1000 delinquent on a fricking water bill.

Oh and you post the brawndo meme entirely too much. Did you literally just see Idiocracy?
Jump to page
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 15
Jump to page
first pageprev pagePage 2 of 15Next pagelast page

logoFollow TigerDroppings for LSU Football News
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram to get the latest updates on LSU Football and Recruiting.

FacebookTwitterInstagram