
- My Forums
- Tiger Rant
- LSU Recruiting
- SEC Rant
- Saints Talk
- Pelicans Talk
- More Sports Board
- Fantasy Sports
- Golf Board
- Soccer Board
- O-T Lounge
- Tech Board
- Home/Garden Board
- Outdoor Board
- Health/Fitness Board
- Movie/TV Board
- Book Board
- Music Board
- Political Talk
- Money Talk
- Fark Board
- Gaming Board
- Travel Board
- Food/Drink Board
- Ticket Exchange
- TD Help Board
Customize My Forums- View All Forums
- Show Left Links
- Topic Sort Options
- Trending Topics
- Recent Topics
- Active Topics
Started By
Message
.
Posted on 8/5/16 at 11:05 am
Posted on 8/5/16 at 11:05 am
(no message)
This post was edited on 11/10/23 at 4:19 am
Posted on 8/5/16 at 11:08 am to DelU249
Luigi's Mansion was fun launch title and loved WW once you got pass the soft shading graphics.
Edt: As for the Star Fox games. I haven't enjoyed a Star Fox game since the 64. They have all been shtt.
Edt: As for the Star Fox games. I haven't enjoyed a Star Fox game since the 64. They have all been shtt.
This post was edited on 8/5/16 at 11:10 am
Posted on 8/5/16 at 11:15 am to LSU Coyote
All of these games are no doubt fun. I've played 3 of them, and I have no reason to doubt Mario sunshine but wind waker is the only one with resonance and I think part of that is due to the initial backlash
Star fox zero is retarded fun once you master the controls. That alone makes it heavily flawed and almost anti Nintendo since their games have always had such intuitive controls, but it's fricking awesome if you give the controls time
star fox adventures is also fun. Maybe it would've been better without star fox, but it doesn't change the fact that it's fun
Star fox zero is retarded fun once you master the controls. That alone makes it heavily flawed and almost anti Nintendo since their games have always had such intuitive controls, but it's fricking awesome if you give the controls time
star fox adventures is also fun. Maybe it would've been better without star fox, but it doesn't change the fact that it's fun
This post was edited on 8/5/16 at 11:18 am
Posted on 8/5/16 at 12:20 pm to DelU249
quote:Outside of Galaxy 1, it's my favorite Mario game
Mario Sunshine - I will play this soon and I expect it to be awesome, but I actually didn't even know this game existed until a few years ago...and even though I had been out of the Nintendo game for a while, Mario galaxy was big news to me somehow.
Posted on 8/5/16 at 12:30 pm to Henry Jones Jr
you must be younger because a few years ago you ranked it number 1 and said it was a childhood thing, which I totally get
I was in that weird range. I grew up on NES, SNES and 64, so they're all equally nostalgic, and 64 holds that place for me that sunshine does for you...but I agree...galaxy is just redunkulous and the only game since Mario 64 to give me that same holy shite feeling...it was like playing 3d Mario for the first time even though 3d games are and were just the standard.
I was in that weird range. I grew up on NES, SNES and 64, so they're all equally nostalgic, and 64 holds that place for me that sunshine does for you...but I agree...galaxy is just redunkulous and the only game since Mario 64 to give me that same holy shite feeling...it was like playing 3d Mario for the first time even though 3d games are and were just the standard.
This post was edited on 8/5/16 at 12:32 pm
Posted on 8/5/16 at 12:34 pm to DelU249
quote:
Wind Waker - Nintendo really fricked themselves with that demo, but still...I didn't play this for years because the art style was such a turn off...then when I did play it, it's easily to me the best looking Zelda game ever. but again, the cartoon style was risky and once again, Nintendo subverted expectations
Nintendo knows what people want before they do. They just don't know how to tell people what they want.
Posted on 8/5/16 at 12:37 pm to DelU249
did you play wind waker HD on the WiiU?
its beautiful. I love the art style. ive gone back and looked at screens of the GC version and felt they looked good for 2002.
its beautiful. I love the art style. ive gone back and looked at screens of the GC version and felt they looked good for 2002.
Posted on 8/5/16 at 12:37 pm to Freauxzen
quote:I have said this for years.
Nintendo knows what people want before they do
the one time they gave everyone what they wanted, the people responded with "meh"...don't get me wrong, twilight princess is a fantastic game.
quote:I guess I didn't realize this until recently.
They just don't know how to tell people what they want
Posted on 8/5/16 at 12:40 pm to jefforize
I started with the gamecube version a year ago, loved it but had too much shite going on,
played it on wii u...either way, it's the best looking Zelda game IMO.
Skyward sword is the most cinematic
twilight princess is the most hyper realistic
majora's mask is the biggest risk taker
ocarina of time is the most ground breaking, the best, the most perfect, and probably the greatest game ever made.
played it on wii u...either way, it's the best looking Zelda game IMO.
Skyward sword is the most cinematic
twilight princess is the most hyper realistic
majora's mask is the biggest risk taker
ocarina of time is the most ground breaking, the best, the most perfect, and probably the greatest game ever made.
Posted on 8/5/16 at 12:41 pm to DelU249
quote:
the one time they gave everyone what they wanted, the people responded with "meh"...don't get me wrong, twilight princess is a fantastic game.
WW is one of the most underrated games of all time. No lie. It gets far more respect now, but it's a brilliant game that just totally works on all points.
quote:
I guess I didn't realize this until recently.
All of their marketing struggles go down to this.
Posted on 8/5/16 at 12:43 pm to DelU249
quote:
did nintendo take too many risks with the gamecube?
No.
The Gamecube just hit at the wrong time in game/software development. It's a great console.
Posted on 8/5/16 at 12:48 pm to Freauxzen
quote:well, from what I understand, they were pretty dickish in their dealings in the 90s with developers and other companies and they paid the price
All of their marketing struggles go down to this.
but yeah, given all of that, I don't feel as if they helped themselves during this time period by not managing expectations. I guess they just don't get that people expect sameness and are comfortable with predictability.
Posted on 8/5/16 at 12:51 pm to Freauxzen
quote:but i'm not saying it isn't nor am I saying it was the only factor, but I guess I'm wondering if they made things more difficult by not properly setting expectations that they weren't going to give everyone the same shite they got last time. I think they didn't properly brand themselves as the innovative ones to combat the perception people had of them...which was that they were outdated and too...i guess kid friendly.
It's a great console.
i just listed 4 of the best games, all of them major first party titles (for all intents and purposes rare was Nintendo)
i didn't even mention that Metroid was made a FPS, but that's because everyone apparently loved the shite out of it and it didn't come with any backlash that i can remember.
This post was edited on 8/5/16 at 12:54 pm
Posted on 8/5/16 at 12:55 pm to Freauxzen
the rumor is that they'll have all the big guns releasing at launch or within 6 months of launch, so i don't think i'm too far off on the point about not having a Mario launch since 64.
Posted on 8/5/16 at 12:58 pm to DelU249
Luigi's Mansion, Mario Sunshine and Windwaker were all great games.
Posted on 8/5/16 at 1:02 pm to McCaigBro69
but that's the point, they are by all accounts great games and yet they were met with disappointment at the time...a great game should never be disappointing.
I've played 2 of them, and they're both excellent. the third I have no doubt that it is also excellent
i don't know this, but i suspect wind waker and sunshine probably undersold
I've played 2 of them, and they're both excellent. the third I have no doubt that it is also excellent
i don't know this, but i suspect wind waker and sunshine probably undersold

Popular
Back to top
6












