Started By
re: .

Posted on 7/10/17 at 6:04 pm to
Posted by DawgsLife
Member since Jun 2013
59008 posts
Posted on 7/10/17 at 6:04 pm to
quote:

To be fair if any president asked their kid to do anything official I'd have an issue with it. I didn't vote for their kids or wife, I voted for them.

Did you vote for Hillary to be Secretary of State? We don't vote for any of those spots, unless you want to count the vote for the POTUS being his/her judgement. If you want that to count, then people voted for his family. I don't know. I don't think they've harmed anything, yet. I'll form my opinion on how they do and not who their family is.
Posted by DawgsLife
Member since Jun 2013
59008 posts
Posted on 7/10/17 at 6:09 pm to
quote:

Sure, but there is a process in place for top officials, i.e. senate confirmation.

Who confirmed ivanka?

Special assistant to the President? I'm pretty sure you don't have to be confirmed for that position.

it is an unpaid position. No confirmation needed.

And, not all appointed positions have to be confirmed, anyway.

Presidential appointments come in two forms: those that require the approval of the Senate and those that do not.

Explains which ones do and which ones don't
Posted by DawgsLife
Member since Jun 2013
59008 posts
Posted on 7/10/17 at 6:12 pm to
quote:

Why is this a big deal with ivanka when it has never been a problem before in our history?

I agree with you as a whole. And, again, not all positions have to have confirmation. However, I think most have a problem with her because she is related to the President. And, I can understand that, to a point. However, she is not in exactly a sensitive position, and from what I have seen, has done well with what she has done.
first pageprev pagePage 6 of 6Next pagelast page
refresh

logoFollow TigerDroppings for LSU Football News
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram to get the latest updates on LSU Football and Recruiting.

FacebookTwitterInstagram