Posted on 4/3/16 at 1:25 pm to
Posted by lsufan9193969700
3 miles from B.R.
Member since Sep 2003
55106 posts
Posted on 4/3/16 at 1:25 pm to
quote:

quote:
but it is definitely not a POS. Attack of the Clones is the only POS.

False.

Attack of the Clones isn't even the worse film in the series as that honor goes to the Phantom Menace.

Wow...

V
IV
V
VII

III

I

II
Posted by blueboy
Member since Apr 2006
56272 posts
Posted on 4/3/16 at 1:43 pm to
Don't get me wrong. PM is so bad it's offensive, and given the level of expectation leading up to it, it's right up there with my grandfather's funeral as one of the worst days of my life.

AotC was expected to suck, so it's impact was lesser at the time. However, given the space of over a decade, we can examine both as pure films, without the visceral element.
Posted by SlowFlowPro
Simple Solutions to Complex Probs
Member since Jan 2004
421945 posts
Posted on 4/3/16 at 1:44 pm to
at least TPM has some redeemable factors, like the podrace and the final fight
Posted by TigerMyth36
River Ridge
Member since Nov 2005
39730 posts
Posted on 4/3/16 at 1:50 pm to
quote:

TPM has some redeemable factors
Not really. I hated the kid way to much to like the pod race. He was like claws on a chalkboard anytime he was on screen.

Posted by Tiger Ryno
#WoF
Member since Feb 2007
103000 posts
Posted on 4/3/16 at 3:09 pm to
The whole movie was Ill conceived. The characters were all done wrong. All wrong.we didn't need to see an akin as a 7 year old. Just horribly I'll conceived.
Posted by Antonio Moss
Baton Rouge
Member since Mar 2006
48296 posts
Posted on 4/3/16 at 5:30 pm to
quote:

The whole movie was Ill conceived. The characters were all done wrong. All wrong.we didn't need to see an akin as a 7 year old. Just horribly I'll conceived.

Correct.

Lucas really should have started episode I something like 10 years into the Clone Wars. The Clone Wars was a concept with a cool name but we didn't need three and half hours of film to see how it all began.

And Anakin should have been 18-20 at the beginning of the films.
Posted by 19
Flux Capacitor, Fluxing
Member since Nov 2007
33173 posts
Posted on 4/3/16 at 7:58 pm to
quote:

TPM has some redeemable factors

Technology isn't responsible for any of them.

1980 Frank Oz Puppet Yoda, 1983 Oz Puppet Jabba >>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 1999 puppet Yoda, CGI Yoda fixer-upper, Any Jabba added after 1983.

Puppet Yoda in TPM is beyond terrible. A little better by 2011 CGI but not ever even close to Oz Puppet Yoda.
This post was edited on 4/3/16 at 8:00 pm
Posted by 19
Flux Capacitor, Fluxing
Member since Nov 2007
33173 posts
Posted on 4/3/16 at 8:03 pm to
Send In the Clones was even worse due to last minute re-writes and "wow!" Effects fillers when Lucas chickened out on the whole Darth Jarjar idea.

Jarjar would've failed in any incarnation...Lucas truly thought he would be Yoda v.2 and LOVED by fans.
Posted by biglego
Ask your mom where I been
Member since Nov 2007
76213 posts
Posted on 4/3/16 at 9:56 pm to
Jedi has become a movie that's cool to hate now too. Yet frick everyone loved it when it came out. It has some badass stuff in it. As I got older, I too came to hate the ewoks. But otherwise there's nothing wrong with Jedi. I'll never be so cynical as to completely hate it.
Posted by OMLandshark
Member since Apr 2009
108098 posts
Posted on 4/3/16 at 10:02 pm to
quote:

But otherwise there's nothing wrong with Jedi.

That's just plain wrong. There are many more problems than the Ewoks on this film. Seriously, tell me how Luke's plan to break out Han isn't complete nonsense, as entertaining as it is.
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 4/3/16 at 10:17 pm to
How about an opening scene where rebel forces storm jabba's palace and rescue han. It would take 15 minutes get the plot going and not be as entirely boring and stupid as the opening sequence of Jedi (which is like 40 minutes long)

Jedi sucks and the throne room scenes aren't really all that. Luke is being tempted with...um...well nothing

Vader goes from the ultimate movie villain to mindless slave and the scenes are constantly interrupted by the two other story threads
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 4/3/16 at 10:19 pm to
The puppet yoda from empire still to this day looks and feels so incredibly real.
Posted by biglego
Member since Nov 2007
76213 posts
Posted on 4/3/16 at 11:20 pm to
Bc Luke felt like an invincible warrior. He was young and powerful and fearless and ready for a fight. He didn't need thoughtfulness and planning. He was a Jedi knight, a warlord, and foolish as young warriors can be.

That's my take anyway.
Posted by moffettduck
Mobile, Alabama
Member since Feb 2016
857 posts
Posted on 4/4/16 at 12:12 am to
How the flying frick can you be that hater on it? It gave us the best scene between Luke and Vader on Endor. Luke fricking with Vader's mind.. great character development big time there.. one of my favorite moments in the films.
Posted by biglego
Member since Nov 2007
76213 posts
Posted on 4/4/16 at 12:41 am to
Besides ewoks, I'll say doing another Death Star wasn't cool. Should've had something new.
Posted by 19
Flux Capacitor, Fluxing
Member since Nov 2007
33173 posts
Posted on 4/4/16 at 10:03 am to
That is a poor argument and way overused.
Lucas wrote SW as a space opera, meaning it was half-assed based on realism whenever possible.

The first Death Star proved the tech worked, but it was vulnerable. What military wouldn’t build another with a sheild to protect it or some other way to correct the error?
The Empire also learned from having Lea steal the plans to DS v 1.0 by purposefully spreading disinfo that 2.0 was "not yet operational"

In fact, DS 2.0 was Palpatine's Endgame plan to quash the rebellion for good...and it was a pretty damn good one. He knew spies took the info. He knew rebels would be on the Forest Moon. He knew the rebel fleet would come. It Took his #1 to betray him to ruin it.
Did we quit building B-17s when many were shot down? Did we quit using space shuttles after Challenger blew up?

Saying Death Star 2.0 was silly is just disrespectful to the genre Lucas was writing in.
Trust me when I say there's plenty of full-on silly to legitimately call him down on.
This post was edited on 4/4/16 at 10:10 am
Posted by GeauxMatt624
Bangor, Maine
Member since Feb 2016
566 posts
Posted on 4/4/16 at 10:47 am to
quote:

I'll say doing another Death Star wasn't cool. Should've had something new.

TFA should have taken that advice

Posted by RedPants
GA
Member since Jan 2013
5413 posts
Posted on 4/4/16 at 11:10 am to
Th only thing that sucks about Jedi are the Ewoks. It seems like you're not a Star Wars fan, you just have a strong admiration for Empire.
Posted by StarkRebel
Member since Sep 2014
2175 posts
Posted on 4/4/16 at 11:27 am to
quote:

Return of the Jedi is such a POS

I'll kill you bro.
Posted by AlxTgr
Kyre Banorg
Member since Oct 2003
81604 posts
Posted on 4/4/16 at 11:32 am to
quote:

I'll say doing another Death Star wasn't cool. Should've had something new.

And yet...
first pageprev pagePage 5 of 9Next pagelast page

logoFollow TigerDroppings for LSU Football News
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram to get the latest updates on LSU Football and Recruiting.

FacebookTwitterInstagram