Started By
re: .

Posted on 4/1/16 at 8:46 pm to
Posted by partywiththelombardi
Member since May 2012
11588 posts
Posted on 4/1/16 at 8:46 pm to
Return of the Jedi is better than most 3rd films that immediately come to my mind and is up there with any greats.

Godfather 3 is trash
Any superhero trilogy minus TDKR(I like ROTJ better)
Better than any animation trilogy minus Toy Story(not debatable)
Better than any action/epic trilogy minus Last Crusade, DH w/Vengeance , LOTR ROTK
Better than any modern literature turned into a film trilogy/movie series minus Harry Potter's Prisoner of Azkaban

All in all great company to be in and if Lucas hadn't tried to milk the toy empire Fox gave him even ROTJ would have been better.

Posted by Gradual_Stroke
Bee Cave, TX
Member since Oct 2012
20917 posts
Posted on 4/1/16 at 8:47 pm to
Star Wars is kind of a POS franchise compared to the sci-fi that has come out since then.
Member since May 2012
11588 posts
Posted on 4/1/16 at 8:50 pm to
She was unbelievably sexy in ESB. If I ever have a daughter Carrie Fisher will be my power point presentation on why people should never do drugs.
Posted by JabarkusRussell
Member since Jul 2009
15825 posts
Posted on 4/1/16 at 8:56 pm to
quote:

That was clearly shoehorned in, and Lucas has admitted to this.

What? Where? How was in shoehorned when he had to return to Yoda to complete his training as alluded to in ESB?
Posted by Tigris
Mexican Home
Member since Jul 2005
12350 posts
Posted on 4/1/16 at 8:58 pm to
quote:

Still better than TFA

I agree with this.
Posted by OMLandshark
Member since Apr 2009
108098 posts
Posted on 4/1/16 at 9:15 pm to
quote:

What? Where? How was in shoehorned when he had to return to Yoda to complete his training as alluded to in ESB?

What I'm saying is that during the first draft they really didn't have him in, and then realized they couldn't leave that hanging. The momentum of the plot pretty much comes to a halt during that scene, and it shows.
Posted by Master of Sinanju
Member since Feb 2012
11309 posts
Posted on 4/1/16 at 9:50 pm to
Throne room duel was amazing.
Jabba's Palace was cool.
Speeder bikes and space battle were great.
I didn't even mind the Ewoks.
The biggest flaw, IMO, is reusing the Death Star.
Member since May 2012
11588 posts
Posted on 4/1/16 at 10:02 pm to
Between episodes 1, 4, 6, and spoiler alert** 7 I hope fully combustible battle stations will not continue to center around the movie's plot points going forward.
Posted by RLDSC FAN
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Member since Nov 2008
51501 posts
Posted on 4/1/16 at 10:03 pm to
That's not saying much, TFA is a mediocre film.
Posted by Feral
Member since Mar 2012
12400 posts
Posted on 4/1/16 at 10:29 pm to
quote:

TFA is a mediocre film.

My opinion of it is getting worse the farther removed I am from seeing it in the theater.

It's propped up by two things -- using the original cast (lending well to nostalgia), and the fact that it looks like Citizen Kane in comparison to the prequels.
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 4/1/16 at 10:40 pm to
Watched force awakens

Much better than Jedi in every respect
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 4/1/16 at 10:44 pm to
My opinion of it grows more with each viewing. It's both old and new and brings back the discovery aspect that the first two films had
Posted by airfernando
Member since Oct 2015
15248 posts
Posted on 4/1/16 at 10:48 pm to
weak april fools day thread
Member since Jul 2009
15825 posts
Posted on 4/1/16 at 10:48 pm to
quote:

What I'm saying is that during the first draft they really didn't have him in, and then realized they couldn't leave that hanging. The momentum of the plot pretty much comes to a halt during that scene, and it shows.

What also shows is how rushed the sister arc was. Originally, episode 7-9 was to be about Luke's search for his sister and him confronting the Emperor after defeating Vader in 6. Instead, Lucas decided to condense the story in Jedi.
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 4/1/16 at 10:49 pm to
quote:

but it's a damn good movie
people like what they like so I can't tell you that your opinion is wrong. For me, I think it's awful. The throne room scenes are the best yet still lacking

This post was edited on 4/1/16 at 10:50 pm
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 4/1/16 at 10:59 pm to
It's not an April fool's day thread. The movie is legitimately terrible from both a fanboy and technical perspective.

It starts out boring and doesn't let up. How about an exciting action sequence with rebels storming jabba's palace? And btw the Janna portion of the film is long, boring and serves no purpose than to reunite the characters. Han didn't do anything so his rescue wasn't really that significant, then they shoehorn yoda in needlessly like OMLandshark mentioned THEN we get to it, and IT is boring, and a rehash of the 3rd act of the last 2 movies

Posted by Biggereztiger
Member since Apr 2012
1019 posts
Posted on 4/1/16 at 10:59 pm to
Spoilers guys!? Come on man
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 4/1/16 at 11:02 pm to
quote:

Still better than TFA
Posted by Scoob
Near Exxon
Member since Jun 2009
20350 posts
Posted on 4/1/16 at 11:17 pm to
For me, it was the end of an epic story, and that made it undeniably awesome. I'd seen all three in the theaters first run, and I absolutely did not want Jedi to end. Because, when it did, then it was OVER.

The prequels were disappointing, but smart for the most part: they cashed in on the lore, and didn't effect the OT much (although they did undercut Vader).

Now we have the sequels, and this could spell trouble for Jedi. Ewoks were acceptable byproducts in a grand finale, but years from now, their annoyance factor might multiply.
Member since Jul 2009
15825 posts
Posted on 4/2/16 at 1:37 am to
I like everything about ROTJ except the Endor parts. It looked too much like Earth and I didn't care for the camo outfits or the Ewoks. The bike battle was fun, however.
first pageprev pagePage 2 of 9Next pagelast page

logoFollow TigerDroppings for LSU Football News
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram to get the latest updates on LSU Football and Recruiting.

FacebookTwitterInstagram