Started By
re: .

Posted on 4/5/16 at 10:24 am to
Posted by OMLandshark
Member since Apr 2009
108098 posts
Posted on 4/5/16 at 10:24 am to
quote:

don't think history will look back on Episode 7 as favorably as they do now -- at least not Star Wars fans. The plot takes far too much from Episode 4 and other films in the original trilogy, the logic is questionable in places (landing on a planet at light speed) and a lot felt cut out or rushed (sneaking through Starkiller base, Captain Pharma's entire role).

All TFA really needed to be was competent and give us good characters. It succeeded everywhere the prequels failed. I'm expecting a bit more from Episode VIII. It needs to step a bit more out of the shadow of its predecessors than TFA did.
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 4/5/16 at 10:34 am to
all that matters is the characters, which were unique and interesting. the plot structure was the same, the zero sum game was the same, but the story was new

it was pretty impressive how they balanced it. The next installment needs to be entirely new and take some risks.

jedi, Jurassic world and others have pulled the same shite with bad results (not box office, i'm talking quality) I can understand people who dislike TFA, but to enjoy jedi and not TFA, I don't understand them. To each their own and people like what they like, but it makes no sense to me
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 4/5/16 at 10:36 am to
quote:

I don't think history will look back on Episode 7 as favorably as they do now
I like it more each time, and I really liked it the first time.

my anxieties were gone from the first sentence of the opening crawl
Posted by Ace Midnight
Between sanity and madness
Member since Dec 2006
89488 posts
Posted on 4/5/16 at 10:46 am to
quote:

All TFA really needed to be was competent and give us good characters.

Way to set the bar low for everyone, George.
Posted by Antonio Moss
Baton Rouge
Member since Mar 2006
48296 posts
Posted on 4/5/16 at 11:59 am to
quote:

I don't think history will look back on Episode 7 as favorably as they do now -- at least not Star Wars fans.

It really depends on the next two films. If they next two films are good because of the set up of TFA, then TFA will cement itself above ROTJ. If the next film is bad, the flaws of TFA will be accentuated.

For my money, TFA was better than ROTJ in every regard with the exception of the final conflict. Luke v. Vadar v. Emperor was vastly superior to Rey v. Kylo. Of course, ROTJ has the benefit of building that climax over three films.

Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 4/5/16 at 12:42 pm to

quote:

It really depends on the next two films. If they next two films are good because of the set up of TFA, then TFA will cement itself above ROTJ. If the next film is bad, the flaws of TFA will be accentuated.
individually TFA will always be better than jedi; however I do agree with the idea that the quality of the next movies will determine how it is remembered.
Posted by OMLandshark
Member since Apr 2009
108098 posts
Posted on 4/5/16 at 1:55 pm to
The Force Awakens Honest Trailer

With Special Cameo at the end.
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 4/5/16 at 3:30 pm to
I kind of like how Rey is so freaking awesome. She's emotionally vulnerable which is enough for the character

Oh god is plinkett going to make fun of this one...noooo
first pageprev pagePage 9 of 9Next pagelast page
refresh

logoFollow TigerDroppings for LSU Football News
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram to get the latest updates on LSU Football and Recruiting.

FacebookTwitterInstagram