re: .

Posted on 4/2/16 at 4:29 pm to
Posted by OMLandshark
Member since Apr 2009
108098 posts
Posted on 4/2/16 at 4:29 pm to
quote:

I always thought that was hilarious

Yeah, I thought that moment was great, how a brutal dungeon torturer could get legitimately torn up over his mindless monster getting killed. I don't think it was out of place in what we knew about Star Wars at the time.

The Ewoks though...
Posted by TN Bhoy
San Antonio, TX
Member since Apr 2010
60589 posts
Posted on 4/2/16 at 4:31 pm to
Another view of the ewoks

And another (from the same group)
This post was edited on 4/2/16 at 4:32 pm
Posted by SoFla Tideroller
South Florida
Member since Apr 2010
30048 posts
Posted on 4/2/16 at 4:33 pm to
This makes no sense. In the era when the only time you could see a hot star in a bikini was US magazine or maybe People, Leia in the slave outfit was gold! Gold I tell you!

Uh, no. By the time RotJ came out; Charlie's Angels, Wonder Woman and even Swamp Thing had come and gone. Not to mention all the jiggle associated with the Roger Moore-era Bond girls. Fisher suffered in a big way in comparison to all the T&A chicks at the time. I just remember being completely unimpressed.

Posted by Breesus
House of the Rising Sun
Member since Jan 2010
66982 posts
Posted on 4/2/16 at 4:35 pm to
quote:

Fisher suffered in a big way in comparison to all the T&A chicks at the time. I just remember being completely unimpressed.

Are you gay?
Posted by 19
Flux Capacitor, Fluxing
Member since Nov 2007
33173 posts
Posted on 4/2/16 at 5:11 pm to
quote:

What I'm saying is that during the first draft they really didn't have him in

And you're right.

The reason they shoehorned the Yoda scene was someone told Lucas that an authority was needed to verify that Vader was Luke's father, otherwise kids (like me, for real) would just think Vader was lying in ESB.
Posted by SoFla Tideroller
South Florida
Member since Apr 2010
30048 posts
Posted on 4/2/16 at 5:14 pm to
Yeah, because I don't think Carrie Fisher is a babe? Or stacks up to the hot actresses around at the time (Farrah, Jaclyn Smith, Jacqueline Bisset, Lynda Carter, the Bond girls, just to name a few)?
Posted by 19
Flux Capacitor, Fluxing
Member since Nov 2007
33173 posts
Posted on 4/2/16 at 5:18 pm to
in 1983 Carrie had to compete with the likes of:

Catherine Bach
Heather Locklear
Heather Thomas
Kelley LeBrock
a really young Diane Lane
a skinny/ coked-up version of Michelle Pfiefer
and

Meredith Baxter-Birney
Posted by prplhze2000
Parts Unknown
Member since Jan 2007
51366 posts
Posted on 4/2/16 at 5:50 pm to
Um there was this woman named Bo.....

Posted by blueboy
Member since Apr 2006
56272 posts
Posted on 4/2/16 at 6:25 pm to
quote:

Meredith Baxter-Birney
before she was a lesbian, too.
Posted by TigerMyth36
River Ridge
Member since Nov 2005
39730 posts
Posted on 4/2/16 at 6:27 pm to
Why is Meredith so low on the list?

How many of those ladies have a song about them?

Tonight Is Right For Love
Posted by Antonio Moss
Baton Rouge
Member since Mar 2006
48296 posts
Posted on 4/2/16 at 7:17 pm to
quote:

but it is definitely not a POS. Attack of the Clones is the only POS.

False.

Attack of the Clones isn't even the worse film in the series as that honor goes to the Phantom Menace.
Posted by Antonio Moss
Baton Rouge
Member since Mar 2006
48296 posts
Posted on 4/2/16 at 7:22 pm to
V

IV
VII

VI

III

II

I
Posted by BookahBear
Member since Jan 2015
756 posts
Posted on 4/2/16 at 9:27 pm to
yoda's death scene is good.

empire is, by far, my favorite
Posted by JabarkusRussell
Member since Jul 2009
15825 posts
Posted on 4/3/16 at 12:37 pm to

Posted by blueboy
Member since Apr 2006
56272 posts
Posted on 4/3/16 at 12:43 pm to
quote:

Attack of the Clones isn't even the worse film in the series
Yes it is. It's one of the worst films ever made.
Posted by SlowFlowPro
Simple Solutions to Complex Probs
Member since Jan 2004
421945 posts
Posted on 4/3/16 at 12:47 pm to
quote:

Posted by TigerMyth36
River Ridge
Member since Nov 2005
39730 posts
Posted on 4/3/16 at 1:00 pm to
I need to rewatch Clones. I never understood the hatred or certainly not the level of hatred. PM deserves full bore hatred of with the heat of 1000 suns.
Posted by SlowFlowPro
Simple Solutions to Complex Probs
Member since Jan 2004
421945 posts
Posted on 4/3/16 at 1:02 pm to
Posted by Antonio Moss
Baton Rouge
Member since Mar 2006
48296 posts
Posted on 4/3/16 at 1:11 pm to
quote:

Your latter point doesn't disprove my initial point. While AOTC is horrible, it actually serves a purpose in the overall Star Wars narrative. TPM literally has no reason to exist. It doesn't really establish anything that isn't obvious in AOTC. It has no protagonist. It has a cardboard, one-sided, undeveloped villain. It's got sub-elementary level humor. What's great about ANH is that it drops you right in the middle of an ongoing story and gives you just enough history to use your imagination. TPM does none of that and doesn't develop any kind of story. It's would be like if Lucas's initial Star Wars film was a two and half hour feature on the two storm troopers that Luke and Han assault when they land on the Death Star.

ATOC gets a ton of hate - justifiably - because it may be the most cringeworthy, poorly developed dialogue in movie history. But at least it has a plot that serves a role in the larger series.

No one will ever convince me that TPM is anything but the absolute bottom of the Star Wars franchise.
Posted by OMLandshark
Member since Apr 2009
108098 posts
Posted on 4/3/16 at 1:24 pm to
quote:

Your latter point doesn't disprove my initial point. While AOTC is horrible, it actually serves a purpose in the overall Star Wars narrative. TPM literally has no reason to exist. It doesn't really establish anything that isn't obvious in AOTC. It has no protagonist. It has a cardboard, one-sided, undeveloped villain. It's got sub-elementary level humor. What's great about ANH is that it drops you right in the middle of an ongoing story and gives you just enough history to use your imagination. TPM does none of that and doesn't develop any kind of story. It's would be like if Lucas's initial Star Wars film was a two and half hour feature on the two storm troopers that Luke and Han assault when they land on the Death Star.

ATOC gets a ton of hate - justifiably - because it may be the most cringeworthy, poorly developed dialogue in movie history. But at least it has a plot that serves a role in the larger series.

I look at the Phantom Menace being totally worthless as being in its favor. I can totally ignore it and really miss nothing as far as the total mythos is concerned. It's really just a space occupier and nothing more.

Attack of the Clones though, I can't look past. All that we were told about Anakin, Obi Wan, the Jedi, and the Clone Wars were absolute lies. It's just a horrible mess and one of the movies ever made. I wish I could ignore it, but it's just that bad.

Here's the best analogy: TPM is just a fart in the wind. When it hits your nostrils, it's horrible, but it goes past you and it should do nothing to dampen your day. AotC on the other hand is dog shite, in that you step on it, and you can smell it and you can't get away from it. That dog shite is there to stay unless you have a hose.
This post was edited on 4/3/16 at 1:30 pm
first pageprev pagePage 4 of 9Next pagelast page

logoFollow TigerDroppings for LSU Football News
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram to get the latest updates on LSU Football and Recruiting.

FacebookTwitterInstagram