Posted on 4/2/16 at 4:55 am to
quote:

Return of the Jedi is such a POS

Posted by Pectus
Internet
Member since Apr 2010
67302 posts
Posted on 4/2/16 at 7:22 am to
Chewy had too many sound effects it was annoying.
Posted by TigersOfGeauxld
Just across the water...
Member since Aug 2009
25057 posts
Posted on 4/2/16 at 2:00 pm to
quote:

...the fact that it looks like Citizen Kane in comparison to the prequels

Truer words were never spoken. If there truly are multiple universes, I hope to god that in one of them, that particular incarnation of Lucas sells the rights to the Star Wars universe to someone who actually knows how to cast, script, and direct a movie worth a damn. Before any of the films are made.

This post was edited on 4/2/16 at 2:04 pm
Posted by Starchild
Member since May 2010
13550 posts
Posted on 4/2/16 at 2:09 pm to
To each their own, but ROTJ is not a bad film. It's not as good as SW or Empire, but those are both great so it's ok to not be that good. The Jabba and throne room scenes are pretty awesome and some of my favorites in the series tbh.

I would rank ROTJ behind TFA though. I like that one more and more
Posted by TJGator1215
FL/TN
Member since Sep 2011
14174 posts
Posted on 4/2/16 at 2:13 pm to
Star wars as a whole is nostalgic trash. All it was was Michael Bays version of Transformers release in the 70-80s. The New one was PC trash.
Posted by northshorebamaman
Cochise County AZ
Member since Jul 2009
35474 posts
Posted on 4/2/16 at 3:15 pm to
quote:

Star wars as a whole is nostalgic trash. All it was was Michael Bays version of Transformers release in the 70-80s. The New one was PC trash.

Posted by blueboy
Member since Apr 2006
56272 posts
Posted on 4/2/16 at 3:22 pm to
still better than Empire
Posted by TigerMyth36
River Ridge
Member since Nov 2005
39730 posts
Posted on 4/2/16 at 3:32 pm to
Fox either hit his head or was dumped by the love of his life because he has transformed from a decent poster to an outright 100% trolling douche nozzle.
Posted by SG_Geaux
Beautiful St George
Member since Aug 2004
77942 posts
Posted on 4/2/16 at 3:34 pm to
quote:

Granted the thing that pisses me off most about the movie (not killing Han)

Is this like the cool thing now?

I never heard anyone say that Han should have died until this message board came along.
Posted by SoFla Tideroller
South Florida
Member since Apr 2010
30048 posts
Posted on 4/2/16 at 3:43 pm to
I know it's heresy to say, but, I never understood the boner hype about Carrie Fisher. Even in the slave girl outfit. I was in junior high and high school when the Star Wars movies were first run and even as a horny teenager I thought she was pretty average by Hollywood standards. Many more 70s eye candy actresses could have played PL (let's not pretend that role required Katherine Hepburn or Meryl Streep).
Posted by TigerMyth36
River Ridge
Member since Nov 2005
39730 posts
Posted on 4/2/16 at 3:46 pm to
quote:

Even in the slave girl outfit. I was in junior high and high school when the Star Wars movies were first run and even as a horny teenager I thought she was pretty average by Hollywood standards.
This makes no sense. In the era when the only time you could see a hot star in a bikini was US magazine or maybe People, Leia in the slave outfit was gold! Gold I tell you!

Yes, she was average but horny teens will hit anything so quit pretending you didn't think she was hot.
Posted by jeff5891
Member since Aug 2011
15761 posts
Posted on 4/2/16 at 3:46 pm to
Breakdown the story and plot for empire.
Posted by navy
Parts Unknown, LA
Member since Sep 2010
29026 posts
Posted on 4/2/16 at 3:50 pm to
quote:

I know it's heresy to say

Then don't say it.

I was almost 8 when ROTJ came out ... and even then, it was easy to notice that she was hot in that little bikini sitting on tubby Jabba and then chokin' him to death.

We didn't know she'd turn into a fat stoner.

I always thought the gal in Raiders of the Lost Ark (and Animal House) [Karen Allen] was hot.
Posted by TigerMyth36
River Ridge
Member since Nov 2005
39730 posts
Posted on 4/2/16 at 3:52 pm to
quote:

Karen Allen
I loved Karen Allen since Animal House. Loved her even more with Until September.
Posted by OMLandshark
Member since Apr 2009
108098 posts
Posted on 4/2/16 at 3:55 pm to
quote:

Is this like the cool thing now?

I never heard anyone say that Han should have died until this message board came along.

The guy who is the most outspoken about not liking Return of the Jedi is Harrison Ford himself. He thinks they should have killed his character off in Jabba's Palace and has been highly vocal about it.

When it was announced Han was coming back, any real fan knew the only reason Harrison Ford would agree to return to his most iconic role is if they were going to kill him. When I saw Harrison being interviewed giddy as shite about the movie (which I've never seen from him before), that was confirmation. As I said though, Han being murdered by his own son to engulf himself in darkness is a much better death than any scenario RotJ could have done, so I forgive this flaw.
This post was edited on 4/2/16 at 4:22 pm
Posted by navy
Parts Unknown, LA
Member since Sep 2010
29026 posts
Posted on 4/2/16 at 4:06 pm to
quote:

I loved Karen Allen since Animal House. Loved her even more with Until September.

OK ... had to google it. Does she get naked in it?
Posted by Breesus
House of the Rising Sun
Member since Jan 2010
66982 posts
Posted on 4/2/16 at 4:22 pm to
quote:

Empire
Is legitimately one of the greatest movies of all time across genres.

Posted by OMLandshark
Member since Apr 2009
108098 posts
Posted on 4/2/16 at 4:25 pm to
quote:

Breakdown the story and plot for empire.

Darth Vader hunts down Luke Skywalker, and goes to drastic means to achieve this, revealing an inevitable destiny between the two characters. That's the plot in one sentence and makes sense.
Posted by The_Joker
Winter Park, Fl
Member since Jan 2013
16316 posts
Posted on 4/2/16 at 4:27 pm to
quote:

The dungeon master crying over his dead pet. :(

I always thought that was hilarious
first pageprev pagePage 3 of 9Next pagelast page

logoFollow TigerDroppings for LSU Football News
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram to get the latest updates on LSU Football and Recruiting.

FacebookTwitterInstagram