re: .

Posted on 4/19/17 at 11:52 am to
Posted by Hawkeye95
Member since Dec 2013
20293 posts
Posted on 4/19/17 at 11:52 am to
quote:

which in 2017 is indistinguishable form cable or network news

this is the real issue if you ask me. I don't watch tv or cable news, but frick when I do I am blown away on how vapid it is. regardless of what network.
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 4/19/17 at 11:54 am to
regardless of what happened i do like that famous people with money are now less inclined to settle bullshite extortion lawsuits because the pubic perception of this has really centered on the fact that he settled

now that settling is an admission of wrongdoing and makes every accusation by the plaintiff the word of god...well, now these people aren't going to settle. people looking for quick pay days are the real loser here.
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 4/19/17 at 11:57 am to
oh please...we all partake in it. right here right now you and i are talking about bill o'reilly scandal which is textbook media deciding what we think is interesting

Posted by Hawkeye95
Member since Dec 2013
20293 posts
Posted on 4/19/17 at 11:57 am to
quote:

now that settling is an admission of wrongdoing

settling a lawsuit always has that stench.

Bill CLinton settled with paula jones, does that mean he isn't guilty? What about michael jackson who settled frequently?

This is why settlements often have gag orders on them.

And I will point out that it appears most of the settlements were outside the courts. So it was basically hush money on his part.

Posted by Hawkeye95
Member since Dec 2013
20293 posts
Posted on 4/19/17 at 11:59 am to
quote:

oh please...we all partake in it. right here right now you and i are talking about bill o'reilly scandal which is textbook media deciding what we think is interesting

eh, a leading anchor getting canned for sexual harrassment is not the media telling me what to think. that shite is news regardless of who reports it.
Posted by FairhopeTider
Fairhope, Alabama
Member since May 2012
20793 posts
Posted on 4/19/17 at 12:00 pm to
There are a lot of hacks on TV and O'Reilly is an a-hole off the air, but in my opinion he was generally pretty fair in his commentary and his Talking Points were usually right on the money. Hate that is gone now.
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 4/19/17 at 12:03 pm to
quote:

settling a lawsuit always has that stench.
it's always been a point of consternation for people who want x or y to be true, but I've always felt it was a push

may have done it, but may have settled it to avoid the hassle, just pay the bill and move on with their life

quote:

outside the courts
irrelevant. that way it doesn't even make its way into the court of public opinion (in theory) doesn't really move the needle for me, but by now anyone who settles i don't feel sorry for them because public perception has changed or at the very least it's something for your critics and competitors to use to smear you...and i think he probably did most of what he is accused of, but that's because of his age and the industry in which he works.
Posted by EKG
Houston, TX
Member since Jun 2010
44041 posts
Posted on 4/19/17 at 12:03 pm to
quote:

O'Reilly made Fox News

No he didn't.
I'm a loyal Fox News watcher who's very pleased by this recent development.
There are many of us.
Posted by HubbaBubba
F_uck Joe Biden, TX
Member since Oct 2010
45840 posts
Posted on 4/19/17 at 12:04 pm to
quote:

You ever call a female subordinates and offer to rub "a falafel" on her box?
You're ex-Navy. You guys will frick anything, do anything, say anything. If anyone here has offered to rub "a falafel" on her box it'd be a Navy man!
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 4/19/17 at 12:08 pm to
quote:

in my opinion he was generally pretty fair in his commentary and his Talking Points were usually right on the money
you know it doesn't even matter really. i don't feel bad for anyone, but o'reilly made Murdoch a shite ton of money, put his news channel on the map, made it the number 1 news channel by a mile. i know there's no loyalty with this kind of shite whether it be talent or brass, but i wish for once one of these networks or huge companies would tell people to eat a dick. not all instances, but this is certainly one and i wish abc would've stuck by bill maher just the same even though i think what he said was stupid and his handling of it was even worse. it's all a bunch of fake outrage.
Posted by Hawkeye95
Member since Dec 2013
20293 posts
Posted on 4/19/17 at 12:10 pm to
quote:

it's always been a point of consternation for people who want x or y to be true, but I've always felt it was a push

may have done it, but may have settled it to avoid the hassle, just pay the bill and move on with their life

Eh, I generally believe a settlement means something is there. Especially multiple settlements. This is the court of public opinion, not the court of law.

I believe that michael jackson molested those children. I believe that bill clinton harassed paula jones. And I believe that oreilly is a sexual harasser.

quote:

irrelevant.

Not its especially relevant. WHen its not disclosed it really reeks of hush money when found out, especially if there are multiple settlements.
quote:

and i think he probably did most of what he is accused of, but that's because of his age and the industry in which he works.

So you support his firing? Cause I generally support people who sexually harass coworkers in getting canned.
Posted by HeyHeyHogsAllTheWay
Member since Feb 2017
12458 posts
Posted on 4/19/17 at 12:11 pm to
quote:

you know it doesn't even matter really. i don't feel bad for anyone, but o'reilly made Murdoch a shite ton of money, put his news channel on the map, made it the number 1 news channel by a mile. i know there's no loyalty with this kind of shite whether it be talent or brass, but i wish for once one of these networks or huge companies would tell people to eat a dick. not all instances, but this is certainly one and i wish abc would've stuck by bill maher just the same even though i think what he said was stupid and his handling of it was even worse. it's all a bunch of fake outrage.

If so many advertisers hadn't pulled out, Fox News would have done exactly that. And certainly anyone who claims that O Reilly didn't have a LOT to do with what Fox News has became is delusional.
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 4/19/17 at 12:11 pm to
quote:

No he didn't
i don't like the guy and you may not like him (i don't) or think he's literally hitler, but give me a fricking break

if he didn't, who did. who brought in viewers? Hannity? Schneider? you don't even know what you're talking about.
Posted by the LSUSaint
Member since Nov 2009
15444 posts
Posted on 4/19/17 at 12:12 pm to
quote:

was under the impression its because a serial sexual harasser is being fired

You mean a normal guy except he is loaded.

There is no harrassment here, just whores after free cash.
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 4/19/17 at 12:14 pm to
quote:

And certainly anyone who claims that O Reilly didn't have a LOT to do with what Fox News has became is delusional.
seriously. ailes gets the credit for putting him on...but he's the guy who brought viewers to the channel. a completely new channel, CNN was a giant too, and now o'reilly's rerun beats their highest rated shows.

larry king was the fricking man and the moment o'reilly went on the air, larry king went from a big fricking deal to a nobody who was eventually replaced by piers fricking morgan
Posted by Tactical1
Denham Springs
Member since May 2010
27104 posts
Posted on 4/19/17 at 12:14 pm to
Expect Tucker Carlson to inherit this spot.

He has a higher ceiling to regain the audience and he's cheaper right now.
Posted by EKG
Houston, TX
Member since Jun 2010
44041 posts
Posted on 4/19/17 at 12:18 pm to
Most of the Fox personalities "win" their time slots, so I'd argue many others are also responsible for contributing to Fox's success.

I'm certainly not implying that O'Reilly didn't/doesn't have a following; but one cranky guy hosting an-hour long show didn't build that network.
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 4/19/17 at 12:18 pm to
quote:

I generally believe a settlement means something is there
well now i do because everyone should know as of now that settling will be used against you as an admission of wrong doing. every allegation is now the word of god.

quote:

This is the court of public opinion, not the court of law.
that's why many people would settle. who cares if they win in court, this shite gets to the press and now you're guilty until proven innocent and even if you beat the suit, the perception lingers

but now the reason for an innocent person to settle is gone. so if someone is extorting you...fight it. if you have something to hide...settle
Posted by montanagator
Member since Jun 2015
16957 posts
Posted on 4/19/17 at 12:20 pm to
quote:

. i know there's no loyalty with this kind of shite whether it be talent or brass, but i wish for once one of these networks or huge companies would tell people to eat a dick.

That he had a job after 5 harassment settlements in the first place shows some pretty deep loyalty on Fox's part.
Posted by KCT
Psalm 23:5
Member since Feb 2010
38911 posts
Posted on 4/19/17 at 12:22 pm to
quote:

It's a victory for them. Their motives couldn't be more superficial and they flexed their media muscle and made it happen even though their motives were so transparent in their insincerity. 

Correct.

The base of the Democrat Party is composed of effeminate SJW males, single women, and perpetually butthurt minorities. They can't win at the ballot box these days, so they will make a big deal out of this.

Meanwhile, if I were FOX I would simply bump both Carlson & Hannity up 1 hour each, and take a shot with a young, conservative piece of eye candy like Tomi Lahren in the 3rd hour.

I don't begrudge left-wing snowflakes for making a big deal out of this. The Obama/Pelosi/Schumer Express to nowhere has been derailed, so faux victories like this one is all they have right now.

PS - I wish I had known that Obama's victory in 2012 was going to be the DEMwit's last one for the next 4.5 years. I wouldn't have been so damn devastated.
Jump to page
Page First 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11
Jump to page
first pageprev pagePage 4 of 11Next pagelast page

logoFollow TigerDroppings for LSU Football News
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram to get the latest updates on LSU Football and Recruiting.

FacebookTwitterInstagram