Started By
re: .

Posted on 10/25/14 at 8:46 am to
Posted by TheRoarRestoredInBR
Member since Dec 2004
30286 posts
Posted on 10/25/14 at 8:46 am to
Dr Russell Blaylock is far from a quack. He like Mercola,etc..are not sheep, they dig further, and don't just buy what's being sold at surface level.

He's anti excitotoxins, MSG, aspartame, Splenda,etc..and oh certain vaccines, some of which have questionable efficacy percentages.

So you had the flu and now get the shot, where as I got the flu only in the two years after getting a shot(early on ..not when it could lower my immune system as to cause catch) over the last twenty years. We agree to disagree.
Posted by Mo Jeaux
Member since Aug 2008
58556 posts
Posted on 10/25/14 at 8:51 am to
quote:

Dr Russell Blaylock is far from a quack.

Here's the skeptic's dictionary write up on the doctor. I'd invite you to dig deeper than what he is selling on the surface level. LINK

quote:

So you had the flu and now get the shot, where as I got the flu only in the two years after getting a shot(early on ..not when it could lower my immune system as to cause catch) over the last twenty years. We agree to disagree.

And yet we know that the vaccine does not cause the flu. Yes, I will disagree with you.
This post was edited on 10/25/14 at 8:52 am
Posted by thetempleowl
dallas, tx
Member since Jul 2008
14813 posts
Posted on 10/25/14 at 8:52 am to
quote:

I have never received the flu shot and I have never had the flu. When I started at Loyola years back they made me get a TB shot before I could start classes. I know I did not get TB but I was the sickest I have ever been after that shot for 2 weeks.

The frank stupidity on this board sometimes is just unreal. That TB shot they gave you was just to make sure you didn't have TB. They don't want you giving TB to other students. It was not a vaccine.

Do you even know what that is? Do you know why that the disease that killed between 300 and 500 million people in the 20th century alone is now no longer a threat?

The above are pictures of smallpox, and yes, it killed between 20 and 60% of the people infected, year after year after year. You think ebola is bad, and it is, it causes no where near the deaths that smallpox did.

Do you fear being paralyzed anymore from an unseen virus? Nope. Because of the polio vaccine.

One of the greatest public health advances was the development of vaccines. Measles, mumps, polio, smallpox, heck even chickenpox all are being handled now with vaccines.

Over the course of your life you will get subjected to millions of antigens. You get exposed to hundreds if not thousands a day. So, how many different antigens are there in all the vaccines that children get? Heck, back in the 1980s they got vaccinated against a lot less things it seemed...

Well, that would be untrue. Back in the 80s, the vaccines were not as good as they are now...

quote:

While children are receiving more immunizations by the age of two, they are actually receiving less antigens, or bits of the vaccine that would challenge the immune system. Overall numbers of antigens have fallen from about 3,041 in 1980 to approximately 153 today.

So, for the idiots who say that vaccines are overloading the immune system, well that is total crap. The total amount of antigens from all the vaccines is but pissing in an ocean of antigens that your body gets exposed to. The number of antigens in the vaccines has gone down.

So please, please, please stop with that stupid sort of thing.

As for the flu vaccine, yes it is effective. Is it totally effective? No. No vaccine is totally effective. Secondly, everybody has different strength immune system. It peaks in young adulthood and goes down from there. So actually the younger people often have the best immune response to vaccines.

Also, as has been said the WHO guesses which of the three strains of the virus are most likely to cause disease the upcoming year and prepares vaccines for those. So, it doesn't protect against all the different kinds, only the three most common types for the year.

Now, suffice it to say this is a flu vaccine. I bet you everyone understands that the flu vaccine does not prevent you from getting herpes or HIV. Well, why then do people get upset when they catch a cold? There are over 100 different viruses that cause the common cold. None of these are covered by the flu vaccine, just as the flu vaccine does not protect you from HPV, HIV, etc. It only protects against the flu.

Well how about the idiots who say they have a healthy immune system and don't want to mess with it. Great, if you have a robust immune system, get the flu virus. You are made to receive vaccines.

Did you realize that the wise man can learn from the mistakes of others? Well that also pertains to vaccines. Why wait to get the virus when you can get the antigens and form a response before getting the virus? It is like learning from others mistakes.

Oh, I know, the virus has formaldehyde in it. That is what they put in dead people and is poison. I don't want that...

Well, you my friend are a moron. That poison you say is a normal product in human metabolism. The amount of formaldehyde in the body is not high. However, concentration of formaldehyde in the body is higher in the human body than in the vaccine. So, there is less formaldehyde per unit volume in the vaccine than in a unit volume of the human. In other words, the concentration of formaldehyde in your body goes down if you get a flu shot.

Many people confuse the flu with a bad cold. But the reality is they are very different. The flu is something that will knock you down hard, not a cold or even a bad cold.

I have read people saying they have never gotten the flu so they don't need to get the flu shot. Well, I have not been in a bad accident, but I still wear a seatbelt. My pants have never fallen down, but I still wear a belt. What kind of stupid statement is that?

And as far as eating well and washing your hands, great. But you can still get the flu. The flu is airborne and therefore washing your hands is of limited help.

And finally, don't be such a freaking dick. If you are young and healthy, there is a good chance you will survive the flu. Does every young healthy person survive? No. But the odds are in your favor. However, one day you will be old as well. And you will want not only yourself but everyone else you know to have the flu shot to decrease the likelihood that you will get it.

So stop being a dick. If you don't do it for yourself, because well you are young, dumb and full of... stupidity, do it for your parents, grandparents, children, etc. You are not only making things easier on yourself and potentially saving your life, but you are also perhaps saving your parents life.

Posted by thetempleowl
dallas, tx
Member since Jul 2008
14813 posts
Posted on 10/25/14 at 9:06 am to
quote:

Dr Russell Blaylock is far from a quack.

Nope. He is a quack. Or an idiot. Or someone who wants to make money off of your stupidity.

quote:

He like Mercola,etc..are not sheep, they dig further, and don't just buy what's being sold at surface level.

Jesus, Mercola is a bigger dumbass. I will agree he digs deeper than you or anyone else thought possible.

You see, he is the village idiot. He dug down and hit rock bottom on the stupid scale. But that didn't stop good ol mercola. He hit rock bottom stupid and kept right on digging.

quote:

excitotoxin

bullshite.

quote:

vaccines, some of which have questionable efficacy percentages.

Vaccines don't have questionable efficacy. They have a known efficacy. They don't work as well in everyone, but they have a known efficacy. Unless you are talking about this years flu vaccine, because that depends on how good the WHO guesses on the major strains of the flu.

quote:

No. You are an idiot. And those who get the flu vaccine are not.

Posted by thetempleowl
dallas, tx
Member since Jul 2008
14813 posts
Posted on 10/25/14 at 9:14 am to
quote:

I've done a lot of research into this and the results are all over the place. CDC like to cherry pick studies for their website. The ironic part is the vaccine appears to be least effective for the people they recommend to get it, the very you and very old. Even the CDC admits this. From what I have read, their is no good reason to get a flu shot as a healthy adult.

I'm so glad you have done lots of research on the matter. I suppose you have held large epidemiological studies and found out the answers. Great for you.

Interesting about your last statement. Young adults tend to have the best immune response from the vaccine. And yes, your immune response drops as you get older.

However, this statement ...

quote:

their is no good reason to get a flu shot as a healthy adult.

Frankly is to stooooopid. Yes, I know it is too stupid, just like I know the difference between there and their.

But aside from the grammer (yes, I know it is grammar) error, there is every reason for a young, super in shape, robust immune system person who will likely survive the flu to get the vaccine.

First of all, young people die from the flu. That means even young, healthy adults can die from the flu. It is not likely, but it is possible.

The second reason, unless you are a total, absolute, dick, you should get a flu shot. Do you love your parents? Your children? Your pregnant wife? How about older friends?

I mean if you are able to get a stronger immune response from this shot, then that is one less dumbass dick that your parents don't need to be concerned about catching the flu from.
Posted by The Boat
Member since Oct 2008
164082 posts
Posted on 10/25/14 at 9:15 am to
There's a ton of good ol Southern knowledge in this thread. Just as I expected.
Posted by Hopeful Doc
Member since Sep 2010
14942 posts
Posted on 10/25/14 at 9:16 am to
quote:

He gets sick the next day every time, twice with getting only the flu shot. Is that a coincidence?

It's not a coincidence. It's expected. He doesn't have the flu. His body is fighting the flu vaccine, which is an already dead virus. Because the body fights it, it learns to defend against the live virus as well in preparation for future defense. This is the principle behind all vaccination. If he feels cruddy for a day or two, he is feeling his body's reaction to the killed virus. If he were to get the virus in the future without having received the vaccine, his reaction would be worse (his body's reaction + the effects of the live virus). It's risk/benefit where benefit > risk if you can afford to have a sore arm or mild cold-like symptoms for a day or two.
Posted by Walt OReilly
Poplarville, MS
Member since Oct 2005
124302 posts
Posted on 10/25/14 at 9:18 am to
I could of gone without seeing that photo
Posted by Hopeful Doc
Member since Sep 2010
14942 posts
Posted on 10/25/14 at 9:20 am to
quote:

They say a mother who vaccinates yearly usually passes along some immunities to her kids.

Who says this? If they're not talking about through breast milk, I don't think I would agree.
Posted by thetempleowl
dallas, tx
Member since Jul 2008
14813 posts
Posted on 10/25/14 at 9:20 am to
quote:

It's not a coincidence. It's expected. He doesn't have the flu. His body is fighting the flu vaccine, which is an already dead virus. Because the body fights it, it learns to defend against the live virus as well in preparation for future defense. This is the principle behind all vaccination. If he feels cruddy for a day or two, he is feeling his body's reaction to the killed virus. If he were to get the virus in the future without having received the vaccine, his reaction would be worse (his body's reaction + the effects of the live virus). It's risk/benefit where benefit > risk if you can afford to have a sore arm or mild cold-like symptoms for a day or two.

Be careful what you say around morons. The body is not fighting the flu vaccine. The body is mobilizing its response to fight a virus that it doesn't have yet so that if it gets exposed, it will recognize it and kill it before it can infect the person.

Posted by thetempleowl
dallas, tx
Member since Jul 2008
14813 posts
Posted on 10/25/14 at 9:24 am to
quote:

I could of gone without seeing that photo

You ought to look it up. Smallpox was a horrible thing.

Thankfully I, nor any doctor practicing have likely seen a case. It was a horrible virus.

And there are many horrible viruses out there. Many of which we have made vaccines to fight against thankfully.

Polio was almost wiped out from the world before some idiots prevent the vaccination of children. Now in some areas it is making a comeback.

I just want people to see what vaccines can prevent and what stupid people are saying is ok. Hell, I'm healthy. I should let my body get smallpox so it can fight it off...

Uhh, no, you are an idiot whether it is smallpox or the flu.
Posted by Champagne
Already Conquered USA.
Member since Oct 2007
48280 posts
Posted on 10/25/14 at 9:35 am to
quote:

Then, in my mid 20s I got the flu. After 6 days of not being Abe to even get off the couch (except to go to the bathroom, and that was an ordeal) I swore I would get the flu shot every year after that.

Based on what I am reading about actually having Influenza, I must conclude that I have never contracted Influenza.

But, I intend to get my annual flu shot and be brave about it . . . and not cry . . . like I did last week.
Posted by Hopeful Doc
Member since Sep 2010
14942 posts
Posted on 10/25/14 at 9:38 am to
quote:

The ironic part is the vaccine appears to be least effective for the people they recommend to get it, the very you and very old. Even the CDC admits this. From what I have read, their is no good reason to get a flu shot as a healthy adult.

You've got it right and wrong. The vaccine is the least effective in the people who need it most (young + old). Further, in the "healthy adult" age range where it is most effective, the virus shows the most mild symptoms. But, the idea behind vaccinating everyone comes from the concept that reducing the amount of time that the virus lives inside those people who only exhibit minor symptoms (who are likely to go on about their day, with a "cold" and spread it to others) for a shorter amount of time, reducing the number of people they come in contact with. The evidence supporting clearance of a virus on naive exposure to re-exposure is pretty solid. It's a very simple, logical way of reducing risk to the people who the vaccine can't help- reducing its prevalence in the community.

Because of this, I respectfully disagree with your opinion, especially as it pertains to anyone who comes in contact with anyone <6 or >65 on anything more than a passing-by basis.
Posted by thetempleowl
dallas, tx
Member since Jul 2008
14813 posts
Posted on 10/25/14 at 9:43 am to
Even passing by you could pass on the flu. It is an airborne virus.
Posted by Sir Drinksalot
Member since Aug 2005
16740 posts
Posted on 10/25/14 at 9:44 am to
Of people that die from the flu, what's the percentage for the ones that got the shot?

Posted by Hopeful Doc
Member since Sep 2010
14942 posts
Posted on 10/25/14 at 9:51 am to
quote:

Based on what I am reading about actually having Influenza, I must conclude that I have never contracted Influenza.

There was a bad local epidemic when I was a freshman in high school. I felt bad one morning, kind of sweaty. My room was in the back of my house that didn't have central air. I had an electric radiator heater and figured I had it set too high. When I stood up, I immediately found myself on my hands and knees from muscle weakness and a little bit of feeling dizzy. I called for my mother when I heard her in the next room. She helped me back to bed. I remained in bed drinking large amounts of water (she told me it would help to break my fever) and listening to one particular cd on repeat for probably 3 or 4 days. I only got up to pee, which didn't happen often. I don't know that I had a bowel movement or ate anything during that time. Mom would come check on me and refill my (very large) water cup every couple of hours.
The following week, there was >100 people absent from school each day (I believe the enrollment was around 600 students), and we essentially did nothing all week because of the number of absences/amount of work that needed to be made up.

Although never tested, I'm putting my nickel down on that being widespread influenza among, at least, 14-18 year olds.
Posted by Hopeful Doc
Member since Sep 2010
14942 posts
Posted on 10/25/14 at 9:54 am to
quote:

Even passing by you could pass on the flu. It is an airborne virus.

I am aware. This is less likely (almost zero) than if you are in close contact with persons for extended periods of time. I literally mean "unless the only time you see young or old people is walking by them on the street." That's about the only group of people that could claim risk > benefit in terms of declining vaccination.
Posted by OleWarSkuleAlum
Huntsville, AL
Member since Dec 2013
10293 posts
Posted on 10/25/14 at 10:08 am to
quote:

thetempleowl

You sho is mad.

In reality doctors secretly hope you don't get vaccinated so they can line their pockets by overprescribing you antibiotics which is a much greater threat to society than any known pathogen like smallpox these days.
Posted by Hopeful Doc
Member since Sep 2010
14942 posts
Posted on 10/25/14 at 10:13 am to
quote:

doctors secretly hope you don't get vaccinated so they can line their pockets by overprescribing you antibiotics

What do you think the kickback on generic antibiotics is?
Posted by Scruffy
Kansas City
Member since Jul 2011
72035 posts
Posted on 10/25/14 at 10:17 am to
quote:

What do you think the kickback on generic antibiotics is?
$5000

per pill
first pageprev pagePage 6 of 8Next pagelast page

logoFollow TigerDroppings for LSU Football News
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram to get the latest updates on LSU Football and Recruiting.

FacebookTwitterInstagram