re: .

Posted on 11/11/15 at 8:35 pm to
Posted by Napoleon
Kenna
Member since Dec 2007
69063 posts
Posted on 11/11/15 at 8:35 pm to
quote:

Definitely would not expect this to come up at all. They quickly realized their mistake with this, right? Don't recall it being mentioned much after the worst of the prequels, "Episode I." (Though, when I think back, I do really enjoy the look of the Naboo starfighter.)

That could have been such a better movie, even with the same story. IF--

- Anakin was a little older.

- If he had a father, and was not born of Force from Siddious.

- If the bad guy were more hashed out than a trade federation. A real outside force would have made a very in interesting plot. No gray area, instead the whole thing was a play by Palpatine. Which was fine, but the droid armies and trade guilds sucked.

-Had the Gungans and the Flying Fly guy not been so corny and only made for cheap laughs from kids. I also really hated the King who would make that noise and spit everywhere.

Then later on the third movie should have been Anakin slowly turning, until forced to fight the Jedi. The way he turned was insanely unbelievable.

The second one should have been the anti-Empire. The whole episode the good guys kick arse, major victory and destruction of the enemy. Then have the Empire turn on the Jedi like in Episode III, I actually liked order 66.

Posted by OMLandshark
Member since Apr 2009
108122 posts
Posted on 11/11/15 at 11:11 pm to
quote:

I'd say much older. Like Obi-Wan's age, or 5 years younger tops.

quote:

- If the bad guy were more hashed out than a trade federation. A real outside force would have made a very in interesting plot. No gray area, instead the whole thing was a play by Palpatine. Which was fine, but the droid armies and trade guilds sucked.

And I don't even know what they were doing there or why they are working for Sidious. What could he have offered them without giving away his identity? I don't think Palpatine would have the funds to exactly bribe an operation of their size. Really start the Clone Wars at Episode I, and make the cloned Uruk Hai that Sidious has created but are led by Darth Maul. That's a much better plot than worthless clones vs mindless droids. No tension or tragedy in those battles whatsoever, and aside from the Jedi, I don't know who was actually affected by the Clone Wars.
Posted by North Texas Tiger
Close to Ft Worth TX
Member since Mar 2004
4797 posts
Posted on 11/12/15 at 2:03 am to
Has the studio released how long the movie will be? I would assume they would have to let theatres know so they know how much time to give between showings.
Posted by Sasquatch Smash
Member since Nov 2007
23993 posts
Posted on 11/12/15 at 9:17 am to
quote:

That could have been such a better movie, even with the same story. IF--

- If he had a father, and was not born of Force from Siddious

Agreed

quote:

If the bad guy were more hashed out than a trade federation. A real outside force would have made a very in interesting plot

The it wouldn't exactly have been "The Phantom Menace." Haha.

quote:

Then later on the third movie should have been Anakin slowly turning, until forced to fight the Jedi. The way he turned was insanely unbelievable.

Clearly you underestimate the power of the dark side! But I'm with you there. "Oh, yeah, I know I just now promised to serve you, but you want me to go slaughter kids? Hell yes, sign me up!" Also, I think the transition was hindered by Christensen's acting...that damned whiny voice.

I think something really hilarious about the prequels is the whole "queen of Naboo" being an elected position not a hereditary title. What the frick kind of society is going to ELECT a 14 year old girl to be their world leader where she pretends to be a handmaiden most of the time anyway? And then, therefore, why is Leia a princess? Maybe I missed that somewhere about Jimmy Smits' character being a king.

Biggest issue with all of the prequels is just the lack of feeling in them. Too clean and sterile looking with all the CGI. Glad they built stuff for this one. Also, you kind of "knew" what was going to happen to the main/important characters because of the originals (i.e. Anakin becomes Vader, Kenobi and Yoda survive). So, no real mystery or "will they die?" moments.
This post was edited on 11/12/15 at 9:58 am
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 11/12/15 at 11:34 am to
OMl, did you notice the jacket being worn without the arm through the sleeves?

Same as the nazi from raiders of the lost ark
Posted by RLDSC FAN
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Member since Nov 2008
51535 posts
Posted on 11/12/15 at 1:29 pm to
quote:

With still a month to go until the release of Star Wars: The Force Awakens, it may seem to early for tracking data, but the always reliable Collider has a report up with some very interesting figures. After record ticket sales last month, it should come as no surprise to learn that the highly anticipated J.J. Abrams helmed release looks set to open with $225 million, a figure which puts it miles ahead of both Jurassic World ($208 million) and The Avengers ($207 million). As the site points out, this is a very modest prediction, but with zero competition on IMAX screens and screenings night and day, the Force is clearly strong with this one...stay tuned to CBM for updates!

LINK
Posted by swagsurfin7
Founder of the Alex Morgan Fan Club
Member since Dec 2009
6992 posts
Posted on 11/12/15 at 1:57 pm to
Anyone thinking they start the movie with a flashback? Like of the Battle of Jakku? That would be pretty cool showing how all the wreckage and stuff got there. Then lead in to Rey.
Posted by TheIrishFro
Member since Aug 2010
4709 posts
Posted on 11/12/15 at 4:44 pm to
(no message)
This post was edited on 5/4/23 at 9:10 am
Posted by Civildawg
Member since May 2012
8558 posts
Posted on 11/12/15 at 6:31 pm to
Got a quick question and didn't want to start a new thread. I just realized the jj Abrams wasn't directing the rest of the Star Wars movies. Does anyone know why? Seems weird to not direct the other two
Posted by swagsurfin7
Member since Dec 2009
6992 posts
Posted on 11/12/15 at 6:42 pm to
I think he's executive producer though on the next one.
Posted by JabarkusRussell
Member since Jul 2009
15825 posts
Posted on 11/12/15 at 11:31 pm to
I don't understand why Disney was so secretive with clips only to have all of this new footage the last few months. JJ even stated he wanted the full trailer to come out a year ago but Disney said no.
Posted by swagsurfin7
Member since Dec 2009
6992 posts
Posted on 11/12/15 at 11:56 pm to
Hell they released another TV spot today!
Posted by cssamerican
Member since Mar 2011
7113 posts
Posted on 11/13/15 at 6:52 am to
You might need this:
Second TV spot.
This post was edited on 11/13/15 at 6:54 am
Posted by hg
Member since Jun 2009
123608 posts
Posted on 11/15/15 at 2:39 am to
quote:

Got a quick question and didn't want to start a new thread. I just realized the jj Abrams wasn't directing the rest of the Star Wars movies. Does anyone know why? Seems

So each movie will have a different style/look to it?
Posted by RLDSC FAN
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Member since Nov 2008
51535 posts
Posted on 11/15/15 at 9:17 am to
Posted by OMLandshark
Member since Apr 2009
108122 posts
Posted on 11/15/15 at 10:00 am to
quote:

Luke was Ren's master. Luke told Ren some of the Vader story but as its very personal and troubling he didn't say much. Ren becomes obsessed in the story and discovers the darkside and rejects Luke as a master to pursue the darkside as he thinks its more powerful. Luke and Ren had a huge falling out and possibly a fight because of that.

I think there is some connection between Ren and Luke, but I don't think he's his master. Ren's style is far too reckless to have been properly trained. If Luke had properly taught him how to build a lightsaber, then he wouldn't have that type of blade.
Posted by TheIrishFro
Member since Aug 2010
4709 posts
Posted on 11/15/15 at 6:03 pm to
(no message)
This post was edited on 5/4/23 at 9:09 am
Posted by BulldogXero
Member since Oct 2011
9763 posts
Posted on 11/16/15 at 12:05 am to
I would not be surprised if Kylo/Rey were brother and sister. I see it as something that was inspired by the Jacen/Jaina solo storyline from the original EU.
Posted by NWHoustonTiger
Cypress, TX
Member since Sep 2010
655 posts
Posted on 11/16/15 at 3:54 pm to
Most-interesting thing in that spot for me - it appears that Rey is firing a blaster at Kylo, and Kylo is able to deflect the shots with his lightsaber. That shows he is pretty-skilled in the force.
Posted by Bmath
LA
Member since Aug 2010
18664 posts
Posted on 11/16/15 at 11:39 pm to
quote:

Has the studio released how long the movie will be? I would assume they would have to let theatres know so they know how much time to give between showings.

2 hrs 15 min
Jump to page
Page First 3 4 5 6 7 ... 21
Jump to page
first pageprev pagePage 5 of 21Next pagelast page

logoFollow TigerDroppings for LSU Football News
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram to get the latest updates on LSU Football and Recruiting.

FacebookTwitterInstagram