Posted on 11/10/15 at 1:39 pm to
Posted by RLDSC FAN
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Member since Nov 2008
51541 posts
Posted on 11/10/15 at 1:39 pm to
New footage arriving thursday...

quote:

Get ready for even more new Star Wars footage as ABC plans a Force Awakens first look this Thursday We’re got just over a month to go before the theatrical release of J.J. Abrams’ highly anticipated Star Wars: The Force Awakens. Although Abrams has confirmed that we won’t be seeing any more trailers, it looks like television is going to be the real source for new Star Wars footage in the weeks to come. Following the first Force Awakens TV spot earlier this week, ABC has today announced that it will air a new “special look” at The Force Awakens this Thursday night. The new Star Wars footage will be hosted by the casts of the network’s “Scandal,” “Grey’s Anatomy” and “How to Get Away with Murder”. You can check out a brief tease for the event in the player below!

LINK
Posted by BulldogXero
Member since Oct 2011
9763 posts
Posted on 11/10/15 at 2:21 pm to
quote:

Cool. I didn't know that nor does your general movie goer so thats irrelevant. George is the one that made it a ridiculous CGI mess.

People who have a blind hatred for everything involving the prequels to the point of where they hate content that wasn't even established in the prequels us exactly the point.

What on earth would be wrong with having a Gungan walk across the background of a set or for any of the 3 new movies to have footage on Coruscant -- the center of the entire Star Wars Galaxy?

Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 11/10/15 at 2:30 pm to
quote:

What on earth would be wrong with having a Gungan walk across the background of a set or for any of the 3 new movies to have footage on Coruscant -- the center of the entire Star Wars Galaxy?

if i'm just going off the original movies without the special edition shite, (which I am, which is the point)

1. what the frick is coruscant?
2. what the frick is a gungan?

the images alone are so directly associated with the prequels...we're all trying to forget about them, this movie is our relief...so some people have a problem with it...

I also don't want to hear the word "sith" (it can be excused maybe once), midichlorians, padme. There are some I won't mind...like "naboo"

personally, I have no qualms. everything about this movie including the title is kind of a big middle finger to those movies as much as they are inspired by the originals, so take your pick.

Disney paid 4 billion, the toys will sell themselves, so which set of 3 do you think they want to emulate?

probably the good one.
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 11/10/15 at 2:31 pm to
Disney is doing some outstanding cross promotions

first espn Monday night football, and now ABC.
Posted by Nodust
Member since Aug 2010
22631 posts
Posted on 11/10/15 at 2:45 pm to
I wouldn't mind seeing a hammerhead from New Hope. I had that toy figure and always thought it was cool looking.
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 11/10/15 at 2:49 pm to
quote:

I wouldn't mind seeing a hammerhead from New Hope. I had that toy figure and always thought it was cool looking.
take some time and think about what you did that was wrong
Posted by Nodust
Member since Aug 2010
22631 posts
Posted on 11/10/15 at 2:56 pm to
quote:

take some time and think about what you did that was wrong

There will be many creatures as extras in scenes. Would you rather they just make new ones up or use old familiar ones.

To a 5 year old hammerhead was a cool dude
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 11/10/15 at 2:58 pm to
It's called Star Wars
Posted by Nodust
Member since Aug 2010
22631 posts
Posted on 11/10/15 at 3:00 pm to
Ok. I guess I'm too old to get it.
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 11/10/15 at 3:01 pm to
Star Wars not a new hope ironically you're old enough to get it. You had one of the original toys
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 11/10/15 at 3:05 pm to
And I can recall who hammerhead is too even though I've never heard the name and he's in the movie for one second

<~~~ la hu sa her
This post was edited on 11/10/15 at 3:06 pm
Posted by Nodust
Member since Aug 2010
22631 posts
Posted on 11/10/15 at 3:05 pm to
Oh.

well this has been a boring conversation anyway
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 11/10/15 at 3:06 pm to

There's a shot in vanity fair that screams cantina scene
This post was edited on 11/10/15 at 3:06 pm
Posted by musick
the internet
Member since Dec 2008
26125 posts
Posted on 11/10/15 at 3:39 pm to
You got the sticky

Posted by Sasquatch Smash
Member since Nov 2007
23993 posts
Posted on 11/10/15 at 3:40 pm to
quote:

if i'm just going off the original movies without the special edition shite, (which I am, which is the point)

1. what the frick is coruscant?
2. what the frick is a gungan?

Well...considering all that stuff is official canon of the Star Wars universe, you're going to be shite out of luck, me thinks. And the "Star Wars: Clone Wars" cartoon is also canon where you see a lot more of Coruscant and Gungans. Lots of material out there for those places now.

The prequels get a lot of flak, which they deserve, but they did happen. I also hate much of the crap added in the Special Editions, especially Hayden fricking Christensen at the end of "Jedi," but I believe Coruscant was shown way back in 1997 in those. That's a large portion of the target audience having seen/known about these things to just exclude them because the aging fanboys (30+ years old) don't like them.

quote:

midichlorians

Definitely would not expect this to come up at all. They quickly realized their mistake with this, right? Don't recall it being mentioned much after the worst of the prequels, "Episode I." (Though, when I think back, I do really enjoy the look of the Naboo starfighter.)
Posted by BulldogXero
Member since Oct 2011
9763 posts
Posted on 11/10/15 at 3:58 pm to
quote:

if i'm just going off the original movies without the special edition shite, (which I am, which is the point) 1. what the frick is coruscant? 2. what the frick is a gungan? the images alone are so directly associated with the prequels...we're all trying to forget about them, this movie is our relief...so some people have a problem with it...

I get it. You have a romanticized version of what you think Star Wars should be but you hate what it actually is. You thought the original trilogy were great films, but you don't like the Star Wars universe itself. I'm sorry you hate Star Wars.
Posted by Nodust
Member since Aug 2010
22631 posts
Posted on 11/10/15 at 4:03 pm to
I want to see Han as a shoot first ask questions later guy again. He was my favorite character and I always though he was like a cowboy in an old western.

Kylo force choking a few insubordinates would be cool. I know that was a Vader thing but what an intimidating skill to have.
Posted by NWHoustonTiger
Cypress, TX
Member since Sep 2010
655 posts
Posted on 11/10/15 at 4:09 pm to
I'm curious as to Maz Kanata, Lupita Nyong'o's character (she's the narrator in the last trailer). She is described as a pirate, but we haven't seen an image of her yet (the character is supposed to be CGI with Lupita providing the voice and motion-capture). Based upon her dialouge, she is clearly force-sensitive in some regard. Could she be a Jedi who survived Order 66 and assumed a new identity as a pirate in some far-off corner of the galaxy? Maybe a character similar to Ahsoka Tano (we know she survived Order 66)?
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 11/10/15 at 4:11 pm to
I think I'd fall over from laughter if Han explicitly states that he shot greedo first
Posted by Nodust
Member since Aug 2010
22631 posts
Posted on 11/10/15 at 4:16 pm to
That would be funny.

A few nods to the originals would be cool. Just don't over do it.
Jump to page
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 21
Jump to page
first pageprev pagePage 3 of 21Next pagelast page

logoFollow TigerDroppings for LSU Football News
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram to get the latest updates on LSU Football and Recruiting.

FacebookTwitterInstagram