re: .

Posted on 4/10/13 at 9:17 am to
Posted by bayou2003
Mah-zur-ree (417)
Member since Oct 2003
17646 posts
Posted on 4/10/13 at 9:17 am to
quote:

What really bothers me is when 'fans' donate to athletic foundations but don't give back to the University (donations, volunteering). I realize some may justify this by saying better athletics means more support for academics, but it all boils down to prioritization and what college athletics is all about.

Good point...What's funny about that is that LSU athletics actually give money back to the University. One of the few Athletic Dept that does that. And I believe they don't get any money from the state. So "fans" are a big part of LSU athletics when you add in donations to the athletic dept for all the new projects going on.
This post was edited on 4/10/13 at 9:19 am
Posted by oak71
Mesa, AZ
Member since Jun 2008
2580 posts
Posted on 4/10/13 at 10:02 pm to
quote:

Good point...What's funny about that is that LSU athletics actually give money back to the University. One of the few Athletic Dept that does that. And I believe they don't get any money from the state. So "fans" are a big part of LSU athletics when you add in donations to the athletic dept for all the new projects going on.

That's cool. I think it's funny that a former boss I had donated $25,000 to TAF, yet sent his kids to Southeastern. WTF?!!!
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Jump to page
first pageprev pagePage 8 of 8Next pagelast page
refresh

logoFollow TigerDroppings for LSU Football News
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram to get the latest updates on LSU Football and Recruiting.

FacebookTwitterInstagram