re: .

Posted on 6/4/16 at 4:41 pm to
Posted by LSUZombie
A Cemetery Near You
Member since Apr 2008
28917 posts
Posted on 6/4/16 at 4:41 pm to
quote:

load up on free bread and crackers and work your waiter to death refilling your sweet tea. Probably complain about the portions as well.

When the OT infiltrates the Food and Drink Board
Posted by Salmon
On the trails
Member since Feb 2008
83630 posts
Posted on 6/4/16 at 4:47 pm to
I guess I'll just never understand an adult being bothered so much by wearing a coat.

I grew up rural so I know a lot of people like the OP. I just don't get it.

Posted by Martini
Near Athens
Member since Mar 2005
48861 posts
Posted on 6/4/16 at 4:56 pm to
quote:

I guess I'll just never understand an adult being bothered so much by wearing a coat.

I grew up rural so I know a lot of people like the OP. I just don't get it.

I don't either.

Perhaps he doesn't wear a coat in the winter?

I'm all for new cuisine reaching the masses. But I also know how to dress appropriately. If he wants to watch tv and not wear a coat one less person I have to worry about fighting for a table over.
Posted by reb13
Member since May 2010
10905 posts
Posted on 6/4/16 at 5:03 pm to
I agree, fancy restaurants that provide food you can get many other places don't intrigue me. Like steakhouses bore the shite out of me. But restaurants that are on the cutting edge are really amazing and they just so happen to have amazing service usually. But while you may see it as being treated as royalty I see it as transacting with the premier professionals in the industry. As far as the coat thing, heaven forbid you look decent in public. Additionally I don't think I have been to a restaurant that doesn't have a Michelin star that requires a jacket.
This post was edited on 6/4/16 at 5:05 pm
Posted by dsides
Member since Jan 2013
5405 posts
Posted on 6/4/16 at 6:49 pm to
Just go where you and your group want to go. Plenty of options. It's personal preference. I enjoy the experience of fine dining but get that it's not for everyone. Don't see it as a right or wrong thing.
Posted by hungryone
river parishes
Member since Sep 2010
11987 posts
Posted on 6/4/16 at 7:46 pm to
Re: napkin folding, if you had folded your napkin and set it on the seat of your chair when you left the table, the waiter wouldn't have needed to pick it up from wherever you left it and fold/put it on your chair. It is impolite to return a used napkin to the tabletop unless you're leaving the table at the end of the meal. You don't want to subject others who are still dining to the sight of your soiled napkin.
Posted by tigerfoot
Alexandria
Member since Sep 2006
56504 posts
Posted on 6/4/16 at 8:14 pm to
quote:

You don't want to subject others who are still dining to the sight of your soiled napkin.
i kinda like dressing up and going to eat. I like fine dining. But statements like this make me laugh, seriously, power through the spittle napkin.
Posted by BooDreaux
Orlandeaux
Member since Sep 2011
3300 posts
Posted on 6/4/16 at 9:29 pm to
quote:

I've went to Galletoires before

Can you give me directions please?
Posted by Ed Osteen
Member since Oct 2007
57528 posts
Posted on 6/4/16 at 9:47 pm to
did you just learn how to use the word "aloof?"
Posted by Ed Osteen
Member since Oct 2007
57528 posts
Posted on 6/4/16 at 9:47 pm to
did you just learn how to use the word "aloof?"
Posted by pelicansfan123
Member since Jan 2015
2011 posts
Posted on 6/4/16 at 10:37 pm to
(no message)
This post was edited on 5/9/20 at 5:54 pm
Posted by LSU fan 246
Member since Oct 2005
90567 posts
Posted on 6/4/16 at 10:49 pm to
it was a valid question. you used the word about 10 times.

is wearing a coat really that uncomfortable?

imo, my coats and suits are some of the most comfortable clothes i have
Posted by dallastiger55
Jennings, LA
Member since Jan 2010
27819 posts
Posted on 6/4/16 at 10:54 pm to
I'm the same way. I love food but I just can't stomach paying $30 for shrimp and grits and get a spoonful of grits and 3 shrimp. Sorry that doesn't fill me up

Posted by Matisyeezy
End of the bar, Drunk
Member since Feb 2012
16624 posts
Posted on 6/4/16 at 11:18 pm to
quote:

There's no reason, in my opinion, you should be forced to put on a sport coat to eat food, which is inherently a primeval, physiological activity.

Agreed. That's why I only go to restaurants that allow me to wear my Flintstones-style loincloth. Yabba dabba fricking doo.
Posted by pelicansfan123
Member since Jan 2015
2011 posts
Posted on 6/5/16 at 9:29 am to
(no message)
This post was edited on 5/9/20 at 5:54 pm
Posted by Salmon
On the trails
Member since Feb 2008
83630 posts
Posted on 6/5/16 at 9:31 am to
You don't have an argument. You have an opinion.
Posted by VOR
Member since Apr 2009
63658 posts
Posted on 6/5/16 at 9:40 am to
quote:

For me, when I've went to Galletoires before, while the food has been very good, the atmosphere is very aloof, to me, and makes me uncomfortable. It, again, to me, seems like too much of a stuffy institution for my taste.

Hmmmm, Galatoire's seems to me anything but a "stuffy" restaurant, especially on a Friday afternoon. Loud and boisterous maybe, but not stuffy.
Posted by LSU fan 246
Member since Oct 2005
90567 posts
Posted on 6/5/16 at 9:45 am to
There is no argument here. Like Salmon said, just opinions. We just happen to thinks yours is pretty weak.

You don't like wearing uncomfortable clothes and having your napkin folded. You've stated these two things multiple times.

Tbh, you sound pretty childish. I remember when I was 12 and hated putting on those 'uncomfortable' clothes too.
This post was edited on 6/5/16 at 10:17 am
Posted by bdevill
Baton Rouge, LA
Member since Mar 2008
11809 posts
Posted on 6/5/16 at 10:03 am to
quote:

Just go where you and your group want to go. Plenty of options. It's personal preference. I enjoy the experience of fine dining but get that it's not for everyone. Don't see it as a right or wrong thing.

Absolutely.. Lots of people don't like dressing up and spending a lot of money on dining out. This is a Food Board, so most of the people that post here, enjoy dining out at high end places as well as everyday "diners and drives".. To each his own.
Posted by dallastiger55
Jennings, LA
Member since Jan 2010
27819 posts
Posted on 6/5/16 at 10:45 am to
Yeah I know some food snobs and they enjoy going out weekly to high end places. It's a social thing but they also spend $300-400 a week on dining out

Don't get me wrong I don't mind nice places, especially when work is paying I get to order more entrees and apps to fill up on. Just saying when it's me and the Mrs or some friends we like some good ole local spots to kick back a few and enjoy some authentic food.
first pageprev pagePage 4 of 6Next pagelast page

logoFollow TigerDroppings for LSU Football News
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram to get the latest updates on LSU Football and Recruiting.

FacebookTwitterInstagram