re: .

Posted on 11/11/15 at 1:03 pm to
Posted by Lsupimp
Ersatz Amerika-97.6% phony & fake
Member since Nov 2003
78964 posts
Posted on 11/11/15 at 1:03 pm to
quote:

"There are currently 13 known made members and 34 known associates in the New Orleans La Cosa Nostra. Michael Tufaro holds regular meetings with all known membership and is belived to be involved in extortion, loansharking, prostitution, drugs and illegal gambling."

"Mr.Tufaro has had meetings with several high ranking members of the New York Colombo Crime Family as early as September 2005 and as recently as September 2009. These Meetings where held in New York, Florida, and New Orleans. It is believed that Mr. Tufaro is attempting to rebuild and restore the New Orleans La Cosa Nostra with the help of several high ranking members of the
New York Colombo Crime Family."

Street Boss
Michael Tufaro
Grandson Of Former Family Soldier
Has Strong Ties To The Colombo
Crime Family In New York And Florida
Mr. Tufaro Has A Reputation For Violence
And Is Feared As Well As Respected
By The Rank And File Membership
Mr. Tufaro Appears To Control All Street
Level Membership Activity And Holds
Weekly Meetings With Ranking Membership

Known Made Members
Charles Farese III
Frank Gagliano Jr.
Anthony Di Piazza
Nofio Pecora Jr.
Felix Riggio
Joseph Tufaro
Victor Tusa
Anthony Tusa
Barry La Bruzzo
Herbert Barcotto
Gregory Lola

Posted by VetteGuy
Member since Feb 2008
28313 posts
Posted on 11/11/15 at 1:06 pm to
quote:

he'd been watching too much tv.

Omertà.
Posted by Quatre Pot
Member since Jan 2015
1550 posts
Posted on 11/11/15 at 1:16 pm to
Was in a bar called the copper monkey when these three huge guys in dark suits walked in at 4am wearing sunglasses. They called the girl I was with over and said all drinks were on their boss tonight as long as no one bothered him while he played video poker and didn't stare at him when he walked in.
She said he was a known local Nadia member
Posted by Hangover Haven
Metry
Member since Oct 2013
26697 posts
Posted on 11/11/15 at 1:17 pm to
quote:

Yes.

No questions please....
Posted by LSUShock
Kansas
Member since Jun 2014
4919 posts
Posted on 11/11/15 at 1:24 pm to
Spent a lot of time at Sig and the surrounding areas growing up. My family is from a small mountain town straight south of Catania. I've never seen it down there, but it's definitely still around. I think it's much more prominent in Palermo than anywhere in the southern portion of the country.

Marina Di Ragusa FTW
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 11/11/15 at 1:29 pm to
palmero is the capital, but the entire island is run by the mafia. all of it. every little town, village, city, everything

every bar, nightclub, café, bodega, grocery, beach property, you name it, they have a hand in it.

you frick around and make trouble for a business under their protection, they'll kick the shite out of you before you have the chance to get arrested.

Posted by G Vice
Lafayette, LA
Member since Dec 2006
12923 posts
Posted on 11/11/15 at 1:30 pm to
Pimp, do any names on that "made" list look familiar to you? As in, a skinny guy who drove a BMW in 1987, and was a good basketball player?...... nicknamed The Metairie Mirage?
Posted by Lsupimp
Member since Nov 2003
78964 posts
Posted on 11/11/15 at 1:36 pm to
Yep. "______ T". Good guy, imho. Remember how we used to joke that he was a "goodfella". He always had smoking hot girlfriends. I always really liked him. I heard he's producing movies. I hear things about him now and them. Including the stuff on this thread.
Posted by BrotherEsau
Member since Aug 2011
3504 posts
Posted on 11/11/15 at 1:43 pm to
quote:

Matranga

oh no you di int
Posted by G Vice
Lafayette, LA
Member since Dec 2006
12923 posts
Posted on 11/11/15 at 1:44 pm to
Can't say that I knew him well, as he is about 3 yrs older than me, but seemed like a good guy at the time who cared about contributing to the betterment of our group.

It also crossed my mind that you might be him
Posted by MSTiger33
Member since Oct 2007
20401 posts
Posted on 11/11/15 at 1:45 pm to
Yes
Posted by Napoleon
Kenna
Member since Dec 2007
69189 posts
Posted on 11/11/15 at 1:45 pm to
quote:

The ruskies are big at the port, the Italians may be around in some fashion but nothing big.

The Russians have been buying up a lot of properties lately. Mostly mult-unit apartments. I got in good with one, and now I have a ton of Russian customers. Nice guys, but all of them look like they have been through hell. One has a glass eye and is like 35. Thick thick accents. Some pay only in cash and don't want receipts or change the address on the receipt.

The Italians never went away. There are still wise guys. I went to LSU with a couple of guys whose parents owned Italian restaurants and they told a lot of stories. Mostly protection and racketeering. The Chinese though, they have the best most legit scam.

All people from China are basically assigned where to live by a "Benevolent association" these people make money on the placements, all kinds of shady shite and they are in EVERY city that has a Chinese restaurant.
Posted by Lsupimp
Member since Nov 2003
78964 posts
Posted on 11/11/15 at 1:51 pm to
Nope not me. I was a year older than him. I was pretty active though when you were probably a freshman. I stayed a year longer than I should have.If I had gotten out a bit earlier I'd have fonder memories. All that controversy happened in the chapter. I'd never had an enemy in my life before or since, and suddenly I had 20 dedicated to fricking with me. What a shite storm.
Posted by Napoleon
Kenna
Member since Dec 2007
69189 posts
Posted on 11/11/15 at 1:51 pm to
quote:

every bar, nightclub, café, bodega, grocery, beach property, you name it, they have a hand in it.

you frick around and make trouble for a business under their protection, they'll kick the shite out of you before you have the chance to get arrested.

A LOT of old timers say it was better back then too. Imagine if a restaurant under mob protection was robbed, the robbers would be floating in the lake withing a week.

Posted by chillygentilly
Member since Aug 2012
2570 posts
Posted on 11/11/15 at 1:53 pm to
Didn't they find a "hit van" with a sniper rifle and stolen plates in Old Metairie not too long ago?
Posted by Lsupimp
Member since Nov 2003
78964 posts
Posted on 11/11/15 at 1:54 pm to
More like a torture van . That's where the persuasion occurred apparently.
Posted by H.M. Murdock
B.A.'s Van
Member since Feb 2013
2113 posts
Posted on 11/11/15 at 1:55 pm to
A friend of ours would like you folks to stop talking about all this.
Posted by Asgard Device
The Daedalus
Member since Apr 2011
11562 posts
Posted on 11/11/15 at 1:56 pm to
No.

They're good old boy political alliances now. The FBI doesn't frick around these days. If they start resorting to physical violence again then the hammer of justice gets dropped. Aside from some of the biker clubs, the mafia elements in the US are amongst more recent immigrants like Eastern Europeans, Latinos, and Asians.

Toronto has more true mafia elements then NYC and NOLA combined.

This post was edited on 11/11/15 at 1:59 pm
Posted by GreatLakesTiger24
One State Solution
Member since May 2012
55840 posts
Posted on 11/11/15 at 2:03 pm to
Do you happen to have a link for that?
Posted by Lsupimp
Member since Nov 2003
78964 posts
Posted on 11/11/15 at 2:16 pm to
LINK

quote:

That meeting was the beginning of a rift in New Orleans that split organized crime in the Crescent City into two factions and has effected it to this very day. As many already know Carlos Marcello's control was challenged by Anthony Carolla the son of Sylvestro "Sliver Dollar Sam" Carolla the former boss. Sylvestro Carolla was deported in 1947 and appointed Carlos Marcello as "acting boss" until his return which lasted only one year 1949 to 1950. In 1952 Sylvestro Carolla was arrested in Italy for narcotics trafficking and would not return to the U.S. until 1970 for medical treatment, he died in 1972. By the time of the La Stella's meeting in 1966 the Carolla faction of the New Orleans crime family were feeling very diminished due to Marcello's refusal to allow new membership. Marcello's refusal to allow new membership was a move to consolidate his power. What is not so well known is that Joseph Colombo set up the La Stella's meeting and sided with Anthony Carolla but was out voted. Colombo managed to gain one concession for Anthony Carolla, new membership would be allowed but limited. That limited new membership included Joseph "Joe The Nose" Tufaro a close friend of Anthony Carolla and former driver of Sylvestro Carolla. Joseph Tufaro's grandson Michael Tufaro is thought to be the guy calling the shots in New Orleans today. This LCN family is very very different than the families of the northeast. These guy's don't just operate in the shadows they are in the shadows of the room that's under the basement. Information on these wiseguys is hard to come by unless your really looking, but it is out there.

LINK
first pageprev pagePage 3 of 6Next pagelast page

logoFollow TigerDroppings for LSU Football News
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram to get the latest updates on LSU Football and Recruiting.

FacebookTwitterInstagram