I've had this crust on the inside of one nostril for like two months. It's like the size of a piece of rice. It never goes away. It feels like something I could just scrape off but I can't. What should I do.
Treatment for me and MOST others, according to my doctor, are to keep from picking the nose (use a Q Tip CAREFULLY or blow it, or do anything else but insert what is always a finger with MANY thousands of microscopic bacteria on or under the nail where you cannot get them clean) because you will often solve a temporary problem and cause a more painful one. Flush the inside of the nose out with saline spray or put peroxide diluted or not on a Q Tip, and clean the inside part of the nostril inside well, but gently. Then apply a small amount of Neosporin or other topical antibiotic "over the counter" cream or ointment to the affected areas. Ask your doctor on this if you feel the need, and also be SURE you are not allergic to the antibiotic you are putting on the sore areas. If you are allergic to the "sporin" family in pill form, you will surely be allergic to the topical form as well.