re: .

Posted on 11/9/15 at 11:07 pm to
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 11/9/15 at 11:07 pm to
I see Han as a old Wyatt Earp.

Leia playing a role similar to the guy briefing everyone on the Death Star run in Star Wars

Luke as an obi wan type but with a dash of yoda

Daisy Ridley as a Luke type

Boyega and Isaac both as amalgamations of Luke and Han

All of course with their own unique character traits and everything. I'm not saying I expect them to be unoriginal
Posted by Mystery
Member since Jan 2009
9003 posts
Posted on 11/9/15 at 11:37 pm to
I will say this, somebody here has read the leaked screenplay
Posted by JuiceTerry
Roond the Scheme
Member since Apr 2013
40868 posts
Posted on 11/9/15 at 11:51 pm to
quote:

I will say this, somebody here has read the leaked screenplay

Posted by TimmyTigah
f where u from
Member since Sep 2015
542 posts
Posted on 11/10/15 at 12:47 am to
Think about how powerful a child with Solo/Skywalker blood would be. Gotta be one of the characters. Kylo Ren & Rey as twins? Twins already run in the blood line.
Posted by cssamerican
Member since Mar 2011
7113 posts
Posted on 11/10/15 at 6:44 am to
quote:

Think about how powerful a child with Solo/Skywalker blood would be. 

Why would Solo blood make them more powerful? Han has no powers. Skywalker blood is where all the power comes from.

quote:

Our Sith Lord is the bad guy for the episode. He will kill Luke, barely be defeated in the end, and be a precursor for the true bad guy of the series. 

Look how powerful Luke became from New Hope to ROTJ. What was that in movie time, 5 years? Think about how powerful he would become in 30 more years. There is no way he is getting killed by some guy who isn't a long time force user.

quote:

We'll find out his true backstory during Episode 8.

Maybe the man behind the scenes is Darth Plagueis, didn't he supposedly know how to cheat death? Only problem with that theory is you would be going back to things only brought up in the prequels, but is saves a lot of backstory on where someone who could legitimately beat Luke comes from.
Posted by musick
the internet
Member since Dec 2008
26125 posts
Posted on 11/10/15 at 7:30 am to
(removed by request)
This post was edited on 11/10/15 at 11:02 am
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 11/10/15 at 8:37 am to
I hope they avoid making any possible family ties crucial to the story and if they do a family link, I hope it's just between two characters. I'm kind of over the overblown importance of the skywalker family (as it relates to the shitty prequels)

I won't object to a ghost yoda if it's frank is doing the voice and he's not a cgi piece of shite
Posted by musick
the internet
Member since Dec 2008
26125 posts
Posted on 11/10/15 at 8:40 am to
Yea, I left family ties out but it's obvious they are going that route to me.

At least one of the new characters has to be a offspring of Luke\Leia. (They are going to force Rey to most likely say "Are you my father?" to Luke who acknowledges it and that will make me cringe)

If they make every one, Rey, Finn, Kylo, and even Poe have direct family ties it sure will seem forced.
This post was edited on 11/10/15 at 8:43 am
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 11/10/15 at 9:00 am to
quote:

be a offspring of Luke\Leia.

Yikes! No wonder they'd keep it a secret. Darth Deformed
Posted by PsychTiger
Member since Jul 2004
98862 posts
Posted on 11/10/15 at 9:06 am to
quote:

Why would Solo blood make them more powerful? Han has no powers. Skywalker blood is where all the power comes from.

Solo blood would make them more scruffy looking.
Posted by BulldogXero
Member since Oct 2011
9763 posts
Posted on 11/10/15 at 9:13 am to
quote:

Also I think they will have nothing from the Prequels and no references to the Prequels.

Considering the prequels ended about 48 years prior to the new films, I'm not sure that leaves a lot of room for references, but they don't need to avoid referencing them just because "lol prequels suck, let's pretend they never happened!"
Posted by Napoleon
Kenna
Member since Dec 2007
69065 posts
Posted on 11/10/15 at 9:21 am to
quote:

Considering the prequels ended about 48 years prior to the new films, I'm not sure that leaves a lot of room for references,

Shouldn't be too hard to have a 70-something year old Gungan appear.

Posted by BulldogXero
Member since Oct 2011
9763 posts
Posted on 11/10/15 at 9:28 am to
quote:

Shouldn't be too hard to have a 70-something year old Gungan appear.

It would not be necessary to the story to have Jar Jar, Boss Nas, or whoever in episode 7.

What I'm saying is don't be afraid to reference the prequels if it makes sense and enhances the story. Don't go out of the way to abandon all mention of the events in those films.
Posted by RLDSC FAN
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Member since Nov 2008
51541 posts
Posted on 11/10/15 at 9:29 am to
quote:

We'll see Luke for only a small period of time, he'll train our new Jedi Knight, and be killed in the first and only light-saber battle he fights in against the sith lord who will be our major bad guy through the new trilogy.

Our Sith Lord is the bad guy for the episode. He will kill Luke, barely be defeated in the end, and be a precursor for the true bad guy of the series. We'll find out his true backstory during Episode 8.

No way Luke is killed in this film.

I think the Lupita Nyong character will be the new Yoda for this trilogy.
Posted by Nodust
Member since Aug 2010
22631 posts
Posted on 11/10/15 at 9:50 am to
I don't see Luke and Kylo facing off until episode 8 or maybe 9. I don't want to see a cool bad guy die early in the trilogy like Maul did.
Posted by apfour21
New Orleans, LA
Member since Nov 2012
3143 posts
Posted on 11/10/15 at 10:00 am to
quote:

Considering the prequels ended about 48 years prior to the new films, I'm not sure that leaves a lot of room for references, but they don't need to avoid referencing them just because "lol prequels suck, let's pretend they never happened!"

I'm not saying like characters talking about them. I'm saying you will not see a random Gungan or any other species that was introduced in prequels walking around, no midiclorians, storm trooper won't pull off his helmet and be jango fett, and no Coruscant.
This post was edited on 11/10/15 at 10:44 am
Posted by RLDSC FAN
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Member since Nov 2008
51541 posts
Posted on 11/10/15 at 10:23 am to
quote:

Star Wars superfan Daniel Fleetwood dies, days after watching early screening of The Force Awakens

LINK
Posted by Sasquatch Smash
Member since Nov 2007
23993 posts
Posted on 11/10/15 at 10:40 am to
quote:

Solo blood would make them more scruffy looking.

Solo denies being scruffy looking, but Solo blood would definitely make them a nerfherder.
Posted by BulldogXero
Member since Oct 2011
9763 posts
Posted on 11/10/15 at 11:19 am to
quote:

I'm not saying like characters talking about them. I'm sayingyou will not see a random Gungan or any other species that was introduced in prequelswalking around no midiclorians, storm trooper won't pull off his helmet and be jango fett, and no Coruscant

That's the stupidity I'm talking about. Coruscant, for example, wasn't even introduced with the PT. It was introduced with the Thrawn Trilogy and adopted by Lucas.
This post was edited on 11/10/15 at 11:20 am
Posted by apfour21
New Orleans, LA
Member since Nov 2012
3143 posts
Posted on 11/10/15 at 12:33 pm to
quote:

That's the stupidity I'm talking about. Coruscant, for example, wasn't even introduced with the PT. It was introduced with the Thrawn Trilogy and adopted by Lucas.
Cool. I didn't know that nor does your general movie goer so thats irrelevant. George is the one that made it a ridiculous CGI mess.
Jump to page
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 21
Jump to page
first pageprev pagePage 2 of 21Next pagelast page

logoFollow TigerDroppings for LSU Football News
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram to get the latest updates on LSU Football and Recruiting.

FacebookTwitterInstagram