Started By
re: .

Posted on 9/4/14 at 12:21 am to
Posted by Freder
Member since Aug 2014
809 posts
Posted on 9/4/14 at 12:21 am to
I have decided that I will be gay starting tomorrow. Anyone want their pecker polished?
Posted by NC_Tigah
Carolinas
Member since Sep 2003
123869 posts
Posted on 9/4/14 at 12:22 am to
quote:

It is for some and not for others. Not all gay people are the same.
Correct.
Your opinion does not align with the OP.
Posted by SirWinston
PNW
Member since Jul 2014
81596 posts
Posted on 9/4/14 at 12:23 am to
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 9/4/14 at 12:25 am to
Not what I'm getting at but seemingly offensive regardless. I don't want to take it there

The story I get more often is I like women but prefer men. Same sex could be a preference. I have no idea. I just believe it's not a choice but I also believe that if you had a reliable polygraph (you know, something that doesn't exist) you'd find bisexuality to be the case among the "gayest" of people

Nothing more than a belief on my part
Posted by PythagoreanTiger
New Orleans
Member since Jan 2012
352 posts
I understand what he was going for and I believe that homosexuality isn't a choice. I'm just not a fan of stereotypes of any type--however "true" they be.
Posted by SirWinston
PNW
Member since Jul 2014
81596 posts
quote:

Right. Since all gay men don't like sports and are in boy bands and vice versa.

I really don't get the protestation to my story. Fox Mulder just shared a very similar anecdote right after I shared mine. Are you saying that you think I'm lying? Or are you just saying that I was being politically incorrect in the way I told my story?

I actually admire the heck out of my cousin - he was always true blue and acted the way he wanted. He never presented to be interested in girls or football or gangsta rap. He was always himself - drama and fricking piano from age 5 on

that shite takes a lot of courage - I know he took some lumps for it even though we grew up aways apart.
This post was edited on 9/4/14 at 12:28 am
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 9/4/14 at 12:27 am to
quote:

Your opinion does not align with the OP.

How do you know. I think we can choose anything regardless of our programming. People don't taste wine for the first time and go "damn that's tasty"
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 9/4/14 at 12:28 am to
quote:

I have decided that I will be gay starting tomorrow. Anyone want their pecker polished?

Again, I don't think it's a choice, but I certainly believe either voluntarily or involuntarily it's something that you can choose. By that I mean a desire you can develop

Posted by Freder
Member since Aug 2014
809 posts
Posted on 9/4/14 at 12:30 am to
I think it's called experimentation.
This post was edited on 9/4/14 at 12:31 am
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 9/4/14 at 12:30 am to
I guess it isn't pc to acknowledge a lot of gay men participate in feminine activities at a higher rate than straight men
Posted by genro
Member since Nov 2011
61788 posts
Posted on 9/4/14 at 12:31 am to
Is it a choice to like or dislike a piece of art? There's not even a good, simple answer for that. And thats just a painting. Now we wanna delve into human behavior, relationships, psychology, biology, personality, sexuality, aesthetics, companionship, culture, impressionability, et cetera to try and categorize and explain people based on who they frick. It's an impossible task.
This post was edited on 9/4/14 at 12:31 am
Posted by PythagoreanTiger
New Orleans
Member since Jan 2012
352 posts
Posted on 9/4/14 at 12:31 am to
I don't think you're lying at all and your story clearly supports the argument that it is not a choice. It's the "political correctness" of it, I guess. Even though I hate that saying since it has such negative connotations.

Every homosexual person is an individual with their own lived experiences. I guess that's what I was going for with my comment.
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 9/4/14 at 12:32 am to
Yes but based on an inner desire. Sure some people say "frick it. I've never done that before"

But I believe a person with zero homosexual desires can develop genuine desires based on external factors

Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 9/4/14 at 12:37 am to
Sure it CAN be

And that's all I'm saying about sexuality, it CAN be

Tastes change and people are complicated. I'm sure some people sleep with members of the same sex strictly because it's taboo. Their desires have nothing to do with attraction to the same sex

shite some people are in to feet, why can't that be biological? We don't know, and that's all I'm saying

And to clarify again so it doesn't get lost with what I'm saying, I believe that sexual preference is more often than not something you're biologically programmed with
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 9/4/14 at 12:40 am to
And look at all of this discussion, it reinforces the original point

We don't KNOW...I believe humans historically have a problem with admitting that. I'm no exception.
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 9/4/14 at 12:47 am to
quote:

Every homosexual person is an individual with their own lived experiences.

Statistical probability or statistical prevalence

I prefer these terms. Stereotyping is nothing more than recognizing, incorrectly or correctly, patterns among groups of people. Nothing wrong with it at all.
Posted by mmcgrath
Indianapolis
Member since Feb 2010
35386 posts
Posted on 9/4/14 at 12:57 am to
quote:

Being gay is not a choice! Prove it
Agreed but there's no proof. I think you can develop a taste for anything though

Again, I don't think it's a choice but I don't know

Isn't it ironic that heterosexual gay sympathizers and gay people can't imagine it as a choice but gay bashing freaks think it is?

Posted by Iosh
Bureau of Interstellar Immigration
Member since Dec 2012
18941 posts
Posted on 9/4/14 at 12:59 am to
quote:

All except one of the examples of animals that supposedly engage in acts of homosexuality have been male animals engaging in acts of dominance.

Uh, quite a few primates fail this criteria (female macaques, bonobos, gorillas), as do sheep (males with exclusive homosexual orientation), penguins (males pair bonding and child-rearing), a bunch of albatrosses and gulls (haha I bet you thought "lesbian seagull" was a Beavis and Butthead joke), you want me to keep going or you want to start walking this back or start on your ridiculous definition of "dominance"?
This post was edited on 9/4/14 at 12:59 am
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 9/4/14 at 1:03 am to
You don't think it's possible to be a homosexual sympathizer or even a homosexual and think it's a choice

Why does this caveat even matter?

I can hate handicap people even if it's not a choice

That's the point, we're talking about something no one knows the answer to, and while it's efficient to categorize "anti gays" in the "it's a choice column", the belief it's a choice is neither hateful nor prejudicial

I believe it's biological (generally speaking), but I'm open to the possibility that i am wrong
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 9/4/14 at 1:05 am to
Did you just reference englebert Humperdink? Winner

Not only do people generally not know that, they generally don't know of the song either
Jump to page
Page First 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
Jump to page
first pageprev pagePage 4 of 10Next pagelast page

logoFollow TigerDroppings for LSU Football News
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram to get the latest updates on LSU Football and Recruiting.

FacebookTwitterInstagram