Posted on 9/3/14 at 11:55 pm to
Posted by Tigah in the ATL
Atlanta
Member since Feb 2005
27539 posts
quote:

It proves itself.
If true, then sole heterosexuality is a choice as well.
Posted by PythagoreanTiger
New Orleans
Member since Jan 2012
352 posts
quote:

Unheard of, literally
quote:

no it wasn't, we just kept it to ourselves, like my lesbian great-aunt in the Army, born ~1910.
Precisely what is meant by "unheard of." It existed but people were silent on the issue out of shame or ignorance.
Posted by Tigah in the ATL
Atlanta
Member since Feb 2005
27539 posts
Posted on 9/3/14 at 11:57 pm to
quote:

Precisely what is meant by "unheard of."
we'll agree to disagree
Posted by The Pirate King
Pangu
Member since May 2014
57655 posts
Posted on 9/3/14 at 11:57 pm to
quote:

We have an innate desire for companionship and need to continue our gene pool and species. The only way to do that naturally is with a man and woman. Pretty simple really.
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 9/3/14 at 11:58 pm to
I get that, but they can't explain how multiple factors contribute to the determination of sexual preference or sexuality. All that was is correlation, it could still be environmental factors. It could be circumstances explaining a choice, it could also be a genetic pattern

Again, they're on to something...maybe, but no proof

The point being that there is absolutely no consensus, no law, no rule. there is plenty of evidence, and just like natural selection and the evolution of species, I think the best evidence is observational (homogenous/analogous traits, geographic diversity in that case)

While I believe sexuality is a genetic predetermination and sometimes in conjunction with external causes in formative years. The possibility exists that the "it's a choice crowd" is right. Unlikely, but possible, this no PROOF

BTW, with the fossil records, embryology, DNA and the other things I mentioned, I do believe evolution is a proven process. Why is it still a "theory"? Honest question, I don't know
Posted by NC_Tigah
Carolinas
Member since Sep 2003
123869 posts
Posted on 9/3/14 at 11:59 pm to
quote:

It proves itself.

You may have misread.
But certainly "sole heterosexuality" can be a choice, as can homosexuality. Neither is responsive to the unfortunate sweeping generalization of the OP though.

This post was edited on 9/4/14 at 12:00 am
Posted by SirWinston
PNW
Member since Jul 2014
81596 posts
Posted on 9/4/14 at 12:03 am to
I didn't even know what "gay" was when I was about six years old and my younger cousin came to visit. He was as femme as femme could be... didn't like football or baseball, played with his little sisters dolls, had no interest in anything that I did or cared about.

10 years later he was in a boy band.

20 years later he is now living with his partner in an antiqued out flat in Baltimore.

Kid was born to suck the D
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 9/4/14 at 12:05 am to
quote:

quote:

Survival is programmed into most, not all, members of a species. This is scientific fact. Basic biology supports this as well as billions of years of sexual procreation

With that said, being straight can absolutely be a choice. I have a suspicion that bisexuality is more prevalent than people believe. I think more men suppress that urge than will admit it, but I base that on some pretty offensive (to males, gay males I'm not sure) opinions formed from knowing a lot of gay men who really would just frick any circular hole that isn't dry.
Posted by CptBengal
BR Baby
Member since Dec 2007
71661 posts
Posted on 9/4/14 at 12:06 am to
quote:

. He was as femme as femme could be... didn't like football or baseball, played with his little sisters dolls, had no interest in anything that I did or cared about.

10 years later he was in a boy band.

20 years later he is now living with his partner in an antiqued out flat in Baltimore.

Kid was born to suck the D

wow, so true to the progressive form, not only are you a hypocrite, but you stereotype too. how special.
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 9/4/14 at 12:06 am to
For me the kicker is my cousin. He's about to go to college, but from when he was an infant until now, just flaming. And there's nothing wrong with it. I do feel bad because I think he's in denial and so is his father
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 9/4/14 at 12:08 am to
Hey I was short on time. I hear my gay friend roll his eyes and call names when the subject gets brought up in the gay marriage debates

Personally, I think it's irrelevant to the topic, but fascinating nonetheless
Posted by SirWinston
PNW
Member since Jul 2014
81596 posts
Posted on 9/4/14 at 12:09 am to
How the frick do you "stereotype" a true story?
Posted by the808bass
The Lou
Member since Oct 2012
111508 posts
Posted on 9/4/14 at 12:09 am to
quote:

If that's the sort of stuff that has to happen to really frick with someone's sexual orientation, that just just reinforces that it's overwhelming inherent to me.

For everyone who hasn't had a traumatic event or extreme circumstance or is acting against their nature or any other number of complicating factors.
This post was edited on 9/4/14 at 12:10 am
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 9/4/14 at 12:12 am to
quote:

It proves itself.

It doesn't. That doesn't mean anything, but it doesn't

I would say a biological inclination towards sex between men and women proves itself to a degree. We're here. Our biology and survival is constructed around it. Doesn't prove that either. Maybe it's a choice with better odds
Posted by PythagoreanTiger
New Orleans
Member since Jan 2012
352 posts
Posted on 9/4/14 at 12:13 am to
Right. Since all gay men don't like sports and are in boy bands and vice versa.

Posted by NC_Tigah
Carolinas
Member since Sep 2003
123869 posts
Posted on 9/4/14 at 12:16 am to
quote:

opinions formed from knowing a lot of gay men who really would just frick any circular hole that isn't dry.
FM, it is not a simple matter promiscuous convenience. Someone like Rock Hudson could have had nearly any woman in Hollywood, or a few at a time.

There was no attraction. No one would make that choice.
Posted by SirWinston
PNW
Member since Jul 2014
81596 posts
Posted on 9/4/14 at 12:18 am to
I have a black friend who enjoys fried chicken. I post on a Louisiana based message board and 90 percent of the people are right wingers who blame Obama when it rains yet think that George W hung the moon.. I don't get your point. Stereotypes can often be true?
This post was edited on 9/4/14 at 12:24 am
Posted by CptBengal
BR Baby
Member since Dec 2007
71661 posts
Posted on 9/4/14 at 12:19 am to
quote:

SirWinston

typical progressive. I'm willing to bet you think yourself intelligent too...
Posted by NC_Tigah
Carolinas
Member since Sep 2003
123869 posts
Posted on 9/4/14 at 12:19 am to
quote:

Since all gay men don't like sports and are in boy bands and vice versa.
Right. It was crudely put, but the key was "I didn't even know what "gay" was when I was about six years old and my younger cousin came to visit." That was the salient point.
Posted by genro
Member since Nov 2011
61788 posts
Posted on 9/4/14 at 12:20 am to
quote:

FM, it is not a simple matter promiscuous convenience.
It is for some and not for others. Not all gay people are the same.

Jump to page
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10
Jump to page
first pageprev pagePage 3 of 10Next pagelast page

logoFollow TigerDroppings for LSU Football News
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram to get the latest updates on LSU Football and Recruiting.

FacebookTwitterInstagram