re: .

Posted on 2/17/15 at 4:47 pm to
Posted by DieDaily
West of a white house
Member since Mar 2010
2644 posts
Posted on 2/17/15 at 4:47 pm to
quote:

I think that if you can't acknowledge that AT LEAST SMB and the original Zelda are top 50 games, no way anyone can take your list as anything more than a "oauron's fave games", not an actual top list.
While I'm surprised that at least one Zelda game isn't on his list, I pretty much take every list like this as *that person's* favorite games vs some kind of "objective" list of what the best games of all time are.

Posted by Josh Fenderman
Ron Don Volante's PlayPen
Member since Jul 2011
6705 posts
Posted on 2/17/15 at 4:48 pm to
quote:

VII is the overall favorite

Not here though

From talking to people outside of internet that are FF fans, it seems to me that your favorite is usually IV, VI, VII or X, depending on when you started playing the games.

IX is a good game, it's just that it doesn't try anything new. People love it because it's a hodgepodge of all the stuff from I-VI that people loved. Even the music. I recently replayed it and it feels like that one song from the title screen is the only original song to the game. There are just variations of it in different dungeons.
Posted by Mr Gardoki
AL
Member since Apr 2010
27652 posts
Posted on 2/17/15 at 4:48 pm to
As you should. It is impossible to make a list like this without bias.
Posted by sicboy
Because Awesome
Member since Nov 2010
77580 posts
Posted on 2/17/15 at 4:49 pm to
Just roll with it.
Posted by oauron
Birmingham, AL
Member since Sep 2011
14512 posts
Posted on 2/17/15 at 4:49 pm to
quote:

No wonder everytime we get excited about something Nintendo does, you come in like "who gives a shite?"

I mean, I'm still excited to play the new Smash and Mario Kart. I just don't love as much as most. I hope you don't get the impression that I think any of those games are bad or mediocre. With these kind of lists, you leave out dozens of very good games that you liked quite a lot.
This post was edited on 2/17/15 at 4:51 pm
Posted by oauron
Birmingham, AL
Member since Sep 2011
14512 posts
Posted on 2/17/15 at 4:52 pm to
quote:

As you should. It is impossible to make a list like this without bias.

Well, you knew this kind of response was going to happen. LINK
Posted by Mr Gardoki
AL
Member since Apr 2010
27652 posts
Posted on 2/17/15 at 4:52 pm to
I don't, I just like making fun of you for being Nintendo Debbie downer
Posted by DieDaily
West of a white house
Member since Mar 2010
2644 posts
Posted on 2/17/15 at 4:53 pm to
quote:

It is impossible to make a list like this without bias.
Exactly. Having said that, it could be fun if we could get the TD GB to come up with and vote on some kind of greatest games of all time list. I wonder if there is a site where we could set up brackets with voting.

Of course, I imagine the list would end up looking like most top games lists and that's assuming people even participated.
Posted by Mr Gardoki
AL
Member since Apr 2010
27652 posts
Posted on 2/17/15 at 4:56 pm to
quote:

assuming people even participated.

This is where the plan fell apart
Posted by oauron
Birmingham, AL
Member since Sep 2011
14512 posts
Posted on 2/17/15 at 4:59 pm to
quote:

Exactly. Having said that, it could be fun if we could get the TD GB to come up with and vote on some kind of greatest games of all time list. I wonder if there is a site where we could set up brackets with voting.

Of course, I imagine the list would end up looking like most top games lists and that's assuming people even participated.

You might be interested in this. Community is a bit dominated by Nintendo fans, so there's some interesting inclusions (like ZombiiU making the list), but it's a very admirable effort.
This post was edited on 2/17/15 at 5:06 pm
Posted by Mr Gardoki
AL
Member since Apr 2010
27652 posts
Posted on 2/17/15 at 5:17 pm to
I always wanted to put together your game of the month club idea but I don't have time to play what I already have much less add games to it
Posted by Ross
Member since Oct 2007
47824 posts
Posted on 2/17/15 at 6:40 pm to
I absolutely loved The Last of Us. Great, great game.
Posted by DieDaily
West of a white house
Member since Mar 2010
2644 posts
Posted on 2/17/15 at 6:43 pm to
quote:

always wanted to put together your game of the month club idea but I don't have time to play what I already have much less add games to it
I think that would be fun, almost like a book club, but I'm in the same boat as you. Between work and kids I don't have much time to play games right now.

In fact, I've actually made a sort of New Year's resolution to not buy any new games this year (with the exception of Zelda Wii U and The Witness). Also, if someone gives me a game as a gift or I get it free somehow, that doesn't count either. We'll see if I can make it, but I just keep feeling guilty about all these games I buy and barely touch, even if I am getting them cheap.
Posted by DieDaily
West of a white house
Member since Mar 2010
2644 posts
Posted on 2/17/15 at 6:45 pm to
quote:

You might be interested in this.

Yeah, that is impressive. I think it'd be cool to do something like that here, I just don't think we have the participation required to make it happen, and I'm sadly including myself in that assessment.
Posted by Mr Gardoki
AL
Member since Apr 2010
27652 posts
Posted on 2/17/15 at 6:45 pm to
At this point game collecting is more of my hobby than game playing.
Posted by DieDaily
West of a white house
Member since Mar 2010
2644 posts
Posted on 2/17/15 at 6:58 pm to
quote:

t this point game collecting is more of my hobby than game playing.
I think my hobby is consuming game related media (videos, podcasts, articles, etc. about gaming)
This post was edited on 2/17/15 at 6:58 pm
Posted by Mr Gardoki
AL
Member since Apr 2010
27652 posts
Posted on 2/17/15 at 6:58 pm to
That too
Posted by oauron
Birmingham, AL
Member since Sep 2011
14512 posts
Posted on 2/17/15 at 7:18 pm to
My goal is not buy anything at full price. Outside of Bloodborne and FF:Type 0 HD, I'm waiting till at least <$30 before buying.
This post was edited on 2/17/15 at 7:19 pm
Posted by DieDaily
West of a white house
Member since Mar 2010
2644 posts
Posted on 2/17/15 at 7:27 pm to
quote:

My goal is not buy anything at full price.
That's been my rule for a while now, outside of one of those rare games I'm dying to play, like a Zelda title, for instance. Games just drop in price so quickly these days that it doesn't make sense to pay full price unless for multiplayer reasons, which doesn't really affect me since I rarely play multiplayer games.
Posted by Mr Gardoki
AL
Member since Apr 2010
27652 posts
Posted on 2/17/15 at 7:45 pm to
I haven't cut myself off with price but I also haven't paid $60 since destiny and before that GTA v.
Jump to page
Page First 6 7 8 9 10 11
Jump to page
first pageprev pagePage 8 of 11Next pagelast page

logoFollow TigerDroppings for LSU Football News
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram to get the latest updates on LSU Football and Recruiting.

FacebookTwitterInstagram