re: .

Posted on 2/17/15 at 4:21 pm to
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
has to be

there are some real pieces of shite on there.

I hate anyone who even mildly enjoyed FFXIII and anyone who bought FFXIII-2, they're the problem
Posted by oauron
Birmingham, AL
Member since Sep 2011
14512 posts
quote:

Now this is your list of favorites right? not just what you think is the best?

It's a list of what I think is best. There are some inflations by favorites (Nier, FF13) but I don't think any of those games are objectively bad.

Almost everything is critically acclaimed and you'd find them on most forum's compilation top whatever lists.
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 2/17/15 at 4:23 pm to
you can paradigm shift my nut sack...or something like that

Posted by sicboy
Because Awesome
Member since Nov 2010
77649 posts
Posted on 2/17/15 at 4:23 pm to
quote:

I hate anyone who even mildly enjoyed FFXIII

piss off
Posted by Mr Gardoki
AL
Member since Apr 2010
27652 posts
Posted on 2/17/15 at 4:24 pm to
I can't help but notice your lack of Nintendo games and Zelda in general. No wonder you hate Nintendo
Posted by sicboy
Because Awesome
Member since Nov 2010
77649 posts
Posted on 2/17/15 at 4:25 pm to
quote:

I can't help but notice your lack of Nintendo games and Zelda in general. No wonder you hate Nintendo

I don't think that's a reason as much as it's a byproduct.
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
you should've seen the disappointment on my face

FF was a no brainer buy for me...I didn't even watch one review

I made a huge deal out of it, ordered a pizza, im in sweatpants, I mean a really rare and special slob out moment for me

god, it was brutal...I really went through all of the phases
Posted by oauron
Birmingham, AL
Member since Sep 2011
14512 posts
Look at where it is in regards to the rest of the series. At least you can have some solace that I think it's mid tier FF.
Posted by oauron
Birmingham, AL
Member since Sep 2011
14512 posts
Posted on 2/17/15 at 4:27 pm to
quote:

Most of the Nintendo games I like fall outside the list. Outside of some of the N64 titles, SMG is the only real Nintendo title I loved. That said, I never played SMG2, so that almost certainly would be on my list. Next closest Nintendo title is either Wii Sports Resort or the original Smash.

I'm just not a big Zelda fan, so you won't find the games on these lists for me.
This post was edited on 2/17/15 at 4:30 pm
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 2/17/15 at 4:28 pm to
x was just perfect

xii was kind of back to the old school, but new and different at the same time

I was just so pumped about 13...you know the drive home where you start peeling the plastic at the first red light...holy shite, what a kick in the balls that was...even worse is I beat the game (which BTW that was the easiest FF game by a fricking mile)

ETA: I remember googling to see if it got better, because again this is a franchise I don't need to read reviews for or so I thought, and someone posted one giant image of the entire map and it was literally a straight line, with one big tumor near the end
This post was edited on 2/17/15 at 4:30 pm
Posted by Mr Gardoki
AL
Member since Apr 2010
27652 posts
Posted on 2/17/15 at 4:31 pm to
translation

Oauron hates Nintendo
Posted by Mr Gardoki
AL
Member since Apr 2010
27652 posts
Posted on 2/17/15 at 4:32 pm to
By the way I loved X back on PS2. I played it again this year and really wanted some of those characters to shut up.
Posted by Josh Fenderman
Ron Don Volante's PlayPen
Member since Jul 2011
6716 posts
Posted on 2/17/15 at 4:32 pm to
I'm gonna say it, but IX is very overrated on this board, VIII much more so though.

XIII is awful. X is okay, was never anything special to me.

But I know most on this board will blast me for liking XII and VII as much as I do.
Posted by oauron
Birmingham, AL
Member since Sep 2011
14512 posts
Posted on 2/17/15 at 4:33 pm to
quote:

I was just so pumped about 13...you know the drive home where you start peeling the plastic at the first red light...holy shite, what a kick in the balls that was...even worse is I beat the game (which BTW that was the easiest FF game by a fricking mile)

Hey, I know that a lot of people were let down by it. I just enjoyed it and didn't perceive it all as inherent negatives, and I know that can be a pretty unpopular pick. Shoot, when I playing it I thought people would like Hope because I thought he handled his mother's death pretty well.

quote:

I'm gonna say it, but IX is very overrated on this board, VIII much more so though.
XIII is awful. X is okay, was never anything special to me.
But I know most on this board will blast me for liking XII and VII as much as I do.

IX and VI are over-represented on forums, because they are more beloved by the hardcore fans. VII is the overall favorite, so I don't think anyone would blast you. XII was also very mixed though.

What I love most about the series is how they're able to make a completely different game in the same series and fans have such polarizing views on each one. Hard to find a fanbase that is so split on individual releases in the series.
This post was edited on 2/17/15 at 4:37 pm
Posted by sicboy
Because Awesome
Member since Nov 2010
77649 posts
Posted on 2/17/15 at 4:39 pm to
I think that if you can't acknowledge that AT LEAST SMB and the original Zelda are top 50 games, no way anyone can take your list as anything more than a "oauron's fave games", not an actual top list.
Posted by oauron
Birmingham, AL
Member since Sep 2011
14512 posts
Posted on 2/17/15 at 4:42 pm to
I've never played the original Zelda as I never had a NES. SMB is alright, Super Mario World and SMB3 were way better.

My list is also going to be void of 2D platformers. It's not a list of the best games ever made, just those that I've played.
This post was edited on 2/17/15 at 4:43 pm
Posted by sicboy
Because Awesome
Member since Nov 2010
77649 posts
Posted on 2/17/15 at 4:43 pm to
quote:

Super Mario World and SMB3

I wold even accept these.
Posted by Mr Gardoki
AL
Member since Apr 2010
27652 posts
Posted on 2/17/15 at 4:43 pm to
No wonder everytime we get excited about something Nintendo does, you come in like "who gives a shite?"
Posted by sicboy
Because Awesome
Member since Nov 2010
77649 posts
Posted on 2/17/15 at 4:44 pm to
I'd rather he be a console fanboi flunky.
Posted by Mr Gardoki
AL
Member since Apr 2010
27652 posts
Posted on 2/17/15 at 4:47 pm to
quote:

console fanboi flunky.

A what?
Jump to page
Page First 5 6 7 8 9 ... 11
Jump to page
first pageprev pagePage 7 of 11Next pagelast page

logoFollow TigerDroppings for LSU Football News
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram to get the latest updates on LSU Football and Recruiting.

FacebookTwitterInstagram