Posted by ThatsAFactJack
East Coast
Member since Sep 2012
1543 posts
Posted on 4/19/17 at 1:20 pm to
quote:

HubbaBubba

quote:

All he said was that his wife wouldn't need to wear them for long.

Your friend is an idiot for making the comment above. Everything was fine until that point. If he was in any type of managerial/admin role he should have known better.

Posted by Morgan56
Member since Jan 2006
1163 posts
Posted on 4/19/17 at 1:21 pm to
Bill Cosby, Bill Clinton, Bill O'Reilly. Are Bills just sexual predators?
Posted by Hawkeye95
Member since Dec 2013
20293 posts
Posted on 4/19/17 at 1:23 pm to
quote:

You can pretty much be sure of that imo. For every one woman that wasn't too terrified to report something in that rape culture Fox fostered, you can pretty much be sure 2 more didnt report it. The shite went all the way to the top.

Pathetic.

well especially since ailes was pushed out for similar reasons.
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 4/19/17 at 1:27 pm to
quote:

Only old people watched the O'Reilly Factor
he definitely has an older audience than the rest, but they're far from his only viewers or even the majority.

old people are weird. they watch more television, they have more money, but the rub is that they're not making money anymore so they're less inclined to spend it, but then some of them go hog wild
Posted by EKG
Houston, TX
Member since Jun 2010
44041 posts
Posted on 4/19/17 at 1:31 pm to
quote:

Then you don't watch Fox News

You're right.
I was lying.
Posted by cajuncarguy
On the road...Again!
Member since Jun 2013
3135 posts
Posted on 4/19/17 at 1:31 pm to
quote:

The only "news anchor" worse than O'Reily is Hannity.

These 2 guys don't do news shows. Their shows are OPINION.
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 4/19/17 at 1:33 pm to
quote:

rape culture
what a ridiculous thing to say.

Posted by Tigerinthewoods
In the woods
Member since Oct 2009
1246 posts
Posted on 4/19/17 at 1:39 pm to
quote:

I was under the impression its because a serial sexual harasser is being fired

I was under the impression the left really loves serious sexual harassers.
Posted by ChineseBandit58
Pearland, TX
Member since Aug 2005
42736 posts
Posted on 4/19/17 at 1:40 pm to
quote:

quote:
There's a difference between looking and complimenting (your scenario) and grabbing and using one's position to get subordinates to do base things for you (what O'Reilly is accused of).
==========

Since you haven't seen any of the sealed financial agreements, you are only guessing at what he's accused of, or just regurgitating "talking points".

It's seriously fricked up out there. I never, ever, allow myself to be in a situation where I'm with a female alone in business. It's just too easy. I have a close friend who lost his job because he saw a newscaster on the lunch room TV during lunch. The news personality was wearing FMP's and he commented that he'd like to see his wife wearing them. A female associate in the lunch room commented that she thought they looked uncomfortable. All he said was that his wife wouldn't need to wear them for long. That's it. The female complained to HR and the guy lost his job over it.

A. women are fricking nuts.
B. stay away from women in the workplace if at all possible.

This is the kind of shite that 'sexual harassment' has become. I don't pay any attention to claims of SH unless I see it for myself.

Feminist/DEM/LIB/MSM have created this monster.

Same as charge of racism. == hot air.
Posted by AUbused
Member since Dec 2013
7771 posts
Posted on 4/19/17 at 1:44 pm to
So basically women are to blame for pieces of shite like O'Reilly forcing themselves on them under threat of ruining their career.

Got it. How many times a week do you call your coworkers on the phone with a vibrator shoved up your arse?
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 4/19/17 at 1:45 pm to
yeah, it's pretty terrible. part of interacting with humans is giving approval. you don't just say "oh you got a hair cut" or "oh you're wearing this or that"

you tell them it looks nice, or cool. especially women.

this is why PC shite is such a disaster but at the root of it is title vii...we all have to be lifeless, soulless zombies lest we be sued or fired (because an employer is scared of being sued)
Posted by Count Chocula
Tier 5 and proud
Member since Feb 2009
63908 posts
Posted on 4/19/17 at 1:48 pm to
quote:

So basically women are to blame for pieces of shite like O'Reilly forcing themselves on them under threat of ruining their career.
You don't know that shite... there are always two sides to a coin. You just like this shite because you're a liberal hack who wants to see a conservative crushed. With you its not about anything but politics.
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 4/19/17 at 1:48 pm to
quote:

no, we've muddied the waters on things that should be pretty fricking crystal clear.

like how you say rape culture or call anything and everything racist, well then things aren't as crystal clear. sexual harassment could be "hey you look nice today" or it could mean "suck my dick or you're fired"

so you've desensitized people to the harshness of what the accusation typically entails.

suck my dick and i'll make you famous...sexual harassment, yup. rape? nope especially when it's so easy to sue people.
Posted by AUbused
Member since Dec 2013
7771 posts
Posted on 4/19/17 at 1:50 pm to
5 settlements. Prominent anchors leaving. Roger Ailes ousted for the same thing.....

WTF does it take for you drones to admit that their might actually have been an issue this time? 25? 50 settlements? I get it, I work in a mega corporate environment. It can suck, but lets not act like this doesn't look really bad. Smoke, fire all that.
Posted by Count Chocula
Tier 5 and proud
Member since Feb 2009
63908 posts
Posted on 4/19/17 at 1:55 pm to
quote:

Smoke, fire all that.

"where theres smoke theres fire" huh? Oftentimes its just someone lighting fires to watch shite burn. I work in a mega corporate environment too (in the financial industry) and you see this sort of shite every frick'n day.
Posted by AUbused
Member since Dec 2013
7771 posts
Posted on 4/19/17 at 1:58 pm to
quote:

you see this sort of shite every frick'n day

Funny, because in my experience its extremely rare. To the point where the yarn spun by conservatives feels like a massive fabrication built to protect this kind of shite practice.
Posted by tigersandsaints
Member since Dec 2005
6485 posts
Posted on 4/19/17 at 1:59 pm to
New nightly line up already out

Tucker
The Five
Hannity
Posted by Texas Weazel
Louisiana is a shithole
Member since Oct 2016
8546 posts
Posted on 4/19/17 at 2:01 pm to
quote:

Fake news. Those women are lying about everything to try and bring Bill down.

This is why I hate the "fake news" card. Any dimwit can pull it and brush off news that they find unfavorable by calling it "fake".
Posted by JBeam
Guns,Germs & Steel
Member since Jan 2011
68377 posts
Posted on 4/19/17 at 2:01 pm to
quote:

These 2 guys don't do news shows. Their shows are OPINION.
That the majority of their audience believes is actual news. Don't kid yourself.
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 4/19/17 at 2:02 pm to
quote:

but lets not act like this doesn't look really bad
it does, but yet his ratings went up people liked him and he's a republican and a high profile one, and that's all that matters to you

cut the shite. you don't care and you're not outraged because then you wouldn't find satisfaction in this because he's going to be owed his contract and they're going to pay him on top of that to retire and never go on television or talk shite about fox news.

he's getting paid exactly what he always was going to be paid, only now he won't have to work for it...that's how I know you're full of shite.
Jump to page
Page First 4 5 6 7 8 ... 11
Jump to page
first pageprev pagePage 6 of 11Next pagelast page

logoFollow TigerDroppings for LSU Football News
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram to get the latest updates on LSU Football and Recruiting.

FacebookTwitterInstagram