Started By
re: .

Posted on 6/15/14 at 5:33 pm to
Posted by TupeloTiger
Tupelo,Ms.[via Bastrop,La.]
Member since Jul 2004
4340 posts
Posted on 6/15/14 at 5:33 pm to
I would first go out and draw and paint a red line north of Baghdad several miles, put out signs and communicate to stop here or the U.S. will attack. Put up barracades on the road to Baghdad. I would the hit the entire road with Drones, follow up with air strikes on every vehicle of ISIS soldiers by jets. Then I would fire the carriers artillery on anything our satilites see that's viable to hit. NO foot soldiers. Then divide the country into 3 tribe states and get out.
Posted by DaGarun
Smashville
Member since Nov 2007
26184 posts
Posted on 6/15/14 at 5:36 pm to
quote:

Be mad as hell and draw the shite out of a red line

but you left out the part where he watches the morning news to see how its all going...
Posted by cwill
Member since Jan 2005
54752 posts
Posted on 6/15/14 at 5:36 pm to
Were they ever "liberated"? I don't get involved again, get more Americans killed only to watch this shite boil over again. Iraq is a fake country created by English bureaucrats. They have to figure this out for themselves and we need to stop delaying their progress.
Posted by dr smartass phd
RIP 8/19
Member since Sep 2004
20387 posts
Posted on 6/15/14 at 5:37 pm to
Terry Moran, ABC News London
Hearing that Iraqi military base at Taji—just 20 miles north of Baghdad—has fallen to ISIS. Main resupply depot for Iraqi army. Disaster.

PzFeed Top News
BREAKING NEWS: ISIS and affiliate Sunni tribesmen confirm that military offensive on Baghdad has begun.

Al Aribiya
A tribal spokesman say rebels have started advancing toward Baghdad

LINK

Home base to Golf Cart One . Come in!

URGENT!!

This post was edited on 6/15/14 at 5:40 pm
Posted by AGoodTexan
Texas, USA
Member since Apr 2014
754 posts
Posted on 6/15/14 at 6:04 pm to
We're not even fighting people, we're fighting an ideology.
If we go in and wipe out ISIS its only a matter of time before a new group pops up.
Posted by real
Dixieland
Member since Oct 2007
14027 posts
Posted on 6/15/14 at 6:52 pm to
Bomb bomb bomb and when that is done I'd invade the whole of Iraq and create the largest military base in the world in the middle of the Middle East.
Posted by VOR
Member since Apr 2009
63489 posts
Posted on 6/15/14 at 6:54 pm to
Honest to God, as horrible a situation as it is, did anyone think that Iraq would remain stable after the U.S. left? Now or 20 years from now?

The only possibility was permanent semi-occupation. Does America really want to spend lives and treasure to rescue Iraq at this point?
Posted by The Baker
This is fine.
Member since Dec 2011
16162 posts
Posted on 6/15/14 at 7:06 pm to
(no message)
This post was edited on 1/11/21 at 1:22 am
Posted by NHTIGER
Central New Hampshire
Member since Nov 2003
16188 posts
Posted on 6/15/14 at 7:17 pm to
quote:

I think though the ME is an extremely unstable region a residual force would have been wise. Along the lines of Germany, Korea, Bosnia, et

The election in Afghanistan was yesterday and I saw some voters tell reporters that the events in Iraq made them want to get the new President into place so the SOFA can be signed as soon as possible, to avert the same thing happening to them as is happening in Iraq. No matter who wins, the agreement will definitely be signed, but until Karzai actually vacates his seat, no one is breathing easy over there.
Posted by cwill
Member since Jan 2005
54752 posts
Posted on 6/15/14 at 7:19 pm to
Residual force equals more dead Americans and simmering sectarian violence that would explode if we left 10, 20 or 50 yrs from now.
Posted by cwill
Member since Jan 2005
54752 posts
Posted on 6/15/14 at 7:21 pm to
Do you seriously imagine a stable Afghanistan 10, 20 years from now without US troops?
Posted by udtiger
Over your left shoulder
Member since Nov 2006
98710 posts
Posted on 6/15/14 at 7:47 pm to
1) recognize Kurdish independence on condition they assist the Iraqi government in putting down ISIS;

2) carpet bomb ISIS forces between Baghdad and Mogul
Posted by Scruffy
Kansas City
Member since Jul 2011
72062 posts
Posted on 6/15/14 at 7:53 pm to
quote:

You are commander in chief of the greatest military force in the history of man.
Terrible decision electing me to that position.
quote:

You have public opinion against you intervening, but you are the only one, that's not Iran, able to make a significant difference quickly.
What kind of "significant difference"? How long would that significant difference last?
quote:

The human beings you liberated are now being slaughtered as you stand by.
We didn't liberate shite.
quote:

Watch the video first and then think about it. It seems just as tough to not to act as would be to act.
Here is all that I would do.

I would pull all of our soldiers, personnel, and any associated individuals out of the region and I would cover their departure until we were all clear.

After that, I wouldn't do anything. It is a terrible situation that we put the people of that region in, but there is no out that doesn't involve us staying there permanently, and under no circumstances would I support that.
Posted by rmcc316
Here
Member since Feb 2004
44424 posts
Posted on 6/15/14 at 7:58 pm to
quote:

The human beings you liberated

Posted by The Baker
This is fine.
Member since Dec 2011
16162 posts
Posted on 6/15/14 at 9:34 pm to
(no message)
This post was edited on 1/11/21 at 1:21 am
first pageprev pagePage 2 of 2Next pagelast page
refresh

logoFollow TigerDroppings for LSU Football News
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram to get the latest updates on LSU Football and Recruiting.

FacebookTwitterInstagram