re: ....

Posted on 12/1/16 at 7:56 am to
Posted by bulldog95
North Louisiana
Member since Jan 2011
20713 posts
Posted on 12/1/16 at 7:56 am to
quote:

My family loves her, and they're gonna be pissed, but it needs to be done. I can't live miserably anymore. I can't waste my life being unhappy just for the sake of not wanting to hurt her.

Sounds like you're already married. Admit it you found a new piece of strange and you think the grass will be greener
Posted by TigerFanInSouthland
Louisiana
Member since Aug 2012
28065 posts
Posted on 12/1/16 at 7:57 am to
quote:

We've been together 4 years. I'm not getting married, but she wants to.

You strung this girl along for four years all while knowing you were never gonna marry her?

You're right, you are selfish.
Posted by DollaChoppa
I Simp for ACC
Member since May 2008
84774 posts
Posted on 12/1/16 at 7:58 am to
See, to me that sounds like a personal problem, because Ive never had that issue. And you dont know anything about him except that he is 1/1 in the relationships you know of for feeling that way.
This post was edited on 12/1/16 at 7:58 am
Posted by meauxjeaux2
watson
Member since Oct 2007
60283 posts
Posted on 12/1/16 at 7:58 am to
quote:

our lease is up at the end of this year

ohh so she was living with you. Damn that's going to be tough. Watch out for Palimony
Posted by partywiththelombardi
Member since May 2012
11588 posts
Posted on 12/1/16 at 8:00 am to
quote:

She's a beautiful girl, loving, caring, 100% trustworthy and loyal
I am in a similar situation except I am popping the question this month.

quote:

We've been together 4 years. I'm not getting married, but she wants to.

It would be selfish of me to keep stringing her along knowing that I will never marry her. I don't want to waste anymore of her time.
My brother did this. He bagged OT 9-10s for a year straight. Lived on Tinder and other sites. He is now dating Mexican Snookie and thinks he is happy.

Ultimately he downgraded and has been living with Satan.

Those qualities you listed initially are hard to find especially the more and more established you become in life.

Not saying your situation will end up like his but Good girls are really hard to find and most are trainable especially if they love the dog shite out of you.
Posted by The Baker
This is fine.
Member since Dec 2011
16162 posts
Posted on 12/1/16 at 8:01 am to
(no message)
This post was edited on 1/10/21 at 8:58 pm
Posted by ThatMakesSense
Fort Lauderdale
Member since Aug 2015
14792 posts
Posted on 12/1/16 at 8:02 am to
quote:

She sounds fat. Upgrade and best of luck.
Posted by TigerGman
Center of the Universe
Member since Sep 2006
11202 posts
Posted on 12/1/16 at 8:05 am to
quote:

but I dread coming home at night. I love being home alone, but when she's there I just need to get the frick out.

Might as well stick with her, sounds like you're married already...
Posted by DollaChoppa
I Simp for ACC
Member since May 2008
84774 posts
Posted on 12/1/16 at 8:06 am to
No, but most of them ended amicably because we just had different life paths/goals. I am friends still with most of my exes, many that are married and engaged. See the thing you need to realize is that its ok to be selfish and do whats right for you. Its ok to focus on yourself more rather than someone else. Once you do that, its a lot easier to maintain a healthy relationship when you arent obsessing over them. Plus if you make sacrifices to stay with someone, theres a good chance that alone will cause you to resent them.
Posted by TDcline
American Gardens building 11th flor
Member since Aug 2015
9281 posts
Posted on 12/1/16 at 8:06 am to
quote:

She's a beautiful girl, loving, caring, 100% trustworthy and loyal, but I dread coming home at night. I love being home alone, but when she's there I just need to get the frick out.

My family loves her, and they're gonna be pissed, but it needs to be done. I can't live miserably anymore. I can't waste my life being unhappy just for the sake of not wanting to hurt her.

Are you gay or are you just a fricking idiot? Let's look at the options going forward; You're going to find a hotter girl, with a better personality, that your parents love, who will be loyal? LOL for days on that shite. You're going to find a girl with all these qualities and then more? Sorry buddy, but if they're THAT hot, they're typically either raging whores or they know they can get away with being a fricking psycho, and most likely they'll be both.

I hope you enjoy beating your meat in 6 months while she's getting absolutely railed by a bunch of other guys in the same bed you used to sleep in.
This post was edited on 12/1/16 at 8:25 am
Posted by zatetic
Member since Nov 2015
5677 posts
Posted on 12/1/16 at 8:08 am to
quote:

Also, I'm miserable. She's a beautiful girl, loving, caring, 100% trustworthy and loyal, but I dread coming home at night. I love being home alone, but when she's there I just need to get the frick

If you want kids and think she would make a good mother you may want to consider a man cave instead. It sounds like all that you really want is a man cave.
Posted by KLSU
Baton Rouge
Member since Sep 2003
10296 posts
quote:

Why? WTF? You just described a damn near perfect girl. Lemme guess...you think the grass is greener in the other pasture, right? You wanna frick other women? I hope you realize that fricking strangers, while fun at first, will get old fast and you'll sit around longing for the companionship you once had with this girl. If she's as pretty and great as you make her out to be, you'll be crawling back to her in 6 months. Think your depression is bad now, just wait when you're begging her to take you back and she refuses because she's moved on to more mature men. God help you.

Man you hit the nail on on the head and it took me awhile to figure this out as well glad I did before I lost her. She is the best thing that has happened to me and to lose a good woman like that because you want to have sex with other woman is just setting yourself up for emptiness.

Now if he just don't love the woman and he has have tried well that is the way it goes sometimes and he has to move on BUT he might figure out after 3-6 months that he really did love this person more than he thought.
Posted by LSUBoo
Knoxville, TN
Member since Mar 2006
101919 posts
quote:

She sounds hideous.
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 12/1/16 at 8:09 am to
Pics
Posted by TigerinKorea
Member since Aug 2014
8287 posts
Posted on 12/1/16 at 8:10 am to
I've been there. You have to do what you know is right for you. Screw what everybody else thinks you should do with your life.

Once it's over, you will feel like an enormous weight has been lifted from your shoulders.
Posted by ForeverLSU02
Albany
Member since Jun 2007
52147 posts
Don't be pissed when one of your buddies scoops her up with the quickness
Posted by Bluefin
The Banana Stand
Member since Apr 2011
13257 posts
quote:

Those qualities you listed initially are hard to find especially the more and more established you become in life.

If OP is in his mid-20's, he's got plenty of time. Especially if he lives in a bigger city.

quote:

Not saying your situation will end up like his but Good girls are really hard to find and most are trainable especially if they love the dog shite out of you.

If he's a genuinely good guy who treats girls right and takes care of himself, it shouldn't be hard to find a new girl that he can be happier with. OP shouldn't be doing this if he has any question about his confidence.
Posted by Cdawg
TigerFred's Living Room
Member since Sep 2003
59491 posts
Posted on 12/1/16 at 8:11 am to
quote:

She's a beautiful girl, loving, caring, 100% trustworthy and loyal, but I dread coming home at night.

You need to do what you think is best for you if you're misrable. Hopefully you're young enough that both can move on without serious problems. However, I'm just curious if she's all those things, what is it you dread so much?

No more sex? weight gain? she's stealing your cash? she burps out the alphabet?

4 years is a long time just to throw in the towel but my buddy has done it three times in a relationships over the 3 year period. He's mid 40's now and he's admitted he's regretted the first one he broke it off with. They were together about 5 years, had the ring but couldn't see himself getting married. Good luck
Posted by mizzoukills
Member since Aug 2011
40686 posts
quote:

its ok to be selfish and do whats right for you. Its ok to focus on yourself more rather than someone else

This is especially true for a bipolar person. Bipolar people are too obsessed with pleasing other people that they go way overboard and self destruct.

Bipolar people, more than anyone, need to focus strictly on making themselves successful and happy to boost their confidence before they commit to long term relationships.

They need to love themselves first because if they don't, they'll destroy every relationship with self doubt.
Posted by HazelMotes
at Sonic deescalating the situation
Member since Nov 2016
187 posts
Wow. 4 Years?? Why did it take you so long to figure this out? Are you opposed to the societal construct of marriage in general or just marriage to her specifically??
Jump to page
Page First 2 3 4 5 6 ... 27
Jump to page
first pageprev pagePage 4 of 27Next pagelast page

logoFollow TigerDroppings for LSU Football News
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram to get the latest updates on LSU Football and Recruiting.

FacebookTwitterInstagram