Started By
re: .

Posted on 4/19/13 at 2:01 pm to
Posted by Melvin
Member since Apr 2011
23535 posts
Posted on 4/19/13 at 2:01 pm to
quote:

No, we lost because our awesome QB threw more interceptions than Matty Choke. I have a chubby for Brees, but it was obvious the pressure of this season got to him eventually.
And the pressure of trying to carry the worst defense ever
Posted by blueslover
deeper than deep south
Member since Sep 2007
22792 posts
Posted on 4/19/13 at 2:02 pm to
sez more to me about how espn is the tmz of sports when a 3rd Rder makes the cover of your draft issue. Sensationalism and controversy sells! Forget thoughtful analysis or talk about the game. Let's focus on personalities and whatever brouhaha we can stir up.

Posted by Midget Death Squad
Meme Magic
Member since Oct 2008
24544 posts
Posted on 4/19/13 at 2:04 pm to
quote:

I hope he slips to us in the middle of the 3rd round

"slips" means he is projected to go higher, and being that he is projected in the 3-4 rd then it wouldn't be considered slipping to us.

regardless, the guy is a ton of baggage. i can give two shits about him blowin trees; that's on him. what concerns me is his complete lack of regard for the team and his selfishness. has he grown past that? i doubt it. anyone can hire a good pr person to help overcome a bad image, but it's not often you see someone with such self concerning issues change at that young of an age in such a short period of tim.

he is too much of a concern for even questionable nfl skills to begin with, so i am hoping that some other team takes a gamble on him so that we can focus on less troublesome players.

that is all i will say about matheiu. i have avoided the subject up until now, and unfortunately i have finally been suckered into the fray. i will not be fooled by you tricksy hobbitses again
Posted by SaintLSUnAtl
THE REAL MJ
Member since Jan 2007
22128 posts
Posted on 4/19/13 at 2:05 pm to
that's why i prefaced it with the part about people making up stuff. at this point he's being made out to be just a terrible person and worthless teammate. i just don't buy all of this.

i'd have no problem drafting him b/c i don't believe half of this stuff coming out
Posted by Brettesaurus Rex
Baton Rouge
Member since Dec 2009
38259 posts
quote:

How about the motivation of winning a national title. Bama was clearly the best team and anyone denying That is just lying to themselves.

I mean you can say that all you want, but there's a human element here.

I don't see how you can say Bama was clearly the better team. In the original matchup, LSU won..at their house. Bama was playing with house money by getting a redo. LSU couldn't care less IMO.
I know when I have to redo something I've out a lot of time and effort into, I might have half the motivation I did with the original time. I mean what was left to prove?

I'm arguing about things that don't matter anymore, but I still don't blame him.
Posted by St Augustine
The Pauper of the Surf
Member since Mar 2006
64197 posts
And below average play from the LT spot.
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 4/19/13 at 2:07 pm to
Blues, who cares if he's a 3rd rounder? He made the cover because of this

Posted by bountyhunter
North of Houston a bit
Member since Mar 2012
6330 posts
Posted on 4/19/13 at 2:10 pm to
quote:

And the pressure of trying to carry the worst defense ever

Probably, but the D didn't do that bad in that game. Comparatively, they improved up towards the end of the season (excluding the last game). There were a lot of things that were starting to fall apart leading into that 2nd Atlanta game. We lost to the Niners the week before. Brees had a rough game there, but I think what is taken for granted with our team is the relationship between Brees and Payton. He has a way to keep Brees motivated in a way that he always stays optimistic, no matter the comeback scenario (@Miami, 2009, @SF, 2011, bunch of times in 2006).

/end hijack.
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
It's not all that uncommon to see a team reach on a guy that might not be available. Especially when said player has first round talent. I honestly think he's one of the first 5 picks of the 3rd round so yeah...goin 10 spots down from that is a slip to me
Posted by St Augustine
The Pauper of the Surf
Member since Mar 2006
64197 posts
I don't know about that. You take the bad breaks with the good ones. We were basically given a NC in 07.

And we barely eeked out an overtime win at Bamas house while their kicker went full retard. They beat us in just about every aspect of the game handily. If the shoe was on the other foot we would've obviously claimed that we were likely the stronger team.

In the 2nd game in Louisiana we didn't cross the Godamn 50 yard line. They were obviously better.
Posted by bountyhunter
North of Houston a bit
Member since Mar 2012
6330 posts
Posted on 4/19/13 at 2:13 pm to
quote:

I don't know about that. You take the bad breaks with the good ones. We were basically given a NC in 07.

And we barely eeked out an overtime win at Bamas house while their kicker went full retard. They beat us in just about every aspect of the game handily. If the shoe was on the other foot we would've obviously claimed that we were likely the stronger team.

In the 2nd game in Louisiana we didn't cross the Godamn 50 yard line. They were obviously better.

That's hogwash bro. In the end, the only aspect of the game that matters are the points on the board. If your statement had any ounce of truth, we won the Alabama game this year and Nick Saban was given another NC this year.

They earned that sh*t, plain and simple. We earned the NC in '07, plain and simple.
This post was edited on 4/19/13 at 2:14 pm
Posted by SSHellfighter
Baton Rouge
Member since Jan 2013
836 posts
Posted on 4/19/13 at 2:13 pm to
ESPN is a joke.
Still, I'd pick TM7 in a heartbeat.
Especially if we move Ivory and add another pick..
Posted by Melvin
Member since Apr 2011
23535 posts
Posted on 4/19/13 at 2:18 pm to
quote:

Probably, but the D didn't do that bad in that game. Comparatively, they improved up towards the end of the season (excluding the last game). There were a lot of things that were starting to fall apart leading into that 2nd Atlanta game. We lost to the Niners the week before. Brees had a rough game there, but I think what is taken for granted with our team is the relationship between Brees and Payton. He has a way to keep Brees motivated in a way that he always stays optimistic, no matter the comeback scenario (@Miami, 2009, @SF, 2011, bunch of times in 2006).
Couldnt agree more. Was just adding to your statement
Posted by bigcobra
Saints Fan
Member since Nov 2008
1030 posts
Posted on 4/19/13 at 2:19 pm to
People need to take their homer glasses off. I like this guy a lot too, but he's got problems; mental/emotional. I'll be rooting for him, but it'll be interesting to see if he can stay out of of trouble/controversy for a ten year career.
Baton Rouge
Member since Dec 2009
38259 posts
Posted on 4/19/13 at 2:21 pm to
quote:

I don't think attempting multiple 40+ yard FGs, missing most and getting one blocked is outplaying LSU. LSU was on Bamas goal line right before the first half but time ran out. LSU could have (and should have been called) a TD in OT. IMO Bama was the one who got outplayed. They tried to get too cute.
Same reason Miles lost last year, he tried to get too cute and it backfired.
Posted by bigcobra
Saints Fan
Member since Nov 2008
1030 posts
Posted on 4/19/13 at 2:22 pm to
quote:

he tried to get too cute and it backfired

. The game was won if they play defense on the last drive.

This post was edited on 4/19/13 at 2:23 pm
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 4/19/13 at 2:24 pm to
I love it when LSU fans try and make excuses for miles, though I'm not sure which one is actually doing that. Being cute doesn't do it justice. 4 calls in one game entirely on miles that lost the game and then dot get me started on his well padded résumé of being a huge retard.
Baton Rouge
Member since Dec 2009
38259 posts
Posted on 4/19/13 at 2:30 pm to
The game would have been won before that had he played his cards even a little better.
Posted by HollierThanThou
Member since Jan 2012
6209 posts
Posted on 4/19/13 at 2:30 pm to
Tyrann strictly a slot corner or do you think he gets a look at FS? Obviously that depends on the drafting team's personnel, but I think I'd surely try him at safety and hope he has that Ed Reed hawk ability.
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 4/19/13 at 2:32 pm to
I think he is a better corner but unlike that bum Malcolm Jenkins he can play safety at a high level

I'm no scout, just an unabashed honey badger fan. I think a guy like rob Ryan will use him like a joker, basically like he was at lsu
This post was edited on 4/19/13 at 2:33 pm
first pageprev pagePage 2 of 5Next pagelast page

logoFollow TigerDroppings for LSU Football News
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram to get the latest updates on LSU Football and Recruiting.

FacebookTwitterInstagram