Started By
re: .

Posted on 4/19/13 at 2:32 pm to
Posted by HollierThanThou
Member since Jan 2012
6209 posts
Posted on 4/19/13 at 2:32 pm to
I think you play him where he has more ability to make big plays...and that would be safety.
Posted by mm2316
New Orleans Pelicans Fan
Member since Aug 2010
6942 posts
Posted on 4/19/13 at 2:33 pm to
quote:

What possible motivation could you have to do that all over again?

Uhhh... A National Championship?
Posted by Suntiger
BR or somewhere else
Member since Feb 2007
32956 posts
Posted on 4/19/13 at 2:34 pm to
quote:

And below average play from the LT spot.
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 4/19/13 at 2:35 pm to
Could be, I think he is a perfect fit for rob/Rex Ryan defense. Use him as a nickel corner and at safety to reek havoc. Have him roam, blitz, play man, zone. You can use him so many ways
Posted by GeauxCraigrz
Southern Louisiana
Member since Apr 2013
480 posts
Posted on 4/19/13 at 2:47 pm to
redos aren't much fun!

but as a Mathieu fan as well that is kinda disturbing. wonder if he will be able stay motivated...
Posted by HollierThanThou
Member since Jan 2012
6209 posts
Posted on 4/19/13 at 2:49 pm to
I agree. I hope he lands with a DC that understands how to utilize him rather than just plugging him into a spot.
Posted by F machine
Member since Jun 2009
11886 posts
Posted on 4/19/13 at 3:12 pm to
quote:

In the 2nd game in Louisiana we didn't cross the Godamn 50 yard line. They were obviously better.

Nah, man, it's just because we didn't give a shite. We didn't have the motivation of a national title or anything. It's kinda like if this season we beat Georgia during the regular season but still face them in the SEC title game. There's no reason for us to even play. In my mind, we are SEC champs no matter the outcome. That's just the way my boy the honey badger saw it. He was totally right. For this progressive way of thinking, I think we should trade up to the number 1 pick in the first round and draft him there. Why not? You have to take risks to win, right?
Posted by Sho Nuff
Oahu
Member since Feb 2009
11917 posts
Posted on 4/19/13 at 3:23 pm to
quote:

I don't think attempting multiple 40+ yard FGs, missing most and getting one blocked is outplaying LSU. LSU was on Bamas goal line right before the first half but time ran out. LSU could have (and should have been called) a TD in OT. IMO Bama was the one who got outplayed.

LSU also rushed for more yards than Bama. Is that an aspect of the game of football?

LSU won at Bama. The LSU D held Bama to trying 40+ yard FG's. And the other things mentioned here as well. People with this "Bama was better" bullshite can frick off. LSU played the better schedule and LSU beat fricking Bama at their house. Yet people want to give Bama credit for winning a fricking rematch/do-over/second chance/mulligan?

GTFO.
Posted by Sho Nuff
Oahu
Member since Feb 2009
11917 posts
Posted on 4/19/13 at 3:27 pm to
quote:

The game was won if they play defense on the last drive.

Ah, so you're of the theory that only the last minute of a game is all that matters? The other 59 minutes were just for show?

The D held Bama to 5 straight 3 and out's in the 2nd half.

Miles fricked that game with 4 ridiculous trick plays that were totally unnecessary. Miles also called a horrible TO right before half that actually helped Bama and gave them time to score a TD. And then Miles goes full pussy at the end of the game and instead of either punting or letting Mett go for it on 4th down, he pulls a Saban and tries a FG that we all knew the kicker couldn't make.

But yeah, you're right, it was the defense's fault.
Posted by F machine
Member since Jun 2009
11886 posts
Posted on 4/19/13 at 3:33 pm to
quote:

Yet people want to give Bama credit for winning a fricking rematch/do-over/second chance/mulligan?

I give LSU credit all day for beating Bama the first game, but why does it matter that the second one was a rematch? You act as if LSU didn't know what would happen if they lost. And you can bet your arse that team was trying to win. They knew what was at stake, unless the whole team was a bunch of idiots like the honey badger.
Posted by Mullen3:16
Nerlins, LA
Member since May 2012
4708 posts
Posted on 4/19/13 at 3:42 pm to
It would be a wasted pick if the Saints selected Honey Badger. He needs to get the hell out of Louisiana if he wants any chance at success.
Posted by TexanPete
Texas State University Alum
Member since Feb 2005
3023 posts
Posted on 4/19/13 at 3:53 pm to
quote:

Brettasaurus Rex

Well said.
Posted by Brettesaurus Rex
Baton Rouge
Member since Dec 2009
38259 posts
Posted on 4/19/13 at 4:01 pm to
quote:

but why does it matter that the second one was a rematch?

Because they didn't deserve to be there dude. They lost. This isn't the NFL with playoffs.

ESPN singlehandedly put them in the game because it fit their agenda. How can you not see how deflating that can be to LSU despite the chance for a title? if you get beat at home and dont even play in your own conference championship, I'm sorry but your arse is on the couch. Not getting a redo. Okie State should have been in the game, no argument about it. They were a hell of a lot closer to being undefeated than Bama was.
Posted by F machine
Member since Jun 2009
11886 posts
Posted on 4/19/13 at 4:05 pm to
quote:

Because they didn't deserve to be there dude. They lost. This isn't the NFL with playoffs.

ESPN singlehandedly put them in the game because it fit their agenda. How can you not see how deflating that can be to LSU despite the chance for a title? if you get beat at home and dont even play in your own conference championship, I'm sorry but your arse is on the couch. Not getting a redo. Okie State should have been in the game, no argument about it. They were a hell of a lot closer to being undefeated than Bama was.

None of this was LSU's choice. They should have just went and played and not worried about that. This isn't the first time a non-conference winner played in the title game.
Baton Rouge
Member since Dec 2009
38259 posts
Posted on 4/19/13 at 4:15 pm to
quote:

None of this was LSU's choice. They should have just went and played and not worried about that. This isn't the first time a non-conference winner played in the title game.

That's my point dude. It was completely out of their control. They go to Tuscaloosa and come out victorious in one of the most hard hitting games in recent history. And that meant absolutely nothing the moment Bama was let in the title game.

How is that so hard to understand?
This post was edited on 4/19/13 at 4:16 pm
Posted by St Augustine
The Pauper of the Surf
Member since Mar 2006
64197 posts
Posted on 4/19/13 at 4:17 pm to
quote:

SU won at Bama. The LSU D held Bama to trying 40+ yard FG's. And the other things mentioned here as well. People with this "Bama was better" bullshite can frick off. LSU played the better schedule and LSU beat fricking Bama at their house. Yet people want to give Bama credit for winning a fricking rematch/do-over/second chance/mulligan?

And we didn't belong on the field the second time. Take of the homer glasses dude. They were and still are the dominant program.
Posted by F machine
Member since Jun 2009
11886 posts
Posted on 4/19/13 at 4:18 pm to
Posted by St Augustine
The Pauper of the Surf
Member since Mar 2006
64197 posts
Posted on 4/19/13 at 4:26 pm to
quote:

ESPN singlehandedly put them in the game because it fit their agenda.

they were put in the game because they were by far the best remaining team in the country
Baton Rouge
Member since Dec 2009
38259 posts
Posted on 4/19/13 at 4:29 pm to
Disagree Okie State should have been in.
Posted by St Augustine
The Pauper of the Surf
Member since Mar 2006
64197 posts
Posted on 4/19/13 at 4:39 pm to
Right because we would've easily beaten them. Bama would've been a 14 point favorite over ok state.
first pageprev pagePage 3 of 5Next pagelast page

logoFollow TigerDroppings for LSU Football News
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram to get the latest updates on LSU Football and Recruiting.

FacebookTwitterInstagram