re: .

Posted on 7/29/14 at 1:32 pm to
Posted by TbirdSpur2010
ALAMO CITY
Member since Dec 2010
134026 posts
Posted on 7/29/14 at 1:32 pm to
quote:

you're a young/ISH, black male (from what I've gathered)First Take is tailor made for you.

Oh please

I happened to start watching that show during last year's Finals because Skip Bayless was one of the few in the national media championing my Spurs. And even then with the full knowledge that both Skip and SAS are doing schticks.

Tailor made for me? Come on, now. Way off base with that one
Posted by Goldrush25
San Diego, CA
Member since Oct 2012
33794 posts
Posted on 7/29/14 at 1:39 pm to
Yeah, this topic's entertainment value expired a long time ago. He's just trying to milk it with comments like that.
Posted by Mr. Hangover
New Orleans
Member since Sep 2003
34507 posts
Posted on 7/29/14 at 1:53 pm to
quote:

except they don't. It used to be every highlight of every game from the big 4...essentially they do this, but you have to make time for debate sessions and personalities to get their time, etc. so while some games get highlights, a lot of "less meaningful" games get a 2 second clip and a score.

Well said...

And the fact that they only cater to the 'big' teams really pisses me off... I haven't seen an ounce of coverage on the Saints since training camp started
Posted by TheMadeMan
Member since Jul 2014
331 posts
Posted on 7/29/14 at 2:35 pm to
I hate ESPN. Bama fans love it because they are biased and don't really care by hiring all these biased jackholes like Finescum and McElroy. ESPN is the reason LSU got fricked in 2011.
Posted by sms151t
Polos, Porsches, Ponies..PROBATION
Member since Aug 2009
139838 posts
Posted on 7/29/14 at 3:44 pm to
I guess people like it for the same reason people hate it, it's something to discuss or be entertained by.

I find it odd that the people who "hate" espn sure seem to know what topic and what each commentator said about the topic verbatim as soon as it's said. Then they post it and discuss it in context.
Posted by QJenk
Atl, Ga
Member since Jan 2013
15262 posts
Posted on 7/29/14 at 4:07 pm to
I watch ESPN because I eat, sleep and breathe sports. One of my favorite things to talk about is sports. ESPN is entertaining. I like hearing other guys opinion on different things related to sports. And I like to rebuttal with my own opinion. Sure, not everyone will be right 100% of the time. Alot of the time the folks on there just sound retarded, but I love it.

ESPN is all I watch mostly. You can have your reality shows, your singing shows, your Walking Dead, etc etc. Just put my channel on ESPN and I am fine.
Posted by QJenk
Atl, Ga
Member since Jan 2013
15262 posts
Posted on 7/29/14 at 4:36 pm to
I watch ESPN for the same reason I post on this board. I know 95% of the posters/talking heads are dumbasses. But its entertaining, and gives me something to do.
Posted by Dharma Initiative
Fox River State Penitentiary
Member since Feb 2013
139 posts
Posted on 7/29/14 at 4:46 pm to
Here's a reason I hate ESPN. Anyone notice the problem with this picture?
Posted by MusicMaster
Baton Rouge
Member since Jun 2012
1362 posts
Posted on 7/29/14 at 5:29 pm to
quote:

Here's a reason I hate ESPN. Anyone notice the problem with this picture?

I see no problem.
Posted by QJenk
Atl, Ga
Member since Jan 2013
15262 posts
Posted on 7/29/14 at 6:26 pm to
How dare ESPN illustrate a stat in football. The nerve of them!
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Jump to page
first pageprev pagePage 8 of 8Next pagelast page
refresh

logoFollow TigerDroppings for LSU Football News
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram to get the latest updates on LSU Football and Recruiting.

FacebookTwitterInstagram