just go with x79 or wait until the new chips are out
I'd basically have to do that if I go x79 on the motherboard, right? That puts me at a 3930K for the processor which is $499.99 on sale plus an expensive motherboard. The 3930K doesn't seem to be that great of a performer to justify using it just as a bridge to Haswell at that price.
Wait for Haswell? With no preliminary dates let alone a firm one I don't know if I have the patience. We'll see.
This post was edited on 1/11 at 6:41 pm