When I texted the wife (MHNBPF) that I was on my way home tonight, she texted back that she was making shrimp and grits and that if I liked I could be her assistant (Sou Chef). I said OK and here is how it went. I think her recipe is a little different from mine.
- 2 servings cooked grits (about 1 1/2 cups dry measure stone ground grits cooked in half water half milk with a dash of salt.
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup cubed Conecuh Sausage
- 2 Tablespoons diced green onions
- 2 Tablespoons diced green pepper
- 2 Tablespoons diced onion
- 20 +- medium to large shrimp (raw peeled)
- 2 Tablespoons white wine
- 1 cup Heavy whipping cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Creole Seasoning for shrimp and in finished dish
- Green onion tops or chopped parsley
Cook grits to package directions except use half water and half milk. Season to taste. Set aside and leep warm
Peel shrimp and season with creole seasoning. Set aside until they get happy
Heat oil in saute pan. Cook off cubed sausage then add vegetables and saute until tender.
Add shrimp and wine
and cook until they pick up some color
Add the heavy cream
And cook for a minute or two to let everyone get happy.
The wife was unhappy with the consistency of her sauce, so she removed the shrimp and reduced the sauce.
On the table Shrimps over Grits.
This post was edited on 5/8 at 10:00 pm