Started By
re: .

Posted on 2/22/16 at 11:46 am to
Posted by drake20
Baton Rouge
Member since Oct 2005
13123 posts
Posted on 2/22/16 at 11:46 am to
If you should be in by the rules, you should be in...but why did ESPN put OG in. Doesn't add up.
Posted by TheSexecutioner
Member since Mar 2011
5254 posts
Posted on 2/22/16 at 11:50 am to
quote:

If you should be in by the rules, you should be in...but why did ESPN put OG in. Doesn't add up.

I agree. The only thing I can think is that they broke the tie between the 3 to get 1 in. THEN went back to head to head. But the rules very, very, clearly say that is not the protocol.

As per the rules, OG Money is very clearly eliminated. Albeit on an arbitrary deference to the 2nd tiebreaker for no logical reason. However, while arbitrary, its very clearly stated in the rules that everybody was playing by.
This post was edited on 2/22/16 at 11:54 am
Posted by Coach D
Member since Oct 2010
1735 posts
Posted on 2/22/16 at 11:52 am to
quote:

I'll admit I failed Math 1111 twice, but you coming up with a formula to try to get more money back ain't happening.

I'll admit this whole situation is a clusterfrick. But if I'm out I want my money back plus pain and suffering. My formula says I get $2,562.

If the playoff teams change after the fact... that's just too much for my emotions... seems like I'm entitled to 2562 - 50 since I'm still in race. So at least $2,512.
Posted by TigerTatorTots
The Safeshore
Member since Jul 2009
80852 posts
Posted on 2/22/16 at 12:00 pm to
Commish should contact ESPN for an explanation prior to any decision being made
Posted by Gtothemoney
Da North Shore
Member since Sep 2012
17715 posts
Posted on 2/22/16 at 12:03 pm to
Good luck with that. I emailed both commissioners 6 weeks ago 30 seconds after I added the wrong guy to my team. I'm still waiting for a response.
Member since Mar 2011
5254 posts
Posted on 2/22/16 at 12:05 pm to
quote:

Commish should contact ESPN for an explanation prior to any decision being made

Yeh definitely. But unless ESPN posted a version of their tie breaking algorithm accessible to the league to see, that doesn't address the root of the problem. The rules are clearly stated there and that's(to my knowledge), 100% of what we had to go by. Unless y'all had a conversation about changing the rules that I was not privy to, I don't see how anybody can claim those don't have OG Money out.

It also notes that if the league is unsatisfied with the playoff procedures, the league manager can change him. So perhaps he did that. But if he did not notify anybody, than those should be changed back IMO.
Posted by CQQ
Member since Feb 2006
17048 posts
Posted on 2/22/16 at 12:06 pm to
Darryl,
Where did you pull that from?

I'm looking on my phone and I see the following:

quote:

In the event that two or more teams have the same winning percentage at the conclusion of the regular season, and have NOT played the same number of head-to-head games between them, the following tiebreaking system determines seed:

1. Overall record
2. Division record
3. Coin flip

That's under 'Playoff Settings' which I think is ESPN's standard.

OG was a combined 3-0 against DJ/Ice
Ice was a combined 1-2 against DJ/OG
DJ was a combined 0-2 against OG/Ice

This post was edited on 2/22/16 at 12:12 pm
Posted by TigerTatorTots
The Safeshore
Member since Jul 2009
80852 posts
Posted on 2/22/16 at 12:10 pm to
That is what we found by searching google. I've been posting in here to try to get you or the other co-commish to go into the settings and post what our league actually is.

If that is from our league settings, thank you for doing so. Case closed now.
This post was edited on 2/22/16 at 12:11 pm
Member since Mar 2011
5254 posts
Posted on 2/22/16 at 12:11 pm to
Ideally, this should be handled by tonight. Vanilla is still gonna be really pissed if he gets hosed out of the playoffs. He paid $50 to play, not as an investment. Plus, he condifed to me he is positive his team would roll to the championship over your sorry squads.

But I think ya'll can see the obvious reasons why he would demand his $50 dollars back if he gets kept out in non-accordance with the posted rules. He can't tell y'all how to run your league, and can not play next year if he doest think y'all do it right. But that's incredibly unethical to keep his money and adds insult to injury on the hose job.
Posted by Nonetheless
Luka doncic = goat
Member since Jan 2012
33030 posts
Posted on 2/22/16 at 12:12 pm to
Oh shite

Popkern
Posted by TigerTatorTots
The Safeshore
Member since Jul 2009
80852 posts
quote:

Plus, he condifed to me he is positive his team would roll to the championship over your sorry squads.
Kind of like he lost last week right?

Ice was 0-2 against me. I take pride knowing I kept him out the playoffs.
Member since Mar 2011
5254 posts
quote:

If that is from our league settings, thank you for doing so. Case closed now.

They aren't in the same division? Why would they compare division records of teams in different divisions?
Posted by Gtothemoney
Da North Shore
Member since Sep 2012
17715 posts
Posted on 2/22/16 at 12:14 pm to
quote:

That's under 'Playoff Settings' which I think is ESPN's standard. OG was a combined 3-0 against DJ/Ice Ice was a combined 1-2 against DJ/OG DJ was a combined 0-2 against OG/Ice Darryl should be out, Ice in

This was my argument to entire time. I swept ice and beat DJ. How could I be out?
Posted by CQQ
Member since Feb 2006
17048 posts
Posted on 2/22/16 at 12:15 pm to
Yeah, that is from LM Tools, Edit League Settings, Playoff Bracket Setup (Edit), Playoff Settings

I just backed out of LM Tools and did the same thing and I can see it. You guys can't?
Posted by dj30
New Orleans
Member since Feb 2006
28747 posts
Posted on 2/22/16 at 12:15 pm to
Posted by Nonetheless
Luka doncic = goat
Member since Jan 2012
33030 posts
Posted on 2/22/16 at 12:17 pm to
This decision effects me too bro
Posted by TigerTatorTots
The Safeshore
Member since Jul 2009
80852 posts
Posted on 2/22/16 at 12:17 pm to
quote:

They aren't in the same division? Why would they compare division records of teams in different divisions?

Ask ESPN. Who knows
Member since Mar 2011
5254 posts
Posted on 2/22/16 at 12:18 pm to
So we were expected to know that you had changed the rules from the ESPN standard to the most arbitrary, ridiculous tiebreaker ever that used division record instead of points to break a tie between 2 teams from a different division?

You didn't think that needed to be posted? Are you serious? No, we can't see that. And as we were not explained your absolutely ridiculous, non-intuitive rules change, Vanilla Ice definitely demands his money back.
Posted by TigerTatorTots
The Safeshore
Member since Jul 2009
80852 posts
Posted on 2/22/16 at 12:19 pm to
Obviously he didn't change it this year. It was likely changed 4 years ago when the league was created.

Because the rule was note changed while you were in this league, or even this year, I vote NO on money refund.
Member since Mar 2011
5254 posts
Posted on 2/22/16 at 12:19 pm to
quote:

Ask ESPN. Who knows

I don't think ESPN set it like that. ESPN's rules were posted earlier. It said the league manager had the power to change the rules. It looks like he has. The thing he is referencing to us is under an "edit league settings" tab accessible only to the manager.
first pageprev pagePage 82 of 114Next pagelast page

logoFollow TigerDroppings for LSU Football News
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram to get the latest updates on LSU Football and Recruiting.

FacebookTwitterInstagram