Started By
re: .

Posted on 2/22/16 at 12:21 pm to
Posted by CQQ
Member since Feb 2006
17048 posts

Under settings and playoff brackets setup, the seeding tie breaker is H2H. If you click the ? next to it, this is what pops up.

This post was edited on 2/22/16 at 12:22 pm
Posted by TheSexecutioner
Member since Mar 2011
5253 posts
quote:

Obviously he didn't change it this year. It was likely changed 4 years ago when the league was created.

Because the rule was note changed while you were in this league, or even this year, I vote NO on money refund.

So somebody joins the league and you don't think explaining the rules is important to them? You don't think that its reasonable for them to assume the ESPN default was being used? They should have known it was plausible that the League Manager would make division record rather than points the tiebreaker between 2 teams in different divisions?
Posted by CQQ
Member since Feb 2006
17048 posts
Posted on 2/22/16 at 12:22 pm to
Would you shut the frick up for 5 minutes
Posted by Coach D
Member since Oct 2010
1735 posts
Posted on 2/22/16 at 12:23 pm to
If he had an issue with the league, he shouldn't have joined in the first place. If he didn't know rules and joined before asking... he's even more ignorant than I have been led to believe.
Posted by TigerTatorTots
The Safeshore
Member since Jul 2009
80852 posts
Posted on 2/22/16 at 12:24 pm to
quote:

So somebody joins the league and you don't think explaining the rules is important to them? You don't think that its reasonable for them to assume the ESPN default was being used? They should have known it was plausible that the League Manager would make division record rather than points the tiebreaker between 2 teams in different divisions?

Sure, but the playoff seeding changes ABSOLUTELY NOTHING with the results of your team. If this was an issue surrounding points for different categories and number of starts, then you would have a case. However, since fully understanding this rule would have changed nothing with how your team performed, it shouldnt result in any alterations.
This post was edited on 2/22/16 at 12:26 pm
Posted by Gtothemoney
Da North Shore
Member since Sep 2012
17715 posts
Posted on 2/22/16 at 12:25 pm to
quote:

PLAYOFF SEEDING AND TIE-BREAKERS (Custom Leagues) When your league converts into playoff mode the system automatically generates a seed for each team in the league based on the regular season results. .
[
This post was edited on 2/22/16 at 12:26 pm
Posted by CQQ
Member since Feb 2006
17048 posts
Posted on 2/22/16 at 12:26 pm to
I'm guessing having 3 teams with the same winning % fricked it all up, no idea.

The tiebreaker is H2H.

Darryl didn't beat OG or Ice, I can't see how he should be in. frick
Posted by Nonetheless
Luka doncic = goat
Member since Jan 2012
33030 posts
Posted on 2/22/16 at 12:30 pm to
Pop

Kern
Posted by TigerTatorTots
The Safeshore
Member since Jul 2009
80852 posts
I support the commish's final decision. If the rule you posted means Darryl should not be in, then I support you making the executive decision to follow the rule. It all depended on what our league settings were. REach out to ESPN for an explaination
Member since Mar 2011
5253 posts
quote:

Sure, but the playoff seeding changes ABSOLUTELY NOTHING with the results of your team. If this was an issue surrounding points for different categories and number of starts, then you would have a case. However, since this rule would have changed nothing with how your team performed, it shouldnt result in any alterations.

No not necessarily. If he had known that he HAD to win, he would have been even more persistent with the trades. He allowed himself to get slightly ripped off in the long run by trading Whiteside for Gortat because he needed the games. He shopped Cousins and Rondo out to a couple of teams for slightly inferior players. If he knew it was absolutely win or your out, he would have sent even more trade-partner friendly offers from Cousins and Rondo, who had 1 game schedules. Also, he could have gotten a 6th game on Saturday by dropping a player he wanted to keep. He lost by 6.

He made a calculation on how to play this week based on balancing the importance of his win on him making the playoffs and maximizing his roster for the playoffs. That was based on the chance that a Lobos loss got him in.
Posted by Coach D
Member since Oct 2010
1735 posts
Posted on 2/22/16 at 12:31 pm to
quote:

Also, he could have gotten a 6th game on Saturday by dropping a player he wanted to keep. He lost by 6.

YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME
Posted by CQQ
Member since Feb 2006
17048 posts
Posted on 2/22/16 at 12:32 pm to
Can anyone navigate to the site on mobile and tell me if you can go to League Settings, look to the right at Playoff Bracket Setup and click the ? next to it?
Posted by dj30
New Orleans
Member since Feb 2006
28747 posts
Posted on 2/22/16 at 12:33 pm to
Head to head is the tie breaker, but the rule clearly states the number of games played have to be equal.
Posted by CQQ
Member since Feb 2006
17048 posts
Posted on 2/22/16 at 12:36 pm to
Unfortunately, I think you're right.
Member since Mar 2011
5253 posts
Posted on 2/22/16 at 12:39 pm to
OK, so if it goes to points instead, OG Money is out. Vanilla Ice has more points than him.
Posted by Gtothemoney
Da North Shore
Member since Sep 2012
17715 posts
Posted on 2/22/16 at 12:43 pm to
frick that. If ESPN automatically determines playoff seeding based on results on the regular season, and shows me in the playoffs based on that, I would like an explanation on why I'm out. No one went into league settings and manipulated any settings.
Posted by TigerTatorTots
The Safeshore
Member since Jul 2009
80852 posts
Posted on 2/22/16 at 12:52 pm to
My suggestion...

Ice, OG, and Darryl all continue to play as if you are in the playoffs right now.

CQQ reaches out to ESPN for an explanation

CQQ can adjust the matchups if needed after the discussion with ESPN

Member since Mar 2011
5253 posts
Posted on 2/22/16 at 12:58 pm to
quote:

frick that. If ESPN automatically determines playoff seeding based on results on the regular season, and shows me in the playoffs based on that, I would like an explanation on why I'm out. No one went into league settings and manipulated any settings.

I certainly don't blame you for that

This whole thing is obviously weird.
Member since Mar 2011
5253 posts
Posted on 2/22/16 at 1:00 pm to
quote:

My suggestion...

Ice, OG, and Darryl all continue to play as if you are in the playoffs right now.

CQQ reaches out to ESPN for an explanation

CQQ can adjust the matchups if needed after the discussion with ESPN

I know it sounds ridiculous, but if the 3 and 4 seed could play each other and the 5,6,and 7 have a 3 way play in, that could possibly be a solution. I think theres eough parity that neither the 3 or 4 is getting completely screwed by their opponent being changed. Would it even be possible to manually finagle that?

I can honestly say, although Vanilla Ice certainly wouldn't be above sending y'all off with some good natured Sour Graping, this is not a case of somebody getting pissed they lost and throwing a fit. He was legitimately sure he was in based on the results and rules.
This post was edited on 2/22/16 at 1:05 pm
Posted by Gtothemoney
Da North Shore
Member since Sep 2012
17715 posts
Posted on 2/22/16 at 1:05 pm to
quote:

CONVERSION TO PLAYOFF MODFIRST ROUND BYES (0-6) The number of teams which have BYEs in the first-round in the Playoff Bracket.

CONVERSION TO PLAYOFF MODE
At this time the system looks at the Regular Season results, determines the league's playoff seeds (breaking ties if necessary) and generates all the first-round playoffs matchups. When a league converts into playoff mode these two pages become available:

1 - View Playoffs: Available from League Office this is the main Playoff page. It displays each round's matchup (and results) in both the Winner's Bracket and Consolation Ladder.
2 - Edit Playoffs (League Managers only) Available from LM Tools this page allows your league manager to manually edit any matchup (and results) during the playoffs.

IMPORTANT NOTE : This page is the master page for ALL edits to playoff matchups/results. ANY manual scoring adjustments (either before or during the playoffs) will NOT change where each team is placed in the playoffs. To this point, you should use the page if you want to set your own seeds or playoff game tiebreaker rules.

The system will automatically process the entire playoffs - based on the League Settings described above and specifics listed below - without your League Manager having to edit anything. However the League Manager has the ultimate power to edit each playoff matchup (and winner) by placing the any team wherever they want in the bracket. This said, each League Manager should carefully examine the View Playoffs page and use the Edit Playoffs page to make any necessary adjustments before the first-round of the playoffs begin. a league converts into playoff mode these two pages become available:
1 - View Playoffs: Available from League Office this is the main Playoff page. It displays each round's matchup (and results) in both the Winner's Bracket and Consolation Ladder.
2 - Edit Playoffs (League Managers only) Available from LM Tools this page allows your league manager to manually edit any matchup (and results) during the playoffs.

IMPORTANT NOTE : This page is the master page for ALL edits to playoff matchups/results. ANY manual scoring adjustments (either before or during the playoffs) will NOT change where each team is placed in the playoffs. To this point, you should use the page if you want to set your own seeds or playoff game tiebreaker rules. The system will automatically process the entire playoffs - based on the League Settings described above and specifics listed below - without your League Manager having to edit anything. However the League Manager has the ultimate power to edit each playoff matchup (and winner) by placing the any team wherever they want in the bracket. This said, each League Manager should carefully examine the View Playoffs page and use the Edit Playoffs page to make any necessary adjustments before the first-round of the playoffs begin.

These are the rules from ESPN. The playoff matchups are automatically set UNLESS the commissioner goes in and manipulates settings manually, which he DID NOT DO.

This post was edited on 2/22/16 at 1:09 pm
first pageprev pagePage 83 of 114Next pagelast page

logoFollow TigerDroppings for LSU Football News
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram to get the latest updates on LSU Football and Recruiting.

FacebookTwitterInstagram