Started By
re: .

Posted on 2/21/16 at 10:44 pm to
Posted by dj30
New Orleans
Member since Feb 2006
28729 posts
Posted on 2/21/16 at 10:44 pm to
I guess we will see tomorrow. Based on my interpretation of the rules, I am the 5th seen and Ice is the 6th seed.
Posted by TheSexecutioner
Member since Mar 2011
5253 posts
Posted on 2/22/16 at 4:19 am to
How is Reggie Jackson Pain Train out? There are 3 teams at 8-8. If you go by head to head, it goes OG Money>RJPT>King James. If it goes by points, it goes King James>RJPT>OG Money.

The tiebreaker is listed as head to head record. RJPT is 1-0 against King James. OG Money is also 2-0 against King James. King James should be out. And even if it deferred to points in a 3 way tie, OG Money would be out. There is no scenario where RJPT should be out.

what is the deal?
Posted by dj30
New Orleans
Member since Feb 2006
28729 posts
Posted on 2/22/16 at 7:08 am to
No clue, unless it switched back to head to head after I got in.
Posted by Nonetheless
Luka doncic = goat
Member since Jan 2012
33005 posts
Posted on 2/22/16 at 7:27 am to
Gtfo
Posted by Coach D
Member since Oct 2010
1734 posts
Posted on 2/22/16 at 7:36 am to
Last week didn't have a 35 game limit? Did we not adhere to that rule because it was 8 days?
Posted by dj30
New Orleans
Member since Feb 2006
28729 posts
Posted on 2/22/16 at 7:59 am to
Its always been double for all star week.
Posted by TigerTatorTots
The Safeshore
Member since Jul 2009
80798 posts
Posted on 2/22/16 at 8:07 am to
Last week was a 70 game limit bc it was over 2 weeks
Posted by TigerTatorTots
The Safeshore
Member since Jul 2009
80798 posts
Posted on 2/22/16 at 8:07 am to
Hahahah just noticed Vanilla missed the playoffs
Posted by Coach D
Member since Oct 2010
1734 posts
Posted on 2/22/16 at 8:30 am to
Gotcha, Didn't make any difference to me. I stayed at 35 and still was a top 3 scorer. Lol

Plus win or loss... I was getting the 1 seed and bye week. Now two weeks of BLAH.
Member since Mar 2011
5253 posts
Posted on 2/22/16 at 8:31 am to
This is bullshite of the highest order that Vanilla is not in. It's fricked up, arbitrary rules that nobody knows and they don't even bother to post them. What was posted(that head to head is the tiebreaker) gets him in. Whether points or tiebreaker, he is in.

Applying some fricked up rules system that makes no sense without telling everybody(and in fact the opposite being advertised) is total chicken shite.

The teams were all told that the tiebreaker is head-to-head. King James was beaten head to head by both teams he was tied with. He should be behind Vanilla Ice.
This post was edited on 2/22/16 at 8:32 am
Posted by Nonetheless
Luka doncic = goat
Member since Jan 2012
33005 posts
Posted on 2/22/16 at 8:38 am to
R u gay with him?
Posted by Nonetheless
Luka doncic = goat
Member since Jan 2012
33005 posts
Posted on 2/22/16 at 8:41 am to
What About the arbitrary rule that had my trade vetoed?
Member since Mar 2011
5253 posts
Posted on 2/22/16 at 8:46 am to
He's banned so I'm posting for him. This is real money people paid. Incredibly unethical by the league manager to come up with arbitrary rules that make no sense that weren't explained to anybody.

Vanilla paid $50 and made the playoffs based on the rules that were posted. Point to anywhere that explains he would be out based on what happened. All teams playing in the league were led to believe head to head was tiebreaker(a tiebreaker he pointed out was stupid in his opinion but was still playing based on). James has no right to be in.

Not caring about hosing him out of his money just because he doesn't use Master's audience etiquette on a fantasy basketball message board is bullshite.
Member since Mar 2011
5253 posts
Posted on 2/22/16 at 8:51 am to
quote:

What About the arbitrary rule that had my trade vetoed?

Lopsided trades being vetoed is not an arbitrary rule. Virtually every fantasy league has that. A team with losses to BOTH teams he was tied with getting in when the tiebreaker clearly states head-to-head is bullshite. Going to points when the head-to-head is completely sufficient to break the tie and then going back to head to head after the team who should have been eliminated in the first place somehow clinches is as arbitrary as it gets.

Your trade was vetoed because people thought Kevin Durant for 2 scrubs wasn't even bordering on fair. That's not arbitrary. You just don't agree with the reasoning. Vanilla didn't agree with head to head being tiebreaker, but he was still playing by the rules.
Posted by dj30
New Orleans
Member since Feb 2006
28729 posts
Posted on 2/22/16 at 9:19 am to
quote:

The teams were all told that the tiebreaker is head-to-head

The rules clearly state the number of games between opponents have to be equal. Vanilla knew what was up, thats why,he was making adds like a mad man. He was trying to keep up with your boy but he couldnt. Tell him he needs to step his game up if he wants to take me down next year.
Posted by Gtothemoney
Da North Shore
Member since Sep 2012
17715 posts
Posted on 2/22/16 at 9:36 am to
One I thing I'll admit is fricked up is not ever know the true playoff scenarios. One of the awol commissioners shoulda have taken 10 minutes of their time and clarify that.

That being said, WORD TO YOUR MOTHER frickING MOTHER VANILLI FGT.
Member since Mar 2011
5253 posts
Posted on 2/22/16 at 9:40 am to
quote:

Vanilla knew what was up, thats why,he was making adds like a mad man. He was trying to keep up with your boy but he couldnt.

Because it was said that a 3 way tie would go to points. So he was trying to either win or beat you in points. He did not know that Los Lobos would get beat until the last day and Lobos had him beat on points. Once Los Lobos lost, his win should have been a moot point. Like you said yesterday.

Additionally, if Lobos would not have gotten beat, there would have been no clear hierarchy of head-to-head I believe. 3 way A beat B beat C beat A triangles would necessitate that the next tiebreaker be used. So of course he was trying like hell to win/accumulate points for a potential tiebreaker. But he still should be in based on the stated rules as of Lobos loss. Unless I'm ignorant to where the tiebreaker was stated to be something other than head to head.
This post was edited on 2/22/16 at 9:50 am
Member since Mar 2011
5253 posts
Posted on 2/22/16 at 9:42 am to
quote:

The rules clearly state the number of games between opponents have to be equal.

Link? If they indeed state that, and that in the absence of equal games, it goes to points. But that it reverts back to head to head at any point that a team advances based on the points. If it says that, then Vanilla Ice definitely has no case. Just shitty luck that he fell victim to such terribly arbitrary and non-intuitive rules but definitely not unfair. Everybody could have educated themselves to that risk beforehand. Can you show me where the rules clearly state that?

Otherwise, this is total chicken shite, and he should be refunded his money if he is going to be withheld from the playoffs in lack of accordance with the rules.
This post was edited on 2/22/16 at 9:46 am
Posted by dj30
New Orleans
Member since Feb 2006
28729 posts
Posted on 2/22/16 at 10:16 am to
quote:

PLAYOFF SEEDING AND TIE-BREAKERS (Custom Leagues)
When your league converts into playoff mode the system automatically generates a seed for each team in the league based on the regular season results. The seeds determine where the system places each team in the playoffs. The primary factors which determine seeds are:
1. Division Winner(s)
2. Winning Percentage
In the event that two or more teams have the same winning percentage at the conclusion of the Regular Season, and have played the same number of Head-to-Head games between them, the following tie-breaking system determines the seed:
1 - Overall record *
2 - Head-to-head record
3 - Overall points (H2H Points League only)
4 - Division record
5 - Overall points-against (H2H Points League only)
6 - Coin Flip
* NOTE: Overall record is based on winning percentage. Therefore, a team that has more losses than another team might have the same winning percentage.
In the event that two or more teams have the same winning percentage at the conclusion of the Regular Season, and have not played the same number of Head-to-Head games between them, the following tie-breaking system determines seed:

1 - Overall record
2 - Overall points (H2H Points League only)
3 - Division record
4 - Overall points-against (H2H Points League only)
5 - Coin Flip
NOTE: If your league's rules do not agree with the system tiebreaker rules described above the playoff seeds can easily be changed by the League Manager. To edit the playoff seeds/bracket simply go to the Playoff Matchups page and click on the "Edit" link.

Posted by Nonetheless
Luka doncic = goat
Member since Jan 2012
33005 posts
Posted on 2/22/16 at 10:35 am to
Link to rules saying what trade is veto able?

Or is it just a matter opinion? Meaning its arbitrary
first pageprev pagePage 80 of 114Next pagelast page

logoFollow TigerDroppings for LSU Football News
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram to get the latest updates on LSU Football and Recruiting.

FacebookTwitterInstagram