Started By
re: .

Posted on 2/22/16 at 10:46 am to
Posted by Coach D
Member since Oct 2010
1734 posts
Posted on 2/22/16 at 10:46 am to
This another one of his Alters? RA'd possible Alter. Dudes come in here crying cuz they 8-8 and want in the playoffs. You want a trophy bro? We all get trophy's now I guess.
Posted by TheSexecutioner
Member since Mar 2011
5253 posts
Posted on 2/22/16 at 10:53 am to
quote:

In the event that two or more teams have the same winning percentage at the conclusion of the Regular Season, and have not played the same number of Head-to-Head games between them, the following tie-breaking system determines seed:

1 - Overall record
2 - Overall points (H2H Points League only)

This is incredibly clear. Like you said yesterday, Vanilla should be in and OG Money should be out. 2 or more teams have the same winning percentage at the conclusion of the regular season and do not have the same head to heads. Therefore, overall points seeds the teams. It says absolutely nothing about then reverting back to head to head.

Those rules absolutely do not eliminate Vanilla Ice. If you are not going to change the playoffs, Vanilla Ice wants his money back.
Member since Mar 2011
5253 posts
Posted on 2/22/16 at 10:55 am to
quote:

This another one of his Alters? RA'd possible Alter.

what a hero. Thanks for protecting everybody!!! I have over 4000 posts and have been posting for 6 years. I'm not an alter. I do know Vanilla ice IRL.
Posted by dj30
New Orleans
Member since Feb 2006
28729 posts
Posted on 2/22/16 at 10:55 am to
CQQ going to have to rule on this or we contact ESPN.
Posted by TigerTatorTots
The Safeshore
Member since Jul 2009
80798 posts
Posted on 2/22/16 at 11:02 am to
quote:

Applying some fricked up rules system that makes no sense without telling everybody(and in fact the opposite being advertised) is total chicken shite.

Chill out Vanilla. None of us knew the real tiebreaker. We were just searching what was standard for ESPN.

I asked the commish a couple times to go into settings and post what the tiebreaker is but commish isn't active anymore.
Member since Mar 2011
5253 posts
Posted on 2/22/16 at 11:05 am to
quote:

Link to rules saying what trade is veto able?

Or is it just a matter opinion? Meaning its arbitrary

arbitrary: based on random choice or personal whim, rather than any reason or system.

You are confused on what arbitrary means. It has nothing to do with having an opinion. America can nuke Russia because, in our opinion, they are a threat to Democracy. That doesn't make it arbitrary, it was directed at Russia for a reason, that, of course, was based on the opinion of the people launching the rocket.

The reason for the veto was that, in many other's opinion, the trade was so lopsided and lacked consideration such that it ruined. You can disagree with the reason. It wasn't arbitrary. Whatever ridiculous stretch of the imagination rules that were applied to seed the 5, 6, and 7 the way they are is completely arbitrary. There is no parallel here between arbitrary like you are fishing for.

Randomly vetoing a Damian Lilliard for for Kawhi Leonard trade while acknowledging they are equal players would be arbitrary.
Posted by Gtothemoney
Da North Shore
Member since Sep 2012
17715 posts
Posted on 2/22/16 at 11:08 am to
That playoffs are set. frick that. I'm sure ESPN has taken into account all asterisks and footnotes before they seeded the teams according to the rules.
Posted by TigerTatorTots
The Safeshore
Member since Jul 2009
80798 posts
Posted on 2/22/16 at 11:09 am to
I love it when people ask for their money back when they don't get their way
Posted by Gtothemoney
Da North Shore
Member since Sep 2012
17715 posts
Posted on 2/22/16 at 11:11 am to
I say give the fgt his money back, and send him on his way. Sayonara.
This post was edited on 2/22/16 at 11:13 am
Posted by TigerTatorTots
The Safeshore
Member since Jul 2009
80798 posts
Posted on 2/22/16 at 11:14 am to
I think the Commish needs to get his arse in here and take control or we will need a new commish next year
Member since Mar 2011
5253 posts
Posted on 2/22/16 at 11:18 am to
quote:

Chill out Vanilla. None of us knew the real tiebreaker. We were just searching what was standard for ESPN.

look. I'm certainly not blaming the person who speculated yesterday or anybody in particular. But this is a money league and based on the rules, its very clear that Vanilla should be in.

quote:

I asked the commish a couple times to go into settings and post what the tiebreaker is but commish isn't active anymore.

Fair enough. Sounds like you had no fault in this debacle. But currently, somebody who paid money is eliminated while they should be in. That needs to be fixed or the money needs to be refunded. If its messed up and the league manager failed to clarify such that the problem was alleviated, Vanilla understands this isn't the full time job of the manager. But as I said, the money should be refunded.

In accordance with the rules, Vanilla should have roughly an expected value of $83 (1/2^3 *400 +1/2^3*150 +1/2^2*50) just by clinching the 6th seed. He did pay $50 to be alright with getting hosed out of the 6th seed if the rules posted dictate he had a 3 game path to the championship.

It is still a hose job to deny him a chance at the playoffs and simply refund his money as the $83 expected value he should now have (in accordance with rules) is considerably higher than the $50 he paid in. But at least far more ethical and easier to stomach.

Member since Mar 2011
5253 posts
Posted on 2/22/16 at 11:24 am to
quote:

I love it when people ask for their money back when they don't get their way

As I just posted, his expected value RIGHT NOW should be $83. He's not even demanding that, although he should. Obviously Vanilla Ice trash talks about how great his team is.....

But at the end of the day, the money aspect of this is glorified gambling. Saying you shouldn't whine about not getting your crack at a 3 game path to the payoff when the rules you paid $50 to receive money off of clearly dictate it should be so is ridiculous.

The idea that "he should have got better than 6th" or shouldn't whine is exactly analogous to telling a blackjack player he should have got higher than a 18 if he didn't want to complain about the dealer miscounting his numbers.
Posted by Gtothemoney
Da North Shore
Member since Sep 2012
17715 posts
Posted on 2/22/16 at 11:26 am to
quote:

In accordance with the rules, Vanilla should have roughly an expected value of $83 (1/2^3 *400 +1/2^3*150 +1/2^2*50) just by clinching the 6th seed. He did pay $50 to be alright with getting hosed out of the 6th seed if the rules posted dictate he had a 3 game path to the championship.

wut?

Posted by Gtothemoney
Da North Shore
Member since Sep 2012
17715 posts
Posted on 2/22/16 at 11:28 am to
quote:

That playoffs are set. frick that. I'm sure ESPN has taken into account all asterisks and footnotes before they seeded the teams according to the rules.

I swept vanilla ice in the regular season. Case closed. Idgaf
Member since Mar 2011
5253 posts
Posted on 2/22/16 at 11:34 am to
quote:

I swept vanilla ice in the regular season. Case closed. Idgaf

Vanilla Ice won his 1 game against James. So by the same token, case closed. If you read the rules, it clearly says in a 3 way tie with difference amount of games(a fulfilled condition), it goes to points. You have fewer points.
Posted by drake20
Baton Rouge
Member since Oct 2005
13123 posts
Posted on 2/22/16 at 11:37 am to
Lololol...great stuff. I say playoffs or 83 bucks...give the man his expected value!
Member since Mar 2011
5253 posts
Posted on 2/22/16 at 11:38 am to
quote:

wut?

What do you not understand? Assuming a 50/50 chance of winning each game, there is a 1/4 chance for the 2 teams with a bye to win both 1st, 2nd and 3rd sand a 1/8 chance for the teams without a bye to win 1st, 2nd, and 3rd

Ah math, was slightly off. Should be 1/2^3*50 for the last one. Still $77. Well over $50.

So basically, if the playoffs was simulated randomly 1000 times, Vanilla would on average win $77. If his team is better than average, he would win more. If it was worse than average, he would win less. He is 4th in points in the league, so $77 seems about right. In any event, its definitely higher than $50.
Member since Mar 2011
5253 posts
Posted on 2/22/16 at 11:43 am to
quote:

Lololol...great stuff. I say playoffs or 83 bucks...give the man his expected value!

My point is the asking for the $50 back is still getting hosed. This isn't a case of somebody demanding their initial outlay back once "things don't go their way" and their expected value has sunk below what they wagered.
Posted by Coach D
Member since Oct 2010
1734 posts
Posted on 2/22/16 at 11:44 am to
Dude makes 102 moves and misses playoffs.
Posted by Gtothemoney
Da North Shore
Member since Sep 2012
17715 posts
Posted on 2/22/16 at 11:46 am to
I'll admit I failed Math 1111 twice, but you coming up with a formula to try to get more money back ain't happening.

I'll admit this whole situation is a clusterfrick. But if I'm out I want my money back plus pain and suffering. My formula says I get $2,562.
first pageprev pagePage 81 of 114Next pagelast page

logoFollow TigerDroppings for LSU Football News
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram to get the latest updates on LSU Football and Recruiting.

FacebookTwitterInstagram