win at home 4 times + tie mex 1 at home + win 1 away game + tie 2 away games + lose mex away = 18 Points
Feb 6, @Honduras - L 2-1
Mar 22, Costa Rica W
Mar 26, @Mexico L
Jun 7, @Jamaica W
Jun 11, Panama W
Jun 18, Honduras W
Sep 6, @Costa Rica D
Sep 10, Mexico D
Oct 11, Jamaica W
Oct 15, @Panama W
Getting two wins on the road is a mighty assumption at this point.
We do have to keep in mind that this was arguably our second toughest game.
USA vs. HONDURAS
- The U.S. holds a 12-3-3 all-time record against Honduras in a series dating back to 1965.
- The last time the two teams met, Clint Dempsey scored the lone goal in the 36th minute as the USA topped Honduras 1-0 on Oct. 8, 2011, at Sun Life Stadium in Miami Gardens, Fla. Goalkeeper Tim Howard, who made six saves, picked up his 37th career victory to tie Tony Meola for second on the all-time win list for goalkeepers.
- The 2011 win also was Jurgen Klinsmann’s first victory as the U.S. MNT head coach.
- The U.S is 3-1-1 in games played in Honduras and 3-0-0 in San Pedro Sula. The USA’s loss and draw came at Tegucigalpa.
- In the past 10 meetings, the U.S. is 9-0-1 against Honduras since 2002.
- In World Cup Qualifying matches, the U.S. is 4-1-1 all-time against Honduras.
- In 2009, the U.S. went 4-0-0 against Honduras, including a 2-0 victory on July 23 in the semifinals of the CONCACAF Gold Cup and a thrilling 3-2 victory on Oct. 10 to clinch a berth to the 2010 FIFA World Cup.
if you had to choose 23 for march vs cr and mex who would you take?
GK- Howard, Johnson, Guzan
DEF- Chandler, Boca, Cameron, Johnson, Lichaj, Gonzales, Parkhurst
MID- Bradley, Danny Williams, JJ, Stu Holden, Zusi, Gatt, Shea, Sacha
F- Dempsey, Jozy, Herc, GAM, Boyd
The good news is that Mexico really fricked up by drawing at home to Jamaica. We have to take three points from that match-up.