Started By
re: .

Posted on 4/19/17 at 3:13 pm to
Posted by Count Chocula
Tier 5 and proud
Member since Feb 2009
63908 posts
Posted on 4/19/17 at 3:13 pm to
"These were some of the most influence voices on the right for the past few years--of course it's a victory".

Finally, honesty for a change. So you're happy that its a win for the dem/libs to no longer have him around - and has less to do with him being a molester.
This post was edited on 4/19/17 at 3:15 pm
Posted by udtiger
Over your left shoulder
Member since Nov 2006
98950 posts
Posted on 4/19/17 at 3:14 pm to
Any and all means to an end. The progressive way.
Posted by KiwiHead
Auckland, NZ
Member since Jul 2014
27612 posts
Posted on 4/19/17 at 3:14 pm to
The guy who screwed Fox and O' Reilly

Lachlan Murdoch
Posted by Navytiger74
Member since Oct 2009
50458 posts
Posted on 4/19/17 at 3:15 pm to
quote:

because sometime in the future I want companies to stop being bullied by people who don't buy their shite.
You spent the last two weeks reminding us that companies don't make moral choices; they look at the bottom line. If O'Reilly got fired or if this company or that company makes some "political stand" (like not being able to finger-blast your secretaries at lunch, I guess) they are generally doing so because they ran the numbers and the issue in question is going to eat into their income streams--if not in the immediacy, somewhere down the road. Maybe they're wrong in certain instances. Maybe they seem wrong at first but ultimately have the thing read correctly for the long-term.

Who knows. O'Reilly's been doing this shite for 10 years that we know of, so obviously something's changed in the calculus. Maybe Fox thinks their shitty network can attract even more viewers down the line if they seem more female friendly.
Posted by The_Duke
Member since Nov 2016
3674 posts
Posted on 4/19/17 at 3:17 pm to
quote:

Finally, honesty for a change. So you're happy that its a win for the dem/libs to no longer have him around - and has less to do with him being a molester.

The question was is this a win for the left---and of course it is when you consider everything else.

Don't try to blame anyone else for this old creep molestation ppl.
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 4/19/17 at 3:18 pm to
quote:

You spent the last two weeks reminding us that companies don't make moral choices
i don't want them to...I think they are confused as to who buys their shite.

if 11 million vegans protests mcdonalds, they'll cave it's mind blowing really.
Posted by BulldogXero
Member since Oct 2011
9772 posts
Posted on 4/19/17 at 3:20 pm to
quote:

You spent the last two weeks reminding us that companies don't make moral choices; they look at the bottom line. If O'Reilly got fired or if this company or that company makes some "political stand" (like not being able to finger-blast your secretaries at lunch, I guess) they are generally doing so because they ran the numbers and the issue in question is going to eat into their income streams--if not in the immediacy, somewhere down the road.

Are people really going to stop buying Bounty paper towels because they advertised during a commercial break on the O'Reilly Factor?
Posted by olddawg26
Member since Jan 2013
24621 posts
Posted on 4/19/17 at 3:21 pm to
quote:

Opinion Show anchor loses job - Libs will think this a huge victory Crazy how desperate the left is for a win nowadays

You do realize what crazy shite the right considers "a win" nowadays I hope. Trump could EO all first born boys to be murdered and regardless of how stupid or pointless something is, if the left find an issue with it, this board considers it a win and writes

MAGA
A
G
A

Everyone should get mirrors to look at their own base and idiots standing right next to them
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 4/19/17 at 3:22 pm to
quote:

Are people really going to stop buying Bounty paper towels because they advertised during a commercial break on the O'Reilly Factor?
exactly. I've actually tried it, it's fricking exhausting because so many brands are subsidiaries of the same company.

make it more black and white...oh, well do you buy from us...oh you don't...then get the frick out of here
Posted by AUbused
Member since Dec 2013
7771 posts
Posted on 4/19/17 at 3:28 pm to
Is there any penalty for a corporation being complicit at the highest levels in the establishment of a culture that encourages this type of stuff? Like lack of institutional control type thing? I wonder if they were kinda riding that line with Ailes and OReilly.
Posted by Navytiger74
Member since Oct 2009
50458 posts
Posted on 4/19/17 at 3:30 pm to
quote:

Probably not. But some people may give them a second look for some perceived righteous stand.

They have their own attorneys, ad men, and money people to work through that shite with them, though.
Posted by SSpaniel
Germantown
Member since Feb 2013
29658 posts
Posted on 4/19/17 at 3:30 pm to
quote:

Like lack of institutional control type thing? I wonder if they were kinda riding that line with Ailes and OReilly.

What are they going to do? Give a show cause to Bill O'Reilly? And who would "they" be?

At the very most, I would think they could be sued.
Posted by Navytiger74
Member since Oct 2009
50458 posts
Posted on 4/19/17 at 3:32 pm to
quote:

Everyone should get mirrors to look at their own base and idiots standing right next to them

Yeah well 90% of the self-described "conservatives" here would see that "base" staring back at them. Always riled up and no one to fight.

There are some good baws, though.
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 4/19/17 at 3:32 pm to
quote:

Goldennugget there, pal
oh i'm legit crazy when i'm intensely focused on something...point to you

quote:

I can tell by the 200 posts over the last few days
yeah, i would say that dislike theTrojan horses we package our bullshite in and it bothers me...legit because it's like some weird thing.

"i want bill o'reilly gone because he's a fricking annoying republican and he has a lot of influence and on top of that, i just don't like him"

that is totally sane and reasonable, but since it's also not going to move people, you say

"OMG, rape culture, he settled so he mustve done it. how can fox keep him on. i'm going to boycott."

then i know you're bullshitting me, and not even in a creative way. for god's sake put a dead hooker in his trunk or something.
This post was edited on 4/19/17 at 4:01 pm
Posted by Navytiger74
Member since Oct 2009
50458 posts
Posted on 4/19/17 at 3:38 pm to
quote:

"i want bill o'reilly gone because he's a fricking annoying republican and he has a lot of influence and on top of that, i just don't like him"

that is totally sane and reasonable, but since it's also not going to move people, you say

Most normal people don't fixate on personalities as much as some here seem to imagine. O'Reilly staying or going doesn't do one single thing for me or most any American of any stripe. But I'm not going to pretend he's the victim of some insidious plot, either.

Here's a cheat sheet for you, though. Something you can learn in Middle School or on websites like this for that matter. When a lot of people don't like you or you have a lot of enemies, try not to legitimately frick up.

They're going to pounce.
This post was edited on 4/19/17 at 3:44 pm
Posted by AUbused
Member since Dec 2013
7771 posts
Posted on 4/19/17 at 3:39 pm to
quote:

"OMG, rape culture, he settled so he mustve done it. how can fox keep him on.

i'm going to boycott." then i know you're bullshitting me, and not even in a creative way. for god's sake put a dead hooker in his trunk or something.

So....basically, just like when people were reporting that this whole thing was going to go down, you didn't like it and therefore you call it bullshite.

Im seeing a pattern here.
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 4/19/17 at 3:43 pm to
Liberals are the more guilty party but everyone does this

There were some DJs in Atlanta that didna Steve Gleason bit. So everyone in Louisiana called in and I'm boycotting and this and that and they got canned. none of them were offended nor do they listen to the station. Steve Gleason played for the saints. It was as simple and stupid as that.
This post was edited on 4/19/17 at 3:43 pm
Posted by NC_Tigah
Carolinas
Member since Sep 2003
123981 posts
Posted on 4/19/17 at 3:43 pm to
quote:

I honestly don't think it's as complicated as all that. People are capable of feeling one another out and gauging their audience (in general). Understanding the risks associated with attaching benefits to sexual favors and leaving co-workers creepy messages after-hours isn't some high-level shite.
I'm not an O'Reilly fan. Never have been. He has a big mouth, and an oversized ego. That said, none of us know what O'Reilly did or did not do in his private life.

One thing seems certain though, this sudden dismissal did not seem come on due to any single recent event on O'Reilly's part. It seems to have been an orchestration by an opponent(s) targeting his advertisers.

Advertisers suddenly and in unison began pulling ads for O'Reilly's show. That is extortion in no uncertain terms. The advertisers may not see it that way. The organizer behind the orchestration certainly did though. FNC did too.

For a news channel to submit to extortion is discrediting to its core.

An appropriate response would be to tell advertisers O'Reilly has a loyal audience, if you pull ads under auspices of extortion, we will free up O'Reilly to note your attempts to his audience. It would be the same audience your company previously paid to communicate with. It would be the same audience which is growing, not shrinking as result of your actions.

If it takes a an EECummings style "No Thanks" page with your company's name on it, we'll do what it takes. We will also address O'Reilly in our own way, in our own time. That is happening now.

Regardless of guilt or culpability of O'Reilly, submitting to extortion is a losers move by Fox. It is a horrible decision.
Posted by AUbused
Member since Dec 2013
7771 posts
Posted on 4/19/17 at 3:44 pm to
Holy shite its ALWAYS someone elses fault with you guys.

What in the frick happened to the party of personal responsibility?
Posted by GenghisKhan
Gulf Coast
Member since Aug 2016
960 posts
Posted on 4/19/17 at 3:49 pm to
Bet ole Megyn wishes she had stuck it out and stayed at Fox!
first pageprev pagePage 9 of 11Next pagelast page

logoFollow TigerDroppings for LSU Football News
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram to get the latest updates on LSU Football and Recruiting.

FacebookTwitterInstagram