Started By
re: .

Posted on 1/3/17 at 12:11 pm to
Posted by DerkaDerka
Member since Jul 2016
1072 posts
Posted on 1/3/17 at 12:11 pm to
quote:

What gave you losers new found strength?

Yeah i noticed they are coming back. The month after the election was rather peaceful around these parts. Sadly the jackassery is coming back. Don't get me wrong, i like dissenting viewpoints, just not in the smug tone with zero supporting evidence.
Posted by cahoots
Member since Jan 2009
9134 posts
Posted on 1/3/17 at 12:20 pm to
I like dissenting viewpoints too. We're on page 3 and no one has provided a good explanation for how Trump's actions are in line with the federal government roles that conservatives cling to.
Posted by Tigerdev
Member since Feb 2013
12287 posts
Posted on 1/3/17 at 12:21 pm to
You have bought their political propaganda hook line and sinker. Have you ever noticed that conservative governments have overseen the greatest expansions in government power?
They use this banter to drum up votes from folks like yourself but when they have executive power they seldom deliver.
The reality of running an organization forces them to actually try to succeed at running it. Its easy to criticize from the outside until you are forced to comprehend the operational reality.
Complaining about government incompetence and then hamstringing its operation is a self-fulfilling prophecy. That strategy is easily practiced by congress because they dont have to be responsible for any public mission. The executive branch will always lobby for the resources they need to succeed in the end.. Conservative or liberal. Historically, there has been no difference.
Posted by MSMHater
Houston
Member since Oct 2008
22774 posts
Posted on 1/3/17 at 12:27 pm to
quote:

We're on page 3 and no one has provided a good explanation for how Trump's actions are in line with the federal government roles that conservatives cling to.

That's because it's based on the ridiculous premise that Trump is a conservative.

This board hasn't championed conservatism since Cruz was trounced, so why would it justify Trump's actions against Conservative policies? Populism and economic nationalism dominate this board now.
This post was edited on 1/3/17 at 12:29 pm
Posted by HailHailtoMichigan!
Mission Viejo, CA
Member since Mar 2012
69285 posts
Posted on 1/3/17 at 12:33 pm to
quote:

Complaining about government incompetence and then hamstringing its operation is a self-fulfilling prophecy. That strategy is easily practiced by congress because they dont have to be responsible for any public mission. The executive branch will always lobby for the resources they need to succeed in the end..

The efficacy of government goes way beyond funds and resources. Do you not understand this? Furthermore, a competent governmental operation isn't exactly the be all-end all. Is it a good thing that we are so good at locking people up? There's a morality involved that can't be discounted.

You are within the government so you don't realize this- but people have every right to be distrustful and bitter towards an entity that does not get its funds from the voluntary transactions of customers who like the product it offers, but rather procures funds from the barrel of a gun.
Posted by Tigerdev
Member since Feb 2013
12287 posts
Posted on 1/3/17 at 12:35 pm to
You seem incapable of making an argument that stands on its own in support of your point. Instead, you are relying on attacking my credibility rather than anything i've actually said. Makes any further exchange kind of pointless.
Good day sir.
Posted by Zach
Gizmonic Institute
Member since May 2005
112447 posts
Posted on 1/3/17 at 12:37 pm to
quote:

Ignore racism

Well, since the left says that everyone is a racist I might as well ignore it.

quote:

Regulate women's bodies

I have no problem with this. Flat chested women between the ages of 21 to 40 should be taxed until the federal govt can supply proper implants.

quote:

Start a nuclear war

It's been over 60 years since more than one nation had a nuke and there has never been a nuclear war so I'll withhold judgment until I see one.
Posted by HailHailtoMichigan!
Mission Viejo, CA
Member since Mar 2012
69285 posts
Posted on 1/3/17 at 12:39 pm to
You are the one who won't even acknowledge that there are fundamental, tautological problems with government bureaucracy.
Posted by Lakeboy7
New Orleans
Member since Jul 2011
23965 posts
Posted on 1/3/17 at 12:40 pm to
quote:

Such as?

Unconstitutional laws passed by state govts, its a growth industry in the South.
Posted by Tigerdev
Member since Feb 2013
12287 posts
Posted on 1/3/17 at 12:41 pm to
quote:

You are the one who won't even acknowledge that there are fundamental, tautological problems with government bureaucracy.
We haven't gotten that far. I can't have a conversation with someone whose response disregards all my points because of my day job. You are interested more in backslapping with your echo chamber pals, not having a critical conversation. It is all good. Got better things to do on my days off anyway. No love lost I'm sure.
Posted by CaptChandler
Polis
Member since Sep 2016
2427 posts
Posted on 1/3/17 at 12:42 pm to
quote:

You seem incapable of making an argument that stands on its own in support of your point.

I have yet to see you definitively prove your point as well. Give the man some verified facts instead of baseless conjecture.
Posted by Lakeboy7
New Orleans
Member since Jul 2011
23965 posts
Posted on 1/3/17 at 12:46 pm to
quote:

Everything else is turned over to the states, counties, and local governments.

Wont work in the stupid south, ever.

Did you miss the recent thread about a LA municipality locking up people up without charging them? local yocals are just that.
Posted by Zach
Gizmonic Institute
Member since May 2005
112447 posts
Posted on 1/3/17 at 1:35 pm to
quote:

Did you miss the recent thread about a LA municipality locking up people up without charging them? local yocals are just that.

I missed that. Tell me about how they "locking up people up".
Posted by kingbob
Sorrento, LA
Member since Nov 2010
67069 posts
Posted on 1/3/17 at 2:09 pm to
It's role is pretty well and explicitly enumerated in the Constitution.
first pageprev pagePage 3 of 3Next pagelast page
refresh

logoFollow TigerDroppings for LSU Football News
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram to get the latest updates on LSU Football and Recruiting.

FacebookTwitterInstagram