Started By
re: .

Posted on 12/19/14 at 2:50 pm to
Posted by TROLA
BATON ROUGE
Member since Apr 2004
12299 posts
Posted on 12/19/14 at 2:50 pm to
Good job Mr president.. We should always question cowardice even on a corporate scale, one in which a foreign government has interfered in US business affairs.. I hope the government would call out other..cough cough..China in their continued corporate espionage.
This post was edited on 12/19/14 at 2:52 pm
Posted by Blue Velvet
Apple butter toast is nice
Member since Nov 2009
20112 posts
Posted on 12/19/14 at 2:51 pm to
I'm with him on this and Cuba, but not neutrality. Also don't forget DADT; got that one right too.
Posted by fillmoregandt
OTM
Member since Nov 2009
14368 posts
Posted on 12/19/14 at 2:53 pm to
quote:

Typical of Obama to think that he is to be consulted when a business makes a business decision.

Well in his defense, it's not very often when another country is interfering and hacking into the company's business. International disputes and terrorism (as this is being referred to as) probably should involve the Feds

Posted by Bigbuick
Gulfport,MS
Member since Nov 2007
572 posts
Posted on 12/19/14 at 2:54 pm to
Sony Exec said movie was pulled cause distributers would not show it.
Posted by Zach
Gizmonic Institute
Member since May 2005
112421 posts
Posted on 12/19/14 at 2:56 pm to
I would be upset with the cancelling of the movie, but Zach does not go out to see movies in theaters. The pop corn is waaay too expensive. The last movie that Mrs. Zach and I went to see in a theater was 'Borat'. I, along with the other 15 people in the Bossier City Cinemax, were not concerned about Eastern Europeans attacking us.

Posted by baybeefeetz
Member since Sep 2009
31633 posts
Posted on 12/19/14 at 3:03 pm to
quote:

quote: everyone of every persuasion is condemning them, how can they fricking still think this is good for their company? I think the only reasonable conclusion is that there's other stuff they know the hackers got that is being threatened for release and SONY views that threat as worse than the backlash they're dealing with now.

Or they hate the risk of a failed movie and somehow insurance is covering a lack of theatrical release. I.e., they can now make the same money without releasing.

What I'm curious about is why NK has done this now, when I've known about this movie for a year.
Posted by HonoraryCoonass
Member since Jan 2005
18058 posts
Posted on 12/19/14 at 3:04 pm to
quote:

quote:
We are literally in a thread that has shown 100% agreement with Obama on this one and yet you type this anyway............fascinating.

Yet in this very thread:
quote:
American "did the wrong thing" when it elected Obama

quote:
Funny since Obama is more of a pussy than Sony is.

quote:
Funny since Obama is more of a pussy than Sony is.

What's your point? Are those ideas mutually exclusive in your mind?
Posted by TJG210
New Orleans
Member since Aug 2006
28336 posts
Posted on 12/19/14 at 3:19 pm to
I agree, but pretty easy for him to say that now. If they would have released it and something had happened that dumbass would be chastising them. Earns zero points in my book.
Posted by ballscaster
Member since Jun 2013
26861 posts
Posted on 12/19/14 at 4:00 pm to
Ok fine. Not a sunshine pumper when it comes to your boy.
Posted by Taxing Authority
Houston
Member since Feb 2010
57095 posts
Posted on 12/19/14 at 4:15 pm to
I agree with Obama on this one. But expecting a private corp to him for advice seems a bit... silly.
Posted by WildTchoupitoulas
Member since Jan 2010
44071 posts
Posted on 12/19/14 at 4:23 pm to
quote:

everyone of every persuasion is condemning them, how can they fricking still think this is good for their company?

I don't understand why people are acting like this is the first time a corporation has made a questionable decision regarding increasing their shareholders value.

People can't stand Ralph Nader because he said he couldn't believe Ford thought releasing the Corvair was good for their company.

How many bad decisions have American corporations made that got this much coverage? And how many of the products withheld were of this questionable quality?
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 12/19/14 at 5:02 pm to
Because it won't increase their shareholder value. They're going to be roasted and they are
Posted by lsu480
Downtown Scottsdale
Member since Oct 2007
92876 posts
Posted on 12/20/14 at 7:12 pm to
quote:

Agree with him.

First Cuba, now this?

Wonder what he might do next I will agree with?

I know, its crazy! I guess he isn't 100% retarded, just like 98%! GO OBAMA!
Posted by ShortyRob
Member since Oct 2008
82116 posts
Posted on 12/20/14 at 7:54 pm to
quote:

What's your point? Are those ideas mutually exclusive in your mind?

Yeah. I was wondering if he was having comprehension issues.

There was literally not a soul in the thread saying Obama was wrong to say Sony did the wrong the thing.

Oh sure, a couple of folks poked fun, but, they still agreed with him meaning the post I responded to from A WANT was still stupid.
Posted by roygu
Member since Jan 2004
11718 posts
Posted on 12/20/14 at 8:16 pm to
quote:

People can't stand Ralph Nader because he said he couldn't believe Ford thought releasing the Corvair was good for their company.

Ford thought that it was good for their company when GM released the Corvair?
Posted by ShortyRob
Member since Oct 2008
82116 posts
Posted on 12/20/14 at 8:19 pm to
quote:

Ford thought that it was good for their company when GM released the Corvair?

Posted by SmackoverHawg
Member since Oct 2011
27320 posts
Posted on 12/20/14 at 9:38 pm to
quote:

He's right. However, his trial lawyer buddies would have been all over Sony and the theater owners if anything happened.

He can still offer the full protection of the US gov't and military to Sony if he'll put his money where his mouth is. fricking mf'er has never made a tough decision in his life until after the fact and nothing is his fault.
Posted by SmackoverHawg
Member since Oct 2011
27320 posts
Posted on 12/20/14 at 9:42 pm to
quote:

Or they hate the risk of a failed movie and somehow insurance is covering a lack of theatrical release. I.e., they can now make the same money without releasing.

Boom! Brilliant. Most likely played a role in their decision. And can still release it later and make more money. Probably kicking some back to NK.
first pageprev pagePage 3 of 3Next pagelast page
refresh

logoFollow TigerDroppings for LSU Football News
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram to get the latest updates on LSU Football and Recruiting.

FacebookTwitterInstagram