Posted on 10/29/14 at 4:28 pm to
Posted by Iosh
Bureau of Interstellar Immigration
Member since Dec 2012
18941 posts
Posted on 10/29/14 at 4:28 pm to
quote:

this is bullshite
There's a good page's worth of self-righteous jerking-off in this thread from people who are glad this guy can't vote because he's a poor yokel with no driver's license or job and therefore would vote "wrong."
This post was edited on 10/29/14 at 4:29 pm
Posted by Hawkeye95
Member since Dec 2013
20293 posts
Posted on 10/29/14 at 4:31 pm to
quote:

even you have to take a step back...seriously, the TSA. They're the poster child for incompetence

sure, but its not just the TSA. bouncers use it too.

And liquor stores.

Its not foolproof but its an easy, no hassle check.

you think that people are going to remember multiple addresses? I don't. especially the type people here are accusing of voting multiple times.
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 10/29/14 at 4:31 pm to
I've never said I'm glad he can't vote or won't vote...but I'm not shedding tears for someone who can't, scratch that...WONT get a fricking ID. If he wanted it, he'd have it
This post was edited on 10/29/14 at 4:32 pm
Posted by Taxing Authority
Houston
Member since Feb 2010
57222 posts
Posted on 10/29/14 at 4:35 pm to
quote:

$20 a day picking up cans...
What are the odds he reports this income and files a tax return?
This post was edited on 10/29/14 at 4:36 pm
Posted by ChineseBandit58
Pearland, TX
Member since Aug 2005
42578 posts
Posted on 10/29/14 at 4:37 pm to
quote:

this is bullshite
====

There's a good page's worth of self-righteous jerking-off in this thread from people who are glad this guy can't vote because he's a poor yokel with no driver's license or job and therefore would vote "wrong."

bullshite -

If he cannot produce an ID he should not vote - period.

don;t give a shite who it wants to vote for.

However, I do try to picture myself as one of the off scale liberals who are desperately concerned about this guys ability to cast a "DEM" vote, but don;t give a shite about him otherwise.

I cannot do it - there is nothing about my character that would allow me to cheer for ignorance/dependabncy/irresponsibility/gullibility as being my only avenue for political gain.
Posted by 90proofprofessional
Member since Mar 2004
24445 posts
Posted on 10/29/14 at 4:38 pm to
quote:

self-righteous jerking-off in this thread from people who are glad this guy can't vote

Oh, I see a great deal of moral preening all over with this issue. You might have overlooked that plank in your own eye, though. And in a few others'.

1. He still could have voted
2. I'm not glad, but I don't care that he made it harder for himself by being an idiot
Posted by ChineseBandit58
Pearland, TX
Member since Aug 2005
42578 posts
Posted on 10/29/14 at 4:41 pm to
quote:

Its not foolproof but its an easy, no hassle check.

you think that people are going to remember multiple addresses? I don't. especially the type people here are accusing of voting multiple times.

Agrtee again. There should be many things on a registration form that could be used as instant ID.

I'd be satisfied with requiring any voter to be able to provide that information as an ID substitute.

At least it would require a higher intellect to vote several times.
Posted by FightinTigersDammit
Louisiana North
Member since Mar 2006
34653 posts
Posted on 10/29/14 at 4:50 pm to
quote:

Why don't one of the LIBERAL POS's that pay people to vote give this guy a ride.

Why don't they get him a bus as they do on the day of voting?

Nothing but BS.

Because once they have his vote, they have no further use for him.
Posted by LSUTigersVCURams
Member since Jul 2014
21940 posts
Posted on 10/29/14 at 4:54 pm to
I hope the Democrats put a LOT of eggs into this basket because I think that the overwhelming majority of Americans realize it's complete bullshite to equate verifying US citizenship and residence via photo ID with some kind of Jim Crow law.
Posted by NC_Tigah
Carolinas
Member since Sep 2003
123887 posts
Posted on 10/29/14 at 5:03 pm to
quote:

hen you use your social security number, which is in no way tied to your address
So Tx makes no effort to verify a whether a voter actually resides within a district? Really?

If true, that is absolutely incredible.

Obviously it's a problem which should be fixed as well.
Don't you agree???
This post was edited on 10/29/14 at 5:16 pm
Posted by MFn GIMP
Member since Feb 2011
19341 posts
Posted on 10/29/14 at 5:09 pm to
quote:

The third is a driving licence, but he doesn’t have a car and has never possessed a driving licence.

Wrong. This is actually the very first thing listed and includes a "personal identification card" not just a drivers license. From the actual law LINK

quote:

Sec. 63.0101. DOCUMENTATION OF PROOF OF IDENTIFICATION.
The following documentation is an acceptable form [as proof] of photo identification under this chapter:
(1) a driver's license, election identification
certificate, or personal identification card issued to the person by the Department of Public Safety that has not expired or that expired no earlier than 60 days before the date of presentation;

So he doesn't need a drivers license he just needs a photo ID.

quote:

And then there’s the sixth method of identification allowed under the law. It’s a new form of photo-ID card created specifically for voting under SB14, known as an election identification certificate (EIC).

Correct that is the sixth method allowed but it does not eliminate the regular Photo ID method - it is an additional method.

Furthermore, even if this guy couldn't get a photo ID for whatever reason he could still vote. LINK /

quote:

4. But what if a voter does not have any of these forms of photo ID? Are there any exceptions?

If a voter does not have a permanent disability exemption (addressed below) indicated on his or her voter registration certificate AND the voter does not have any of the photo identifications indicated above at the time of voting, the voter may cast a provisional ballot at the polls. However, in order to have the provisional ballot counted, the voter will be required to visit the voter registrar’s office within six calendar days of the date of the election to either present one of the above forms of photo ID OR submit one of the temporary affidavits addressed below (e.g., religious objection or natural disaster) in the presence of the county voter registrar while attesting to the fact that he or she does not have any of the required photo IDs.

quote:

To get an EIC, Kennie needs to be able to show the Texas department of public safety (DPS) other forms of documentation that satisfy them as to his identity. He presented them with his old personal ID card – issued by the DPS itself and with his photo on it – but because it is more than 60 days expired (it ran out in 2000) they didn’t accept it. Next he showed them an electricity bill, and after that a cable TV bill, but on each occasion they said it didn’t cut muster and turned him away.

So he did have a photo ID he just chose to let it lapse in 2000 instead of renewing it. Sounds like a personal problem to me. I've also never been able to get an electric bill in my name without providing my ID and a social security number.

quote:

In Eric Kennie’s case, there is no clear way out of the morass. He could go to court and ask for the name on his birth certificate to be changed to correct the error, but that would take hiring a lawyer for a fee that he could not afford.

What? You have to have a lawyer to change your name? According to this all it takes in Texas is filling out a couple of forms and spending the day at the court house. LINK
This post was edited on 10/29/14 at 5:16 pm
Posted by Roaad
White Privilege Broker
Member since Aug 2006
76476 posts
Posted on 10/29/14 at 6:09 pm to
quote:

What, then, is the purpose of a separate voter registration system?
check for legal voter status and district.

I don't think there should be 2 separate cards, but am ok with 2 separate checks.
Posted by Roaad
White Privilege Broker
Member since Aug 2006
76476 posts
Posted on 10/29/14 at 6:13 pm to
quote:

to get democrats not to vote. its really that simple.

If, by that, you mean that dems are the greater source of fraud. . .then I agree.

Because the purpose of the bill is to fight rampant fraud, be it pro-dem or pro-GOP.

You need to have an ID to get food stamps and WIC, but not vote? Insanity.
Posted by TbirdSpur2010
ALAMO CITY
Member since Dec 2010
134026 posts
Posted on 10/29/14 at 6:20 pm to
Boo.

fricking.

Hoo.
first pageprev pagePage 4 of 4Next pagelast page
refresh

logoFollow TigerDroppings for LSU Football News
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram to get the latest updates on LSU Football and Recruiting.

FacebookTwitterInstagram