Food poisoning? | TigerDroppings.com

Posted byMessage
Nawlens Gator
Florida Fan
louisiana
Member since Sep 2005
2374 posts

Food poisoning?



Cooked some collard greens from WinDix Monday and within 30 min of eating a bowl I got the shakes, became feverish, and started making mad dashes to the mens room about every 30 min. Went to bed and wrapped up to stay warm (I was freezing). This went on all night but I felt much better in the morning. Does this sound like food poisoning? Anyone ever experience this? There was no nausea.








Back to top
Share:
pooponsaban
LSU Fan
Baton Rouge
Member since Feb 2008
13103 posts

re: Food poisoning?


Food poisoning takes longer than 30 minutes to hit except in extremely rare circumstances. You had a bug.





Back to top
Schwartz
Hail Victory!
Member since Nov 2006
25843 posts

re: Food poisoning?


A true 30 minutes is too soon for bacterial food poisoning to sit in. Unless it was a toxin (which wouldn't cause fever, I'm relatively certain) I doubt it was the greens.





Back to top
CITWTT
LSU Fan
baton rouge
Member since Sep 2005
31765 posts

re: Food poisoning?


Two doctors kiddie diagnosis of your problem. You did not have tue food poisoning as it takes 12-24 hours to set in. A toxin on the greens or some other component of the dish would lead to your symptoms very easily though.





Back to top
tracytiger
LSU Fan
Baton Rouge
Member since May 2009
2393 posts
 Online 

re: Food poisoning?


Did you wash them before you cooked them?







Back to top
Nawlens Gator
Florida Fan
louisiana
Member since Sep 2005
2374 posts

re: Food poisoning?


quote:

Did you wash them before you cooked them?


Well we rinsed them in a tub of water before cooking. It came on fast and strong after eating them. They cooked for about 3 hours and it seems that would have killed any bacteria. If it was a coincidental bug, it seems to be gone today. I threw them out just to be sure. Thanks for all the insight.







Back to top
TigerMyth36
LSU Fan
River Ridge
Member since Nov 2005
27754 posts

re: Food poisoning?


Most people blame the wrong item for food poisoning. It takes a while to percolate to the point you feel bad.

As stated, there could have been a toxin on them or it could simply be coincidence and something you picked up on your door knob caused the whole shenanigans.






Back to top
CITWTT
LSU Fan
baton rouge
Member since Sep 2005
31765 posts

re: Food poisoning?


Just to give you some perspective, try a bout with galvanized poisoning(inhalation of zinc fumes) for a ride that will make you wish you had the flu. That stuff comes over you so fast, and will not let go til it has run its course through every pore and orifice in your body and the fever might require a trip to the ER.





Back to top
simbo
Member since Jun 2011
1664 posts

re: Food poisoning?


Theres all kinds of bacteria or toxins that make up "food poisoning" and all have different general times for the symptoms to start.....some withn 30 minutes. Just look it up.

I ate clam chowder in Boston last year and didn't feel good leaving the place......went across the street to the Celtics game and within 45 minutes was barfing. Spent most the game barfing then got fever and chills for 24 hours.....had to fly home nearly dying.

That's what bad clams will do.




This post was edited on 2/26 at 12:47 pm


Back to top


Back to top




//