Posted on 10/26/12 at 8:40 am to
Posted by mm2316
New Orleans Pelicans Fan
Member since Aug 2010
6942 posts
Posted on 10/26/12 at 8:40 am to
quote:

Honey Bager could step on field tomorrow and be our best DB

I have a hard time believing that you actually believe that. There's no way you are serious.
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 10/26/12 at 9:09 am to
I do. We do not have one playmaker in the secondary. Malcolm Jenkins has all the athleticism and size you could want and can't play for shite. TM7 would be an instant upgrade over him, Robinson, Patrick, Harper, and White.

He wouldn't need to be our #1 corner. He's more valuable as a "joker" playing safety and nickel doing a lot of different things. The 95 yard VJ reception last week. 100% positive TM7 lined up at safety picks that ball off.
Posted by goatmilker
Castle Anthrax
Member since Feb 2009
64307 posts
Posted on 10/26/12 at 9:34 am to
5th round is too early for a guy who is a complete and utter dumbass.

4 chances was not enough?

Maybe a 7th.

Such a waste.
Posted by catcher88
Bayou Lafourche
Member since Oct 2012
95 posts
Posted on 10/26/12 at 9:41 am to
No way the saints org would take a chance on him.... Weve got quality guys like colston and drew...and honeybadger??????

Posted by bigwheel
Lake Charles
Member since Feb 2008
6491 posts
Posted on 10/26/12 at 10:14 am to
why waste a pick, when he'll be around as an undrafted free agent
Posted by Brettesaurus Rex
Baton Rouge
Member since Dec 2009
38259 posts
Posted on 10/26/12 at 10:30 am to
No way he goes undrafted. Bruce Irvin did the same thing but about 1000xs worse and went 15th overall. I realize he is a pass rusher, but don't tell me not one single team won't take a chance on him in maybe the 3-5 round.

Like I said earlier, he fits a need for the Saints. Could be a great nickel/safety type and could start taking a few PR duties as Sproles gets older
Posted by BlacknGold
He Hate Me
Member since Mar 2009
12044 posts
Posted on 10/26/12 at 10:32 am to
quote:

TM7 would be an instant upgrade over him, Robinson, Patrick, Harper, and White

there is no fricking way he would out perform jenkins today if he stepped on the field. the guy has been away from football since february.

odd logic you put tm7 over jenkins because of talent, yet you bash on jenkins for just being talent. i was with you until this post. hes not a messiah. hes a risk.
Posted by Hoodoo Man
Sunshine Pumping most days.
Member since Oct 2011
31637 posts
Posted on 10/26/12 at 10:33 am to
Might outperform White though.
Posted by Brettesaurus Rex
Baton Rouge
Member since Dec 2009
38259 posts
Posted on 10/26/12 at 11:09 am to
quote:

Guaranteed to outperform White though.
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 10/26/12 at 11:37 am to
Not a messiah,in college TM7 was not just talent. He has great instinct and football smarts. I think he could be a spark player.

I would say Jenkins has more talent than TM7 or anyone on our D for that matter. He's playing out of position. But at that size and speed I don't know why he can't consistently make tackles. He looks like a pro bowler on one series and a dud on the next
Posted by SJS Eagle 85
P-Town
Member since Apr 2009
5007 posts
Posted on 10/26/12 at 11:46 am to
Posted by stapuffmarshy
lower 9
Member since Apr 2010
17507 posts
Posted on 10/26/12 at 11:50 am to
quote:

Should we

no
Posted by mm2316
New Orleans Pelicans Fan
Member since Aug 2010
6942 posts
Posted on 10/26/12 at 1:42 pm to
You left off Greer, which no way in hell he would ever be better than, especially immediately. The only one I can see him maybe being better than immediately is White, but even that is a stretch, being that TM has been out of football for months, never went against any NFL players, and these guys have been going against NFL players every day.

With that said, I would take a shot on him in the 5th, and I'm no LSU fan.
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 10/26/12 at 2:19 pm to
I left off Greer because no way he's better than Greer of the bat., but he has a hip problem right now, and it's limiting his play severely
Posted by WeBleedCrimson
Member since Mar 2008
21708 posts
Posted on 10/26/12 at 2:49 pm to
I'll take him if he stay away from drugs
Posted by SEClint
New Orleans, LA/Portland, OR
Member since Nov 2006
48769 posts
Posted on 10/26/12 at 3:21 pm to
Not even sure he makes the draft. If he doesn't,..sure, let him have a tryout. I'd like see what he has on sharing the field with Sproles on returns.

More than safe to say his punt returning in the NFL probably wouldn't be as great, I dont think he is going to fool any veterans but,..i think he runs like a 4.3? so if he can move the ball and hang onto it, there is always that chance of him getting those extra 10+ yards than the other option would.

As far as defense, he couldn't hang with any of our guys right now. Lance Moore would smoke him 8/10. I'd hate to see him find himself thrown into a game somehow having to cover a guy like Calvin Johnson.

I think he has talent, but to say things like he is already better than any of our current secondary is silly. He played good against Georgia, but they really aren't shite compared to Green Bay.

worth a try out though.

EDIT:
and who cares if he smokes pot. Not like he's breaking down crack in his locker to shoot in his arms at halftime. People felt the same way about alcohol at one time, but now when grown men win a championship..they cover themselves and their locker room in it. When he is on a drug that can actually kill you or someone else, then there is real cause for concern. But if the motherfricker wants to relax and get away from the bullshite, he is a grown man and should have that option without it "ruining his life", rather than the alternative of drinking and/or taking pills.
This post was edited on 10/26/12 at 3:28 pm
Posted by Lester Earl
Member since Nov 2003
278277 posts
Posted on 10/26/12 at 3:46 pm to
Pacman Jones was the 6th pick in the draft with character issues. Just saying.
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 10/26/12 at 5:20 pm to
and Matt forte was running against southern miss at Tulane, so? Sometimes rookies make huge impacts, he might be one of them.

none of our DBs can cover NFL wideouts either. And we're talking about him covering number 3 option if at nickel, blitzing and roaming around at FS (joker) no one is talking about him covering a number 1 option. He is good enough to get drafted then there is the likelihood he can cover NFL receivers

Plus he won't see the field unless he's performing in practice

I agree about the pot thing but he knows it could cost him everything and still does it. I'm hoping he goes to a team with a strong coach who will tell him to knock it the frick off
This post was edited on 10/26/12 at 5:28 pm
Posted by kingbob
Sorrento, LA
Member since Nov 2010
67052 posts
Posted on 10/26/12 at 5:24 pm to
quote:

Honey Bager could step on field tomorrow and be our best DB

The sad thing is...I believe this.
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 10/26/12 at 5:25 pm to
I know, people act like we have revis back there. It's a group of scrubs
first pageprev pagePage 3 of 5Next pagelast page

logoFollow TigerDroppings for LSU Football News
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram to get the latest updates on LSU Football and Recruiting.

FacebookTwitterInstagram