Started By
re: .

Posted on 9/17/15 at 5:21 pm to
Posted by PsychTiger
Member since Jul 2004
99005 posts
Posted on 9/17/15 at 5:21 pm to
I wonder how countries with strict gun control laws are faring during the ZA. The lack of guns has probably resulted in few survivors. Remember this next time the Dems want to restrict the guns you can own or the magazine size.

Posted by 1BamaRTR
In Your Head Blvd
Member since Apr 2015
22531 posts
Posted on 9/17/15 at 5:42 pm to
quote:

I wonder how countries with strict gun control laws are faring during the ZA. The lack of guns has probably resulted in few survivors. Remember this next time the Dems want to restrict the guns you can own or the magazine size.

The U.S. would be one of the best places to live in this TWD world. Lots of land, guns, and resources. Where as in like in India and certain places in China would be one of the worst places to be. Considering the high population densities and very few civilians that own guns.
This post was edited on 9/17/15 at 5:43 pm
Posted by Warfarer
Dothan, AL
Member since May 2010
12126 posts
Posted on 9/17/15 at 5:47 pm to
quote:

As long as we're over thinking shite. If all you have to do is poke a hole in their noggin, you would think .22 would be the round of choice. Most widely available, can be interchanged b/t pistol and rifle, and chicks and that shite head kids like Carl can handle it.

My buddy and I were watching one night and I mentioned this same thing. You don't see .22s on the show even though they are really easy to shoot, lightweight (guns and ammo both) and .22 ammo should be really easy to find since anyone who has some has a ton of it.
Posted by SEClint
New Orleans, LA/Portland, OR
Member since Nov 2006
48769 posts
Posted on 9/17/15 at 6:59 pm to
He depended on it before the za.

He's used to it, wheel guns are dependable.

It's not the only gun he uses, but the only one he would want to keep for probably personal reasons.

Its been through it all with him.
Posted by Toomexy
B-ham
Member since Nov 2010
166 posts
Posted on 9/17/15 at 7:05 pm to
I think it speaks to his badassness. I mean imagine meeting Rick and all he is carrying is a revolver. Not only that but they have shown him reloading and reaching into the front pocket of his shirt for his spare ammo. For some reason that always cracked me up.
Posted by Tackle74
Columbia, MO
Member since Mar 2012
5257 posts
Posted on 9/17/15 at 7:17 pm to
quote:

I'm going to get somewhere surrounded by water like an island

In World War Z the book (I know different universe)the author talks about zombies being able to cross water as they do not drown so???
Posted by goatmilker
Castle Anthrax
Member since Feb 2009
64342 posts
Posted on 9/17/15 at 8:21 pm to
quote:

Why Does Rick Grimes Carry a Colt Python?

You should have noticed by now ding dong.

He carries it for the more deadly foe...humans.
Posted by 1BamaRTR
In Your Head Blvd
Member since Apr 2015
22531 posts
Posted on 9/17/15 at 8:57 pm to
quote:

quote:

In World War Z the book (I know different universe)the author talks about zombies being able to cross water as they do not drown so???

Well the walkers in this show don't breathe so they can go underwater without dying. But I don't think would anyway and plus the water currents would be too much for their weak bodies.
Posted by Sayre
Felixville
Member since Nov 2011
5507 posts
Posted on 9/17/15 at 9:03 pm to
I went to the gun show in Gonzales a couple weeks ago, and when I saw the prices on the Pythons on display I almost fainted. I simply cannot believe the premium they command. Completely stunned.

Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 9/17/15 at 9:21 pm to
Don't get me wrong. I own a python. Just not sure if it's ideal for the situation
Posted by Twenty 49
Shreveport
Member since Jun 2014
18769 posts
Posted on 9/17/15 at 10:01 pm to
If .22 does not splatter enough brain to kill them, an M1 Carbine would be a great choice.

Light, quick to maneuver, easy to aim, low recoil. Scavenging ammo would be tricky, but I have several boxes and extra mags to get me started.
Posted by CaptainsWafer
TD Platinum Member
Member since Feb 2006
58342 posts
Posted on 9/17/15 at 10:19 pm to
Because it's in the script.

My dads answer to every question ever asked about a show, movie, or commercial.
This post was edited on 9/17/15 at 10:19 pm
Posted by StripedSaint
Member since Jun 2011
2385 posts
Posted on 9/17/15 at 10:51 pm to
I would believe it is his service revolver and he would be most proficient with it.
Posted by smuphy72
Bham
Member since Nov 2009
3456 posts
Posted on 9/18/15 at 12:26 am to
I've always thought it was because he used it before the ZA and it connects him to his life before the outbreak.
Posted by GatorReb
Dallas GA
Member since Feb 2009
9280 posts
Posted on 9/18/15 at 3:20 am to
quote:

Yeah but for the most part Walkers are attracted to sounds and such. So being so far away on an island or something even if they could cross underneath water I don't think they would feel the need to
Posted by Bham4Tide
In a Van down by the River
Member since Feb 2011
22091 posts
Posted on 9/18/15 at 4:40 am to

This does look cooler.
This post was edited on 9/18/15 at 4:41 am
Posted by SEClint
Member since Nov 2006
48769 posts
Posted on 9/18/15 at 12:06 pm to
quote:

This idea has so many flaws. But, good luck to those who try.

I would enjoy a 17-20 foot deadfall pit. Dealing with the dead would be easier. Could just burn them there, or leave many in there and use them to your advantage.

Cover the top with a small layer, like a true deadfall, anyone or thing walks on top of it..instead of sharp bamboo, it's 2500 cannibal corpses.

Hell have some bamboo too, smeared in walker saliva. Why not?

Point is it you could somehow find ways to use them to your defensive and offensive advantage, that's a Hell of an upper hand.

Slaves you don't have to feed or even care for. They get uppity just put a bullet in their head.
Posted by StrongBackWeakMind
Member since May 2014
22650 posts
Posted on 9/18/15 at 12:07 pm to
(no message)
This post was edited on 9/24/15 at 4:53 pm
Posted by SEClint
Member since Nov 2006
48769 posts
Posted on 9/18/15 at 12:26 pm to
quote:

What's wrong with the island idea. So long as the island has a water source, you should be good to go.

TLDR version, it's not a HORRIBLE idea, it can be made to work. But you have to take a few things into account.

Where the island is located, if its in the Caribbean..Florida..etc. Every year you are going to have to take tropical weather seriously. Good chance radar won't be around so if a cat5 is going to hit your island or state..that's a whole new shitstorm. Plus many other people will have the same idea. Legit pirates, who knows.

I would prefer some cold rocky mountain seclusion. The dead would be frozen solid, if they could climb rock. And if any living people came and killed me, that's fine. Cause I know they would have had to earn it.

Eta

Plus if they were covered in ice and snow..Theyd probably be pale too. So I could talk about how I've killed White Walkers.
This post was edited on 9/18/15 at 12:30 pm
Posted by StrongBackWeakMind
Member since May 2014
22650 posts
Posted on 9/18/15 at 12:33 pm to
(no message)
This post was edited on 9/24/15 at 4:53 pm
first pageprev pagePage 2 of 3Next pagelast page

logoFollow TigerDroppings for LSU Football News
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram to get the latest updates on LSU Football and Recruiting.

FacebookTwitterInstagram