Posted on 9/8/14 at 4:55 pm to
Posted by sugar71
NOLA
Member since Jun 2012
9967 posts
Posted on 9/8/14 at 4:55 pm to
quote:

so having dreads = tpos??

Seems like most bigots are fairly gullible ,huh? They thrive on judging people by how they look(skin color) so I'm not surprised.

I bet Ray Rice dressed nicely.

I like the dress code though , but I would also allow them to wear Official team gear for marketing.(Kids wanting to buy the Cavs Tee/Cap/ sweats/,etc...that LeBron was wearing courtside).

Posted by LSUTigers00884
Lafayette
Member since Oct 2011
1160 posts
Posted on 9/8/14 at 4:57 pm to
All of the charity work.
Dress code.
Harsh handling of clipper's owner and other idiots (as seen in playoff suspensions).
This post was edited on 9/8/14 at 4:58 pm
Posted by RedRifle
Austin/NO
Member since Dec 2013
8328 posts
Posted on 9/8/14 at 5:31 pm to
Whoa. You took just one line out of everything I wrote and decided to run with it. It is all about perception. That is why The way you dress and how you look creates a huge part in your over all make up. If you have tattoos people judge you as well. This has nothing to do with being tpos that's just how it goes.
Posted by GreatLakesTiger24
COINTELPRO Fan
Member since May 2012
55581 posts
Posted on 9/8/14 at 5:49 pm to
quote:

Stern's MO was almost always long-term plans, ignoring criticism, furthering the brand. Gooddell is the antithesis. He's reactionary, sensitive to criticism, quick fixes.
spot on
Posted by PrimeTime Money
Houston, Texas, USA
Member since Nov 2012
27305 posts
Posted on 9/8/14 at 6:12 pm to
quote:

Doesn't the NFL have the lowest arrest rate of the 3 major sports?
Just the opposite. It has the highest arrest rate.

I looked it up a few months ago, so I don't have the numbers in front of me at the moment.
Posted by PrimeTime Money
Houston, Texas, USA
Member since Nov 2012
27305 posts
Posted on 9/8/14 at 6:15 pm to
One point I'd like to make is that these days, a lot of NBA players aren't from the hood like they used to be in the past. AAU ball has more middle class kids playing. So a lot of those players go to college and then on to the NBA.

So the league didn't just change the perception of TPOS players... there really are less TPOS players.
Posted by Oh Lawd
Member since Sep 2014
497 posts
Posted on 9/8/14 at 6:18 pm to
Mostly having a kick-arse PR team. Overshadowing all the shitty things they do with good things like drafting Isiah Austin.
This post was edited on 9/8/14 at 6:19 pm
Posted by 805tiger
Member since Oct 2011
4511 posts
Posted on 9/8/14 at 6:31 pm to
The NBA probably sits on thinnest ice of all the leagues. If a player gets in trouble people will come out of the woodwork saying the NBA is a thug league and I'm never going to watch again etc...The NFL doesn't have to worry about any of that. I don't know what the NFL has to do to make people stop watching...
first pageprev pagePage 4 of 4Next pagelast page
refresh

logoFollow TigerDroppings for LSU Football News
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram to get the latest updates on LSU Football and Recruiting.

FacebookTwitterInstagram