quote:

The LB rep should be fired for lying.

Posted by Dr RC
The Money Pit
Member since Aug 2011
58049 posts
Posted on 12/4/12 at 4:06 pm to
I said this in a different thread but here it is again

The word of a WAC commissioner means squat here. The guy has nothing to lose by burning bridges with bowl execs b/c they no longer sponsor football.

BVDV also said the CUSA commissioner would back his story. Where are THOSE comments? If it was true you would think CUSA head honchos would be livid. Yet they have said nothing.

Never mind that La Tech had already been told if Iowa State was available, thats the team they were taking.

Sorry, but BVDV has done nothing to show he isn't simply covering his own arse for screwing up.

and PS I've talked to big hitters in the A&M admin and they never believed the game in Shreveport was really moved for the hurricane.
Posted by DawgyDog
RUSTON
Member since Apr 2008
280 posts
Posted on 12/4/12 at 4:11 pm to
RC, why are you all over every Tech thread? I know it is fun to watch a dumpster fire but good god get a hold of yourself man.
Posted by Dr RC
The Money Pit
Member since Aug 2011
58049 posts
Posted on 12/4/12 at 4:15 pm to
I got burned out on all the Johnny Football threads in the SECR a while back and migrated here.

I'm not a huge NFL fan and this is the only amusing thing going in CFB for me right now.

a few weeks back I was banging on Colorado for being slimy toads for canning Embree when they tied his hands behind his back from the get go.

Once bowl season starts I'll forget about La Tech pretty fast.

This post was edited on 12/4/12 at 4:18 pm
Posted by tigerpimpbot
Chairman of the Pool Board
Member since Nov 2011
66903 posts
Posted on 12/4/12 at 4:17 pm to
Posted by stapuffmarshy
lower 9
Member since Apr 2010
17507 posts
Posted on 12/4/12 at 4:29 pm to
I have no dog in this hunt but

quote:

Steve Ehrhart

I've had multiple dealings with this man. Untrustable. Seriously. Snake like

eta: He collected the 3$ check from the NFL to the USFL. Feel for La Tech in this deal but I could have told you, if he says something, expect the opposite
This post was edited on 12/4/12 at 4:33 pm
Posted by Chitter Chatter
In and Out of Consciousness
Member since Sep 2009
4659 posts
Posted on 12/4/12 at 4:53 pm to
So LB says that if Iowa State was available, they would take them. All BVD had to do was simply look at the standing and Big XII bowl tie ins and he would see pretty damn clear that Iowa State was available. Their last game was in November and their record was 6-6: bowl eligible.

The Big XII tie ins: their are 8 of them. The top 9 Big XII teams were available with Iowa State the being the ninth available. The top 8 teams went to the 8 Big XII bowl tie in bowl games.

Delusional Tech fans can blame the Liberty Bowl people and even the get WAC commish to agree. Bruce should've known this was very distinct possibility. UNLESS IT'S IN WRITING, IT DOESN'T EXIST!!!!

Bottom line is this is a Tech screw up because of greed and the desire to not play ULM or Ohio. They thought they could go to the dance with the prettier girl but left going home with Rosie palm and her five sisters.
Posted by T1
Dallas, TX
Member since Dec 2006
3060 posts
Posted on 12/4/12 at 5:00 pm to
quote:

The Big XII tie ins: their are 8 of them. The top 9 Big XII teams were available

Tech needed 2 Big XII teams in the BCS. NIU knocked Oklahoma out at about 3:00 on Sunday.
Posted by The General
Bossier City
Member since Nov 2003
541 posts
Posted on 12/4/12 at 5:14 pm to
quote:

NIU knocked Oklahoma out at about 3:00 on Sunday

Bowl people "knew" this on Saturday. Thus one of the problems with Bruce's decision processes.

Also - Arkansas St. was in play for the Liberty Bowl with a team swap with Go Daddy if ISU was not there for Liberty.

Edit: It is not correct to say "Knew" as in 100%, but it was calculated that it was going to happen so Bowls with open slots had to firm up teams and prepare plans for both situations.
This post was edited on 12/4/12 at 5:24 pm
Posted by WarhawkTiger6
Team BB03©
Member since Jun 2009
12292 posts
Posted on 12/4/12 at 5:27 pm to
Posted by T1
Dallas, TX
Member since Dec 2006
3060 posts
Posted on 12/4/12 at 5:31 pm to
I don't know. NIU had a weak schedule and you never know what the voter's agendas are. It was possible, but I think most people thought they would be at #17, and just outside the BCS.
Posted by Lsuhoohoo
Member since Sep 2007
94390 posts
Posted on 12/4/12 at 5:37 pm to
It's amazing how quickly those at Tech BBB are giving Bruce a pass on his botched handling of the situation. Those clowns are so eager to believe that everyone in the world is out to screw Tech that they're eating up every little lie Bruce puts out. So far Bruce has pointed the finger at everyone but himself and has yet to issue and apology for fricking up the season for everybody.
Posted by Dr RC
The Money Pit
Member since Aug 2011
58049 posts
Posted on 12/4/12 at 5:45 pm to
try going over there to tell them BVDV needs to go and is making them look bad.

you'll be called a troll and ripped for being a condescending know it all who demands non AQ schools lick your boot.

Apparently from what I picked up lurking there all year Bruce even posts now and then. So its possible there are a few university employees under him also posting all the drivel about how its everyone's fault but his.

This post was edited on 12/4/12 at 5:50 pm
Posted by Chitter Chatter
In and Out of Consciousness
Member since Sep 2009
4659 posts
Posted on 12/4/12 at 8:36 pm to
quote:

try going over there to tell them BVDV needs to go and is making them look bad

Yep.... they're blaming 710 KEEL for talking bad about Tech.

As a friend said today.... "I thought Baylor fans were nuts."
Posted by YMCA
It's Fun to Stay
Member since May 2011
3920 posts
Posted on 12/4/12 at 10:02 pm to
quote:

Tech needed 2 Big XII teams in the BCS. NIU knocked Oklahoma out at about 3:00 on Sunday.

You had Kent St sitting at 17 and NIU sitting at 21 going into that game. So basically you are looking at 2 schools, playing each other, that could knock OU out of a spot in the BCS. I don't think it really mattered what the outcome of the game was. If I know this going into the Kent St/NIU game, which he did, I'm not leaving anything to chance.
Posted by econ85
Member since Nov 2012
572 posts
Posted on 12/4/12 at 10:15 pm to
I think he BVD should be fired.

Bottom line, if we don't play like arse-clowns the last half of the season we're not in this predicament.

Being a Tech fan is 100X harder than being an Arky fan.
Posted by windshieldman
Member since Nov 2012
12818 posts
Posted on 12/4/12 at 10:20 pm to
Econ, when you say we played like assclowns you should only refer to defense. Techs D and O should should never be included together. There is no we, just yalls D that played that way. Such a damn, damn good offense. Ive never seen a defense that horrible in my life though. This whole thing sucks for the players, badly.
Posted by YMCA
It's Fun to Stay
Member since May 2011
3920 posts
Posted on 12/4/12 at 10:30 pm to
quote:

I think he BVD should be fired. Bottom line, if we don't play like arse-clowns the last half of the season we're not in this predicament. Being a Tech fan is 100X harder than being an Arky fan.

Even though Tech fans are catching shite, I really do feel for the entire team. To have a season that good, regardless of who they played, should be rewarded. I agree if they win the last two this isn't a problem. But at 9-3 you should land somewhere and I like that the AD wanted more for the team but sometimes you have to take a step back before climbing to the top of the mountain. It seems like the AD had already set up camp.
Posted by horndog
*edited by ADMIN
Member since Apr 2007
11654 posts
Posted on 12/4/12 at 10:42 pm to
Dykes is going to leave that cluster frick of a football program and your next coach will suck. I bet you win less than 4 games next year. You deserved it.
This post was edited on 12/4/12 at 10:43 pm
first pageprev pagePage 2 of 3Next pagelast page

logoFollow TigerDroppings for LSU Football News
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram to get the latest updates on LSU Football and Recruiting.

FacebookTwitterInstagram