So do you really think its fair that teams like PBS and Notre Dame can take in kids that do not even reside in the same parish as that the school is located? That's is not a level playing field. By the way these private schools are not going to pull out of the LHSAA because they do not have the resources to start their own organization. Most are doing enough to keep their heads above water.
LHSAA--Anybody heard any rumors about the LHSAA Executive Director's job?
We need a NOLA/catholic league guy as president
quote: I know nothing about high school athletics
And it shows
how do we know the problem isn't too many North LA people in LHSAA leadership? North LA can't coexist with nonpublic schools bc they have so few of them.
they don't care if there's a split bc they never usually play them
By the way these private schools are not going to pull out of the LHSAA because they do not have the resources to start their own organization. Most are doing enough to keep their heads above water.
Reading this thread is crazy.
I know nothing about high school athletics, but here's my solution.
1) if a small school wants to be in a higher class, you must go all the way to 5A. No cherry picking.
2) and, all your sports will be in 5A should you play up. Deal with it!
3) recruit all you want, but parents must move for the student athlete to be eligible , no simply jumping from the public school to the private school
4) if the student cannot move, then he must sit out a year
5) a student becomes Uneligable to play high school sports the day he turns 19. Before that date, play all you want.
There are already preliminary plans for a separate administrative body. There is absolutely no benefit for private schools to stay with the LHSAA if this passes.
I'm thinking that not every public school will vote for this to pass, so the question is how many will? Also, does it take a simple majority to pass the legislation?
What do they do if a "public" school wants to go with the privates and the private assn. admits them but the privates don't want any other school in that school board's jurisdiction?
it will only be in every paper in the state leading up to next week...