Started By
re: .

Posted on 4/28/15 at 1:55 pm to
Posted by Chris4x4gill2
North Alabama
Member since Nov 2008
3092 posts
Posted on 4/28/15 at 1:55 pm to
Probably an HR / company policy. I doubt his boss is just being petty. He is just flowing back the policy he is required to enforce.
Posted by sneakytiger
Member since Oct 2007
2472 posts
Posted on 4/28/15 at 2:00 pm to
Two weeks is two weeks. Tell your HR they need to adjust the hours to reflect the 9 hours/day if they are going to count it that way.

edit - they will probably scratch their head and then go tell your boss to quit being an idiot.
This post was edited on 4/28/15 at 2:01 pm
Posted by trident
Member since Jul 2007
4747 posts
Posted on 4/28/15 at 2:14 pm to
quote:

I had the same setup of hours at my old job. They did the same and required days off to burn 9 hours of PTO.

This is a boss' decision on how he/she wants to implement it. Were I work, you cant switch back and forth from 8hr days to 9 hr days (unless you do it for an entire period). I do however allow my employees to switch the 8hr and day off around to fit there schedule.
Posted by eng08
Member since Jan 2013
5997 posts
Posted on 4/28/15 at 8:29 pm to
We had a similar situation at my company. Different groups are on different schedules - 9-80's, some 4-10's, some 9 hr days and half day Fridays.

My co-worker and I have a good relationship with the manager and we have been argueing this policy with him over the last several years each year it comes up.

In the end HR came in and said company policy is 8hra a day for holidays and Vacation policy is 40hrs per week. How you divide up the vacation is up to the managers.
Posted by swanny297
NELA
Member since Oct 2013
2189 posts
Posted on 4/29/15 at 7:53 am to
quote:

That's a free 21 vacation days right there. Quit bitching.

This you are already getting paid for 21 days that you don't work...
Posted by DownSouthDave
Beau, Bro, Baw
Member since Jan 2013
7373 posts
Posted on 4/29/15 at 8:41 am to
quote:

This you are already getting paid for 21 days that you don't work...

Not really.

That's like saying you get paid for Saturdays even though you don't work them. It's not like they are being paid for a full week and only working part time.
first pageprev pagePage 2 of 2Next pagelast page
refresh

logoFollow TigerDroppings for LSU Football News
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram to get the latest updates on LSU Football and Recruiting.

FacebookTwitterInstagram