If you wait for the new cards are you willing to pay the extra money and deal with driver/hardware issues that can come with the newest cards? I like my 670 and I would keep a close eye out for an awesome deal on a 670 or 680 in the coming months.
Pretty much this. Unless you aren't worried about spending the extra money, it's not a good idea to wait for new technology and jump on it the minute it's released (in most cases, at least). But, if you want to wait for the next gen cards, plus a few extra months for the prices to drop and the drivers to catch up, then that might be the best option.
What kind of settings are you trying to game with? What resolution? A lot of people buy graphics cards that are more powerful than they need them to be, expecting huge noticeable performance boosts on a single 1080p monitor.