This is your chance to get in on the ground floor of what hopes to be a fun, competitive, fantasy baseball league -- Auction draft, Roto scoring, Keeper league. We are looking to add 12+ owners (16 max) to the league for it's maiden voyage. This league will draft earlier than normal fantasy baseball leagues, normally at or around Spring Training.
Here are the preliminary details (subject to change based on league wide vote):
* League will be through ESPN or Yahoo
*$100 entry fee
* There will be an auction draft held before or at the beginning of Spring Training. Owners will start with X amount of dollars and they will bid against other owners for players until their roster is filled.
* The scoring will be a rotisserie format -- if you question what that is, then this probably isn't the league for you.
* Preliminary categories will consist of 5 hitting (HR/RBI/R/SB/OPS) and 5 pitching (QS/K/ERA/WHIP/S). Pitching will have an inning cap for season.
* Preliminary rosters/lineups will play somewhat like a 25 man MLB roster -
- Active Hitters - C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, (3) OF
- Active Pitchers- (5) SP, (3) RP
- Bench- (9) slots to be filled at owner's discretion
* This league will used a FAAB system ($ amount TBD), which will process once a week. Once it processes, there will be a day or two window to add/drop until the FA pool locks again for the week. Again, if you question what FAAB is....
* STFBL will also feature a keeper format, which will allow owners to keep X amount of players year to year within a certain budget (again, TBD). Preliminary keeper details are as follows
- Owners can keep as many players as they wish as long as they fit in the allotted budget
- The value system will work as follows:
~ You draft player and he plays out his A season at that auction price
~ You have the option to keep said player in his B season for the original auction price or you can decide to throw him back into the pool
~ In his year C, you must decide to either
A) Keep player for one final season at original price for season C
B) Sign player to a 2 year deal (seasons C and D) in which his price increases +$5 each season on top of the original price
C) Sign player to a 3 year deal (seasons C, D, and E) in which his price increases +$10 each season on top of the original price
D) Throw player back into the draft pool
~ Once you sign a player, you must keep him for his duration of his contract. If you trade him, the new owner must take on said contract.
~ If you want to keep a player whom who acquired via FAAB, his keeper price will be the price for which he was acquired via FAAB
~ If you keep a player whom you traded for, you will assume whatever price the original owner paid, whether it be at the draft auction or FAAB
~ If a keeper is added as a FA outside of the FAAB process, he will be applied a value of $1
Now, this may seem complicated, but the league software will do most of the work. We will always be able to look back on auction or FAAB prices and go from there. We can also track a lot of the info on the first few pages of a season long thread.
Once the league is filled, I'd like to assign different jobs to a few owners: a commish, a treasurer (collects and distributes league fees and winnings), a scribe (tracks keepers, contracts and the like) etc.
Again, nothing is set in stone. These are just a few things I came up with to give potential owners a general idea of what to expect out of this league. Once ESPN/Yahoo open for sign ups, it will be easier to set up a concrete list of rules and settings.
As far as adding owners, I'd like to get people who are serious about Fantasy Baseball. None of the "Oh, I've always wanted to play Fantasy Baseball, let me give it a try!". There are a few competitive leagues on the Fantasy Sports Board, and I think a mix of each league could be fun. I will keep a list of owners in this post.
Anyway, it's getting late. If you are interested, please inquire within this thread. If you would like to comment or discuss one of the above details of the league, then please feel free. This certainly isn't the finished product. Please realize that the league rules/scoring/format/settings could likely be fluid, as many have not played this particular format. Things will likely be tweaked early on until we find something that works. Owners need to be patient and understanding. STFBL Owners
3. Lester Earl
6. prison mike47
This post was edited on 2/21 at 4:36 pm